After yesterday who is your WR pick at 28?

1 hour ago, Brand J said:

I wanted Franklin at 28 before the combine, but if he’s going to show up 2 inches shorter and almost 20 pounds lighter than his listed ht/wt, that boy better run a 4.3. His time was disappointing for his frame, can he add 20 pounds and maintain 4.4 speed? Not a risk I want to take in round 1.

While his time was disappointing, it's so close to a 4.3; he probably would have been in the 4.3's if his technique was slightly better. He's still very fast. The weight was definitely disappointing and the gauntlet drill was really bad.

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Is there a best source for stats on college WRs getting separation?

It isn't listed in PFF's premium stats, but their draft guide includes "Open Target %". Of course many factors can influence this such as the routes they're running, the coverage they're facing, etc. It's easier to get open finding a soft spot in a zone vs. working open against man coverage for example. If you're running a ton of crossers across the middle, you're bound to run into traffic more often than a curl route against soft coverage. If you're the focus of the defense, you'll probably have a harder time getting open than the #3 target on your team. Having said that, here's where everyone ranked:

Name Open Target %
Tahj Washington 89%
Malachi Corley 86%
Jordan Whittington 86%
Lideatrick Griffin 84%
Xavier Worthy 84%
Jacob Cowing  83%
Ladd McConkey 82%
Brian Thomas Jr. 80%
Jalen McMillan 79%
Malik Washington 79%
Troy Franklin 77%
Marvin Harrison Jr. 77%
Jamari Thrash 77%
Ricky Pearsall 75%
Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint 73%
Devontez Walker 73%
Jermaine Burton 72%
Xavier Legette 69%
Brenden Rice 66%
Malik Nabers 64%
Ja'Lynn Polk 64%
Rome Odunze 61%
Adonai Mitchell 58%
Ainias Smith 56%
Keon Coleman 53%
Johnny Wilson 51%

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

It isn't listed in PFF's premium stats, but their draft guide includes "Open Target %". Of course many factors can influence this such as the routes they're running, the coverage they're facing, etc. It's easier to get open finding a soft spot in a zone vs. working open against man coverage for example. If you're running a ton of crossers across the middle, you're bound to run into traffic more often than a curl route against soft coverage. If you're the focus of the defense, you'll probably have a harder time getting open than the #3 target on your team. Having said that, here's where everyone ranked:

Name Open Target %
Tahj Washington 89%
Malachi Corley 86%
Jordan Whittington 86%
Lideatrick Griffin 84%
Xavier Worthy 84%
Jacob Cowing  83%
Ladd McConkey 82%
Brian Thomas Jr. 80%
Jalen McMillan 79%
Malik Washington 79%
Troy Franklin 77%
Marvin Harrison Jr. 77%
Jamari Thrash 77%
Ricky Pearsall 75%
Devontez Walker 73%
Jermaine Burton 72%
Xavier Legette 69%
Brenden Rice 66%
Malik Nabers 64%
Ja'Lynn Polk 64%
Rome Odunze 61%
Adonai Mitchell 58%
Ainias Smith 56%
Keon Coleman 53%
Johnny Wilson 51%

Wow thank you this is great. Confirmation bias for me liking Worthy and being concerned about how often Coleman is making contested catches. Did not know it was so rough for Mitchell. Going to have to look further into those other guys at the top.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Name Open Target %
Tahj Washington 89%
Malachi Corley 86%
Jordan Whittington 86%
Lideatrick Griffin 84%
Xavier Worthy 84%
Jacob Cowing  83%
Ladd McConkey 82%
Brian Thomas Jr. 80%
Jalen McMillan 79%
Malik Washington 79%
Troy Franklin 77%
Marvin Harrison Jr. 77%
Jamari Thrash 77%
Ricky Pearsall 75%
Devontez Walker 73%
Jermaine Burton 72%
Xavier Legette 69%
Brenden Rice 66%
Malik Nabers 64%
Ja'Lynn Polk 64%
Rome Odunze 61%
Adonai Mitchell 58%
Ainias Smith 56%
Keon Coleman 53%
Johnny Wilson 51%

Polk and Legette just became more of a wish for me after looking at those %’s and their stats…

On 3/5/2024 at 1:03 PM, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Wow thank you this is great. Confirmation bias for me liking Worthy and being concerned about how often Coleman is making contested catches. Did not know it was so rough for Mitchell. Going to have to look further into those other guys at the top.

It’s very tricky though. Are guys at the top up there because they’re always open? Or because the QB doesn’t trust them except when they’re wide open? (And when they’re wide open, is that because they ran a great route, or because they were schemed open?)

I notice MH, Jr is pretty high up but not at the top. Makes sense, because he gets open a lot, but also his QB is often willing to throw it even when the CB is blanketing Harrison. 

i personally wouldn’t draw any conclusions from these numbers, unless in combination with extensive review of play by play film. 

Edited by Cash
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2024 at 8:17 AM, TheBeaneBandit said:

Ladd followed closely by Leggett as far as who realistically will be there.

I like both picks but mine is the opposite I like what i see from Leggett he is my draft man crush this year, his size & speed i think he is the entire package & would help Josh & with his skill set would open things up for the others in the passing game .

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, T master said:

I like both picks but mine is the opposite I like what i see from Leggett he is my draft man crush this year, his size & speed i think he is the entire package & would help Josh & with his skill set would open things up for the others in the passing game .

I agree Legette is my guy this year, at first I was all in on Mitchell but after his 4.30 combine I figured he wouldn't last to 28, Legette should fall and have no issues going with him assuming top end DTs/DEs are taken previously. 

On 3/5/2024 at 9:52 AM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

You all are in for SUCH a disappointment when the pick's Robinson from PSU

I have a strong feeling we are not drafting WR till the second round.  We're probably drafting a DL.  You are probably correct.  Or strong possibility its a DT. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

6 foot and 4.3 speed isn’t small or slow.  He isn’t big but I think we need speed.

I agree, If we trade up it has t be for Thomas; otherwise I want McConkey at #28; and a more tradition X later in the draft.  The draft is so deep at WR, I wouldn't mind going McConkey at 28 and someone like Legette (if he makes it there) or Walker. DT is deep enough to wait on, Safety. we signed two guys.

1 minute ago, schoolhouserock said:

I know many would call it a slight reach, but I would be 100% OK with Pearsall at #28.

I think if you want someone like Pearsall, Legette or Franklin (over a Worthy or Mitchell, you absolutely trade back into the early part of Rd 2 and Grab another 2nd.  Yu don't take Pearsall at 28.

7 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

I agree, If we trade up it has t be for Thomas; otherwise I want McConkey at #28; and a more tradition X later in the draft.  The draft is so deep at WR, I wouldn't mind going McConkey at 28 and someone like Legette (if he makes it there) or Walker. DT is deep enough to wait on, Safety. we signed two guys.

I think if you want someone like Pearsall, Legette or Franklin (over a Worthy or Mitchell, you absolutely trade back into the early part of Rd 2 and Grab another 2nd.  Yu don't take Pearsall at 28.

I get the thinking, but the dollars and cents of an extra year on the rookie deal might make such a selection more palatable, especially at the end of round 1.

I’m not banging the table for it. Heck, I’m not even advocating for it. I just wouldn’t hate it.

Edited by schoolhouserock
Spelling

On 3/5/2024 at 12:43 PM, DCOrange said:

While his time was disappointing, it's so close to a 4.3; he probably would have been in the 4.3's if his technique was slightly better. He's still very fast. The weight was definitely disappointing and the gauntlet drill was really bad.

The gauntlet drill is why I'm on team Coleman. The way he plucked the ball out of the air while running full speed gives me thoughts of him running crossers and showing his RAC ability. Let alone him being a red zone threat. 

If Franklin was actually sick at the combine as claimed and he shows 4.3 speed in his private workout for the Bills…

+ crisper routes with his unique longer stride….he should be back in consideration for 28 or top half of the 2nd via trade up

The most aggressive Beane could likely be…

a moderate move up in Round 1 by trading 28, 2025 1st, 4th this year for BTJ

then moving up again from 60 for Franklin 

another strategy: Beane sits, Worthy makes it to 28, grab him for the explosive speed

then move up from 60 into the 40’s for Legette

Xavier & Xavier could be a super fun combo for years

Beane made a joke about taking a WR in every round…but IMO that could be a tell he will seriously consider taking WR in Rounds 1 & 2. 

With the future uncertainty surrounding Diggs, WR is the most important need and a premium position without question

Give Allen the weapons to build an A-Bomb Offense

Edited by Warriorspikes51

9 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

we already have Kincaid & Shakir.

I’d like more size / explosive deep speed or both.

Maybe I’m igorant, but McConkey doesn’t do much for me

McConkey will never be a #1 WR imo. He will be a solid Bob Woods type. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Back on the Worthy train.  

Legette is going to be 24 next January.  I didn’t realize that.  

That’s my only issue with him.  

Worthy makes more sense for this team - we don’t need him to play 80-90 percent of the time.  We got Samuel and Shakir and Hollins to rotate around. 

Right now - based on who will be there:

1. Worthy

2. Mitchell

3. Coleman 

4. Franklin 

5. Legette 

59 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So not necessarily sold on the fact that they have to draft a WR in round 1 vrs BPA, but at a position of need.

However the Bills have followed a trend WRT drafting WR's

2004 Lee Evans Round 1

2014 Sammy Watkins Round 1

2024 ???  Round 1

10 year special…?! 🤔