After yesterday who is your WR pick at 28?

Beane should take a big swing.

Trade next year’s 1st to acquire another 1st this year.  Get 2 of them. 

I’m only being partially serious.

But the talent is so good in this year’s class at the position we need to overhaul the most.  Drafting at least 2 if not 3 needs to be the objective

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Thomas jr

Mitchell

Legette

Worthy

Franklin

im probably making a hard stand at Mitchell in the first round. Anything after that I am reading back to the early 2nd and grabbing one of the other 3 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Thomas jr

Mitchell

Legette

Worthy

Franklin

im probably making a hard stand at Mitchell in the first round. Anything after that I am reading back to the early 2nd and grabbing one of the other 3 

they could all fly off the board if you trade back. Would not risk it.  Beane is way more likely to make a trade up. Probably only a few spots….but you never know

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Thomas jr

Mitchell

Legette

Worthy

Franklin

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Worthy slips to the second round.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

But the talent is so good in this year’s class at the position we need to overhaul the most.  Drafting at least 2 if not 3 needs to be the objective

A first next year is worth a 2nd this year.

18 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

McKonkey and Mitchell is awfully tempting. Of course, it depends on where the other first lands.

Edited by Maynard
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Assuming the top 3 are completely out of reach and the rest are fair game (though I would be very surprised if Thomas made it to 28), my rankings starting at 4 are:

1. Brian Thomas Jr.
  2. Keon Coleman
  3. Troy Franklin
  4. Jacob Cowing
  5. Ladd McConkey
  6. Ricky Pearsall
  7. Roman Wilson
  8. Ja'Lynn Polk
  9. Adonai Mitchell
  10. Brenden Rice

I would love to have Thomas at 28. After him, I'm honestly a little unsure now. Franklin had a pretty bad Combine; I still like the film and metrics enough that I'd probably take him but I'm not as confident in it as I was before yesterday. Coleman had a good Combine altogether, but the 40 time on top of the lack of separation on film is a very major red flag, so similar to Franklin, I'm not as confident about taking him as 28 as I was previously. Cowing, McConkey, Pearsall, etc. would be reaches/aren't really what I'm looking for for the Bills at 28, but I like them as prospects. Pearsall's Combine performance was pretty eye opening; similar to Mitchell I didn't really see the great athleticism that Pearsall showed yesterday.

I don't put much stock in Combine performances. If the WRs worked against the DBs, as they do in the Senior Bowl practices, I think it would be a lot more meaningful. In fact, I'm happy Franklin and Coleman had bad Combines. They may slip due to that. That's what happened to Cooper Cupp, and the Rams got a steal because of it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

At this point KC's getting a very good wr no matter what. And there's nothing we can do about it.  But what we can do is make absolute sure our target wr (Thomas,  Mitchell, McConkey) fits our system and expectations.  And I'd even consider landing another wr in the 2nd if the value is there.

My fear is that we go defense in round 1, which allows KC to get a WR that we all like. It seems to be McDs MO…try stopping the other teams’ offense. Another thing that worries me is KC trading up a pick or two in front of us and taking our guy, kinda like how they came up for McDuffie  and forced us to reach for Elam. Yuck. 

All that said…I hope I’m wrong and we are all celebrating our new stud first round WR soon enough. 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Here is what I hate about this draft…

There are going to be multiple exciting WR prospects on the board when we pick and one of those is going to land with KC…and I’m worried that it’s going to be Ladd who I love in this draft and will go on to be a stud in KC.

I think Thomas would be the pick if he made it to us, but I think he goes before our pick.  

So my pick is Ladd or AD.  I’d be happy with either, but I have a stronger feeling about Ladd who I think has a higher floor than many of the other WRs with one of the highest ceilings in the draft.  

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

At this point KC's getting a very good wr no matter what. And there's nothing we can do about it.  But what we can do is make absolute sure our target wr (Thomas,  Mitchell, McConkey) fits our system and expectations.  And I'd even consider landing another wr in the 2nd if the value is there.

I agree with that, and if you read my original post a little bit prior, first thing I said is that the thing I hate about this draft is that KC is gonna get a good WR prospect too.

Im just saying, of all the WR's I fear the most about going to KC its Ladd.  He is the kind of player that could flourish in a system like that.  I personally think he is one of the most complete WR's in this draft and not only does he have one of the highest ceilings, but he also has one of the highest floors and is on of the safest bets to at least be a quality player opposite Rice.  

But yes, getting OUR GUY, the one we feel is the best fit for us, is the top priority.  I do think that if Thomas is on the board he would be the pick, but I am skeptical he gets to us without a trade up.  If he is gone, then Ladd and Mitchell I think are the two most likely choices.  

I would not rule out a 2nd WR in the 2nd, but I think they would have to have him as the clear BPA and just love the guy given the amount of holes we need to fill and the overall depth of the WR position in this draft.  Beane does go BPA, but he has also repeatedly said they also weigh depth of said position in the draft if the rankings are close.  So if say a DT, DE, or S is there in the 2nd that is closely graded with the WR that is BPA, he almost certainly goes that direction and look to add another WR later possibly.  

There are going to be good WR's found in this draft on day 3 no doubt.  

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

My fear is KC might move up for him.  Someone posted we didn't meet with him at the combine, only Sr. Bowl.  Is that to throw off other teams?

He is the kid I really want, and don't mind moving up to say 20 to get him.  He would make an impact day 1.

Not meeting him at the combine does not rule him out with us.  They already met with him at Sr. Bowl.  So yeah, if they are on him it would make sense to not show too much interest and not meet him again at combine.  Not to mention, there are a lot of picks in Beane's pocket this year, so they probably want to meet with as many different players as they can too.  

Personally, its hard to tell this year because the WR position is so deep, it is difficult to identify what Beane's board might look like.  If Beane say has only 4 guys with first round grades (say:  Harrision, Nabers, Odunze, Thomas) and three of them are gone and one is left on the board as we enter the 20's...then I think its quite possible Beane looks at a small trade up to ensure he gets his guy.  Now even if he has them as the top 4 but has a clump of guys he would still take at 28 closely graded behind the 4th guy (Thomas in this case), then I think he probably stays put and lets the draft come to him unless a crazy run of WR's happens ahead of us even after Thomas is gone.  

Given the depth of the draft, I think it's more likely we stay put and let the draft come to us because of the depth of the position likely has guys they expect to be there when we pick that they like.  And to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Beane made a small trade down into the 2nd if there were several WR's on the board he wants, especially if it netted him an extra 3rd this year and maybe double up on WR in the first 3 rounds.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

I don't put much stock in Combine performances. If the WRs worked against the DBs, as they do in the Senior Bowl practices, I think it would be a lot more meaningful. In fact, I'm happy Franklin and Coleman had bad Combines. They may slip due to that. That's what happened to Cooper Cupp, and the Rams got a steal because of it.

Something to think about for those who do put a lot stock in Combine 40 times:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I know the fans are convinced they are going to go WR becuase they “need to”

but I’m not convinced the bills brass feels this sentiment at all

they see Josh being Josh with whomever he has - another mvp worthy year with what he had (no number 2)

in addition they also see where they keep losing - on defense - to the chiefs

would NOT surprise me if come draft day - everyone is disappointed because it’s defense heavy again 

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Worthy slips to the second round.

He’s still lighter than most of the females interviewing him. It’s not a good recipe to expect that he won’t have serious injury problems in the league. With that said I’m taking a flier in him but not at 28

• Dislike 1