After yesterday who is your WR pick at 28?

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

You know that Worthy won't last past the Raiders, at least...

What do you think is quicker…. Worthy’s 40 time or the length the Raiders are on the clock before the pick comes in…?

If Al was still alive I’d take the clock. 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

You know that Worthy won't last past the Raiders, at least...

The ghost of Al Davis has followed them to the Vegas war room!  

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m in favor of either 1) trading back to the early 2nd or 2) drafting another position of need at 28 and trading up in the 2nd to grab one of the WRs

this WR class is so stacked, I think Franklin, Lagette, Walker, Coleman will all be there in the early 2nd. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I’m in favor of either 1) trading back to the early 2nd or 2) drafting another position of need at 28 and trading up in the 2nd to grab one of the WRs

this WR class is so stacked, I think Franklin, Lagette, Walker, Coleman will all be there in the early 2nd. 

I still put Coleman as the fringe guy for a first round. Playing in pads and gear isn’t as easy as spandex shorts and T. 

Falling in love with the metric testing is great but the tape can be a truer measure imo. 

If the 6 or even 7 tops guys are gone with Coleman on the board @ 28, the smart play is like you said and drop a few spots and hope for any of those 4 guys. I’d rather take Coleman over Franklin based on performance and the QB play they had. 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Ladd followed closely by Leggett as far as who realistically will be there.

Ladd is my choice.  My pro comp is Stefon Diggs.  Go look at physical stats, combine results and his production in College vs. The best, week to week,competition in college ball.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Who’s yours?  

Ladd McConkey.

31 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't think McConkey fits the skill set of what they need or are looking for at #28, though I love him. That's my order, though.

Please explain?  Best pure route runner coming out, same size as Diggs essentially, fast, creates space.  The guy can get open at all 3 levels.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BBFL said:

I still put Coleman as the fringe guy for a first round. Playing in pads and gear isn’t as easy as spandex shorts and T. 

Falling in love with the metric testing is great but the tape can be a truer measure imo. 

If the 6 or even 7 tops guys are gone with Coleman on the board @ 28, the smart play is like you said and drop a few spots and hope for any of those 4 guys. I’d rather take Coleman over Franklin based on performance and the QB play they had. 

I also think the comparison of Coleman and Franklin at the Combine makes for interesting discussion. I tend to prefer Coleman’s performance crushing the gauntlet to Franklin who struggled there but had a good 40. But then again my top WR trait is separation and it seems most of Coleman’s big plays are contested catches.

• Agree 2

Is this one of the most exciting WR classes in recent memory ? Or am I just hyper focused because of Bills need and imagining Allen ripping ropes to a young speed merchant.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Ladd is my choice.  My pro comp is Stefon Diggs.  Go look at physical stats, combine results and his production in College vs. The best, week to week,competition in college ball.

Ladd McConkey.

Please explain?  Best pure route runner coming out, same size as Diggs essentially, fast, creates space.  The guy can get open at all 3 levels.

I think the Bills need and want a big X opposite Diggs. For that reason, I have Thomas, Mitchell, and Legette as my top three. I'm not going to cry if McConkey is the selection, but then Beane will still need to get someone for that X role. If Coleman dropped to the second, you'd have to trade up to get him, but McConkey and Coleman would be a dream draft. I personally just don't see Beane going for McConkey at #28, and I do like the three WRs mentioned above quite a bit. I'd be very happy with any of them, but I've already said if we select McConkey, I'm buying his jersey. I'm both an UGA fan and a Bills' fan, and I believe he's going to be very good. 

1 minute ago, julian said:

Is this one of the most exciting WR classes in recent memory ? Or am I just hyper focused because of Bills need and imagining Allen ripping ropes to a young speed merchant.

No, I think it is exceptional. Beane needs to take advantage.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Franklin. We need a real X wideout and not another little shifty slot guy like Ladd. We have Shakir.

I was all about Franklin prior to his combine. Really slow first 10yard splits and not great numbers on the shuttle. I need to rethink my WR rankings.

46 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

This!!! If we can find a partner trade down a bit. We will still get a guy like Legette at that point.

2 minutes ago, JMM said:

This!!! If we can find a partner trade down a bit. We will still get a guy like Legette at that point.

Who is at the top of the second that might need a qb if nix and/or McCarthy fall to 28?  We might be able to recoup a first rounder next year to move down to allow that team to come up for the qb on the fifth year option. 

I'm willing to trade up a couple spots to get Thomas or Mitchell.  Those 2 will be good NFL caliber wrs. I'm also convinced once wrs start coming off the board, the run on wrs will begin. There's just too much talent. I'm a little skeptical of Worthy not running drills but I think a team between 11-20 will grab him to begin the full run. Legette or McConkey would be acceptable at 28 if we don't move up.

• Like (+1) 3