Bills official offseason Cap moves thread.

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea to be clear I am against moving Benford. If I was gonna try any of them at safety it would be Tre actually. Coming out there were people who thought because he wasn't a great long speed guy if he might end up at safety in the NFL. I'm not saying it would be my go to option or anything but if I had brought Tre back and wasn't able to secure an affordable vet at FS I'd be open to trying him there. 

Agreed about benford.

Tre would scare me at safety though. Historically he is a horrible tackler. Not ideal for what you need to have in a safety haha

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Agreed about benford.

Tre would scare me at safety though. Historically he is a horrible tackler. Not ideal for what you need to have in a safety haha

That's mainly in run support though and I'd see him much more as the centre fielder. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Okay overall here is my Salary Cap plan for 2024. Starting with an assumption of $242m cap and the Bills being currently circa $51m over the cap.

Restructures:

Basic restructures (turning salary into amortised bonus):

Josh Allen - saving $18m

Dawson Knox - saving $2.8m

Connor McGovern - saving $2.4m

Matt Milano - saving $2.1m

Ed Oliver - saving $1.2m

Ryan Bates - saving $1.1m

Restructure with VOID years:

Jordan Poyer - saving $2m

Total Saving: $29.6m 

Estimated cap space: -$27m

Pay Cuts:

Tre White - saving $6m

Nyheim Hines - saving $2.5m

Total Saving: $8.5m

Estimated cap space: -$18.5m 

Extensions:

Dion Dawkins - saving $6.5m (on the basis of a 2 year extension worth $37m - $18.5m AAV - added to the $10.3m base salary + roster bonuses he was due for this year so a total of $47.3m to spread over 3 years allowing you to lower the cap hit in year 1 - comparator contract Jake Matthews)

Rasul Douglas - saving $5m (on the basis of a 2 year extension worth $22m - $11m AAV - added to the $9m base salary + roster bonuses he was due for this year so a total of $31m to spread over 3 years allowing you to lower the cap hit in year 1 - comparator contract Darious Williams)

Taron Johnson - saving $6m (on the basis of a 4 year extension worth $50m - $12.5m AAV - added to the $7.6m base salary + roster bonuses he was due for this year so a total of $57.6m to spread over 5 years allowing you to lower the cap hit in year 1 - comparator contract Cam Sutton)

Total Saving: $17.5m 

Estimated cap space: -$1.5m

Cuts:

Mitch Morse - saving of $8.5m

Von Miller - saving of $6.7m (not realised until June 1st)

Deonte Harty - saving of $4.2m

Siran Neal - saving of $3m

Total Saving: $22.4m

Estimated cap space: $20.9m (made up of $14.2m + an additional $6.7m from June 1)

And you would have 49 players under contract of whom about 38 are realistic players for the 53. They have 10 draft picks and need circa $10.6m to sign their draftees. 

Conclusion:

it's tight. And When you consider they probably need a vet or two at DL and Safety..... it gets very tight. The other "easy" button to press is the restructure on Stef's contract. That saves you another $13m.... but it means the cost of moving on from him after 2024 (which is very much the play I think) costs you $35m in dead cap rather than the $22m in dead cap it is currently slated to cost. The other big saving option is just cut Rasul straight up. That is a $9m saving, no dead money, but having spent a 3rd round pick on him and with the Tre health question that would be brave and I don't expect them to go there. In terms of the decisions I've made above that would be most controversial given opinions here:

Cutting Von - impact of keeping him is you have 50 players under contract but only $14.2m total in cap space.

Keeping and restructuring Jordan Poyer - impact of cutting him outright is you save an additional $3.4m but the only safety on your roster is Damar Hamlin. 

Keeping and cutting the pay of Tre - impact of cutting him is neutral on 2024 cap compared to the pay cut. Both save $6m. You could do him as a post June 1 cut and then it opens up $10m in 2024 space but you lose $6m on your pre-June cap space (so you wouldn't even have enough to sign all your draftees before 1 June). 

Now there will be some other things they can do with VOID years like I am suggesting with Jordan to just eek another million or so out here and there on some of the extensions and get that saving up closer to $25m rather than $17.5m but every time you do that you are kicking the future can that bit harder. Losing the ability to potentially press the Stef reset button makes everything else harder. It does make me lean towards try and get DaQuan Jones back on a one year deal but with a couple of void years to spread the hit out and then probably let every other FA you have walk. Maybe one or two come back on vet minimum $1.2m type deals later, but there is not a lot of scope. They are going to have to accept being younger and thinner on the backend of the roster in 2024 and just hope their luck turns in terms of injuries and their starters can stay relatively healthy. 

I don't think Elam will be on the roster in 2024. I think they'll try and trade him. 

it looks too tight ..And it includes cutting Miller which they won’t do…Makes me think they will just restructure Diggs again …so Diggs is here 2024 and 2025 …don’t love it but leaning towards it must be inevitable 

If you can convince Tre to take a $6m pay cut then yeah .. do that … so he will be back playing for $4m next year though?

Agree with a lot of your other points ..including cutting Morse which seems taboo here  …

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

it looks too tight ..And it includes cutting Miller which they won’t do…Makes me think they will just restructure Diggs again …so Diggs is here 2024 and 2025 …don’t love it but leaning towards it must be inevitable 

If you can convince Tre to take a $6m pay cut then yeah .. do that … so he will be back playing for $4m next year though?

Agree with a lot of your other points ..including cutting Morse which seems taboo here  …

Tre is slated to count $16m against the cap in 2024. But he has no new guaranteed money so if the Bills cut him he doesn't get another penny (though we still have to account for the $10m in dead bonus money already paid). If the Bills were to offer him some new guaranteed money (I've suggested about $8m) in exchange for a big paycut on the unguaranteed salary he is due I would think it would be attractive to him. If it isn't fine, he can go. He'd be "playing" for about $8m in new money but only half of that would be accounted for in 2024, with the rest spread across 2025 and possibly a void year or two. He'd then count about $10m against the 2024 cap - the $6m that already counts against the cap from previously paid bonus money, plus $4m of the new money. Which is the same as he counts against the cap if we cut him because as well as the $6m already paid this year a cut (without a post 1 June designation) escalates the other $4m of already paid bonus to the 2024 cap. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So the thing with that is - can it be structured in such a way that it can be just as easily gotten out of next season?

Joe calls it a "non guaranteed extension". Meaning what exactly? That we're able to come up with some savings this year with the ability to cut him next season if it doesn't work without more of a penalty?

If there's a way we can save more by keeping him this season with the ability to still let him go without more of a penalty next season if he doesn't return to form - I'd listen to that.

I’m no capologist, but the way I understand the idea is that the Bills would change his salary and roster bonus to a signing bonus prorated over 4 years thus decreasing the cap hit by the 7 mill.  My guess is it would increase his dead cap hit in 2025 by about 2.5, but according to spotrac.com this would still be favorable as his current dead cap in 2025 is 4.1 vs an active cap of 16+.   What I don’t know is void years and things of that nature that would affect our cap for White even if cut this year.

The other thing I don’t know is whether an injury settlement is required vs an out-right release.  If required, who knows what this might look like in the end.  If it is required maybe Joe’s idea is a smarter way to proceed.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Tre is slated to count $16m against the cap in 2024. But he has no new guaranteed money so if the Bills cut him he doesn't get another penny (though we still have to account for the $10m in dead bonus money already paid). If the Bills were to offer him some new guaranteed money (I've suggested about $8m) in exchange for a big paycut on the unguaranteed salary he is due I would think it would be attractive to him. If it isn't fine, he can go. He'd be "playing" for about $8m in new money but only half of that would be accounted for in 2024, with the rest spread across 2025 and possibly a void year or two. He'd then count about $10m against the 2024 cap - the $6m that already counts against the cap from previously paid bonus money, plus $4m of the new money. Which is the same as he counts against the cap if we cut him because as well as the $6m already paid this year a cut (without a post 1 June designation) escalates the other $4m of already paid bonus to the 2024 cap. 

Doesn't Tre have to pass a physical before he were to get cut? Would injury settlement be only way?

There is so much dead weight on the 2024 cap and almost zero free agents that are ‘must sign’ guys.  We won 6 games in a row and took KC to the wire with a patchwork D and paying Diggs and Knox like they’re top players at their position.  I really hope McBeane takes the opportunity clear a whole lot of non-performing and under performing contracts off the books.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

There is so much dead weight on the 2024 cap and almost zero free agents that are ‘must sign’ guys.  We won 6 games in a row and took KC to the wire with a patchwork D and paying Diggs and Knox like they’re top players at their position.  I really hope McBeane takes the opportunity clear a whole lot of non-performing and under performing contracts off the books.  

This is a great point. 

The cap looks daunting this year, but if we sit back.. who do we really “need” to re-sign?

Floyd was good for about half of the year and then officially became a Bills Defensive Lineman when he disappeared in the playoffs.  Thanks for holding it down last year, but I wish him well elsewhere. 

Epenesa is a guy I’d like back if his market isn’t heavy.  We could use young pass rushers and he’s a decent DE3 rotational pass rusher. 

Edwards id take back on a cheap deal if he wants back.  Same with Jackson if he doesn’t have much of a market. 

That’s about it.. zero desire to bring Davis back or any of the DT’s aside from Jones… who I can’t imagine has a crazy market given the injury and age. 

My biggest concern is that they play with contracts that are moveable/cut-candidates after this coming year when we likely have to eat a Josh Allen big cap hit. 

This team will go as far as Beane’s drafting takes them these next two years.  It’s not dire.. we’re not in a bad spot.  The offense almost 95% comes back and we hopefully upgrade via the draft at WR.  The defense may take a step back, but who knows what Von is and they don’t show up on the playoffs anyway, so…

Just don’t make it so we’re stuck with guys on bad contracts in ‘25 like we are here in ‘24. 

• Like (+1) 1

As long as we're tossing numbers around like a bunch of experts, and at the risk of coming off as a cynical nitpicker - or a Cliff Claven, I'd like to point out a little something.

We need to adjust our numbers. There's a part of the CBA (Article 45) titled "Injury Protection." It hasn't always been a part of the CBA, but has been around for a few years now. Injury protection is a built-in salary guarantee for players who are injured before the end of the previous season, and who are then released before the next season while still injured (unable to pass a physical). 

Under Article 45, assuming (I know, I know) Tre doesn't have any larger negotiated guarantees we don't know about, he is still guaranteed $2,050,000 of his 2024 salary if released while still injured from 2023. Under the agreement, $850,000 of that would be considered player benefit - which for our discussion means nothing. The remaining $1,200,000, however, will be paid in 2024, and counted as salary - which will also count against the 2024 cap.

So when we all look at OTC and Spotrac and see that cutting Tre before the season will save us a little over $6 million in cap space, the reality is, unless Tre has a different, unreported guarantee in place, cutting him will actually save us a little over $4.8 million in cap space. 

Now you know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Given our cap situation, I do think, as others have suggested, that we are going to need to do a basic restructure of the Diggs contract for the cap savings it will represent (approximately $13 million).  

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

The Bill has come due as Beane predicted.  He thought we would win a superbowl with who we have and didn't. Most everyone that would be considered the current "Core" is under contract.  Its time to take a year, clean the bad cap off the books and hope we hit on the Draft.

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Josh should get us around 27 mil.  Von should be asked to re-do his deal.  Diggs...anybody's best guess at this point.  I think he's due 18 mil in March so if a move is made or contract re-done it's before that

Im not touching Diggs or Von's contracts. We cant afford to push bad cap numbers into upcoming years.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sean has already had plenty of time for that.  The only WR guaranteed to be on the team at the moment is Shakir. 

You keep wanting to make Diggs being moved this year an actual thing. It's not. In any way, shape, or form. 

The earliest Diggs will be moved is next offseason. He doesn't want to be moved, we don't want to move him, his contract makes it a detriment for us to move him this year instead of next year - both from a cap and compensation perspective, and we already will have a massive turnover at the position. We're not going to create a hole at WR1 on top of WR2.

I know you're obsessed with multiple guys at the top of this years class. But even the best guys are not sure things to be good WR's in the NFL, especially right after the bat, let alone be the type of guy Diggs has been and can continue to be.

Diggs and Shakir are guarantees. Shorter is also WAY more likely to be here than be cut without being given an opportunity to develop as planned. And there's also probably a 50/50 chance that Beane opts to keep Harty on a reduced pay scale rather than cut him.

I know you're obsessed with 1st and 2nd Round WR talents. And we're going to get 1. I don't understand that not being enough for you and seemingly being only happy if we get can get not 1, but 2 of them. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You keep wanting to make Diggs being moved this year an actual thing. It's not. In any way, shape, or form. 

The earliest Diggs will be moved is next offseason. He doesn't want to be moved, we don't want to move him, his contract makes it a detriment for us to move him this year instead of next year - both from a cap and compensation perspective, and we already will have a massive turnover at the position. We're not going to create a hole at WR1 on top of WR2.

I know you're obsessed with multiple guys at the top of this years class. But even the best guys are not sure things to be good WR's in the NFL, especially right after the bat, let alone be the type of guy Diggs has been and can continue to be.

Diggs and Shakir are guarantees. Shorter is also WAY more likely to be here than be cut without being given an opportunity to develop as planned. And there's also probably a 50/50 chance that Beane opts to keep Harty on a reduced pay scale rather than cut him.

I know you're obsessed with 1st and 2nd Round WR talents. And we're going to get 1. I don't understand that not being enough for you and seemingly being only happy if we get can get not 1, but 2 of them. 

I like Diggs and would prefer to keep him, but:

1. if he doesn’t want to be here - cya!  “Where there’s smoke there’s fire”, other comments. & yes I know he also said things supporting him wanting to stay….he’s playing on both sides of the fence intentionally. He doesn’t potential suitors viewing him as wanting out

2. his production was wayyy down while we were winning games. If Joe Brady is going to insist on mainly using him for plays 1-3 yards downfield…he’s not being used to his strengths. Inside slants all day with him. He is elite there. His chemistry with Allen has taken a few steps backward and he dropped a game changing pass. He also started taking plays off when he wasn’t getting the ball

3. a fresh start at WR1 & WR2 with more dynamic players could be really good for Josh.  If Mahomes can win a SB by throwing to Booster Boy Kelce, Rookie Rice and MVS…. Allen can win with 2 young WR’s, Shakir and Kincaid

Edited by Warriorspikes51

On 2/16/2024 at 10:03 AM, BillsFan130 said:

Agreed about benford.

He isn’t a horrible tackler, just isn’t super physical at times. His missed tackle percentage is only slightly higher than Hyde, Poyer, and Johnson. I’d sacrifice some physicality on the back end to add some athleticism.

On 2/16/2024 at 10:03 AM, BillsFan130 said:

Agreed about benford.

I think horrible tackler is an exaggeration. I would say average tackler for a CB, and pretty much on par with Hyde.

Hyde wasn’t exactly a stalwart in the running game. He mostly just cleaned up guys by tackling them low if they got to the second level.

On 2/16/2024 at 7:13 AM, GunnerBill said:

Okay overall here is my Salary Cap plan for 2024. Starting with an assumption of $242m cap and the Bills being currently circa $51m over the cap.

Restructures:

Basic restructures (turning salary into amortised bonus):

Josh Allen - saving $18m

Dawson Knox - saving $2.8m

Connor McGovern - saving $2.4m

Matt Milano - saving $2.1m

Ed Oliver - saving $1.2m

Ryan Bates - saving $1.1m

Restructure with VOID years:

Jordan Poyer - saving $2m

Total Saving: $29.6m 

Estimated cap space: -$27m

Pay Cuts:

Tre White - saving $6m

Nyheim Hines - saving $2.5m

Total Saving: $8.5m

Estimated cap space: -$18.5m 

Extensions:

Dion Dawkins - saving $6.5m (on the basis of a 2 year extension worth $37m - $18.5m AAV - added to the $10.3m base salary + roster bonuses he was due for this year so a total of $47.3m to spread over 3 years allowing you to lower the cap hit in year 1 - comparator contract Jake Matthews)

Rasul Douglas - saving $5m (on the basis of a 2 year extension worth $22m - $11m AAV - added to the $9m base salary + roster bonuses he was due for this year so a total of $31m to spread over 3 years allowing you to lower the cap hit in year 1 - comparator contract Darious Williams)

Taron Johnson - saving $6m (on the basis of a 4 year extension worth $50m - $12.5m AAV - added to the $7.6m base salary + roster bonuses he was due for this year so a total of $57.6m to spread over 5 years allowing you to lower the cap hit in year 1 - comparator contract Cam Sutton)

Total Saving: $17.5m 

Estimated cap space: -$1.5m

Cuts:

Mitch Morse - saving of $8.5m

Von Miller - saving of $6.7m (not realised until June 1st)

Deonte Harty - saving of $4.2m

Siran Neal - saving of $3m

Total Saving: $22.4m

Estimated cap space: $20.9m (made up of $14.2m + an additional $6.7m from June 1)

And you would have 49 players under contract of whom about 38 are realistic players for the 53. They have 10 draft picks and need circa $10.6m to sign their draftees. 

Conclusion:

it's tight. And When you consider they probably need a vet or two at DL and Safety..... it gets very tight. The other "easy" button to press is the restructure on Stef's contract. That saves you another $13m.... but it means the cost of moving on from him after 2024 (which is very much the play I think) costs you $35m in dead cap rather than the $22m in dead cap it is currently slated to cost. The other big saving option is just cut Rasul straight up. That is a $9m saving, no dead money, but having spent a 3rd round pick on him and with the Tre health question that would be brave and I don't expect them to go there. In terms of the decisions I've made above that would be most controversial given opinions here:

Cutting Von - impact of keeping him is you have 50 players under contract but only $14.2m total in cap space.

Keeping and restructuring Jordan Poyer - impact of cutting him outright is you save an additional $3.4m but the only safety on your roster is Damar Hamlin. 

Keeping and cutting the pay of Tre - impact of cutting him is neutral on 2024 cap compared to the pay cut. Both save $6m. You could do him as a post June 1 cut and then it opens up $10m in 2024 space but you lose $6m on your pre-June cap space (so you wouldn't even have enough to sign all your draftees before 1 June). 

Now there will be some other things they can do with VOID years like I am suggesting with Jordan to just eek another million or so out here and there on some of the extensions and get that saving up closer to $25m rather than $17.5m but every time you do that you are kicking the future can that bit harder. Losing the ability to potentially press the Stef reset button makes everything else harder. It does make me lean towards try and get DaQuan Jones back on a one year deal but with a couple of void years to spread the hit out and then probably let every other FA you have walk. Maybe one or two come back on vet minimum $1.2m type deals later, but there is not a lot of scope. They are going to have to accept being younger and thinner on the backend of the roster in 2024 and just hope their luck turns in terms of injuries and their starters can stay relatively healthy. 

I don't think Elam will be on the roster in 2024. I think they'll try and trade him. 

A little worrisome that doing all that only gets us to +20M.

I was against cutting Morse but based on this I guess we have too. 

Confident in Bates stepping in?

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 2

On 2/16/2024 at 10:54 AM, GunnerBill said:

That's misleading. He won't have any *new* money guaranteed. But was paid is on the books so the only leverage the Bills have is that they have a greater sunk cost

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/16/2024 at 4:41 AM, 14774 said:

So, we've got 4 pages of absolutely nothing but opinions and speculation. Sounds OFFICIAL to me.

Well we are located in rumor and supposition central, so…, yeah its official.

• Haha (+1) 2

I always chuckle a bit when I see ppl freaking about the cap situation. Just as a reminder Beane has built this team, and was entirely aware how his moves would financially impact the future of the team. There is no doubt some difficult decisions are to be made. However, I’ll give BBB the benefit of the doubt that they’ve previously played through numerous scenarios years prior at which point these circumstances would come to fruition and how they’ll handle them. 

9 hours ago, Process said:

A little worrisome that doing all that only gets us to +20M.

I was against cutting Morse but based on this I guess we have too. 

Confident in Bates stepping in?

Doubt they’d do this, but would they ask Morse to take a pay cut? Maybe he wants one last shot at a ring so instead of making pennies from being released he’ll come back at a reduced deal benefiting both parties. Idk if that’d sit right with the folks at OBD and in the locker room but I imagine it might be worth exploring before riding ourselves of him completely.

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

On 2/17/2024 at 4:15 AM, SoonerBillsFan said:

I'm kind of shocked we haven't heard anything yet, with FA 3.5 weeks away. The Combine is on the 26th, and I think things heat up that week with moves, cuts, restructures...maybe trades.

It’s now a week past the SB …still nothing 

We need some real news … there is only so long one can be interested in discussing whether Thomas can last  to 28 , or whether JA and Milano are the only superstars on the team…

Cmon Beane - give us a cut , or a restructure… A trade would be yuge ( coming or going) ..

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It’s now a week past the SB …still nothing 

We need some real news … there is only so long one can be interested in discussing whether Thomas can last  to 28 , or whether JA and Milano are the only superstars on the team…

Cmon Beane - give us a cut , or a restructure… A trade would be yuge ( coming or going) ..

Dang straight!  

Hey...maybe he's asleep?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/16/2024 at 11:58 AM, noacls said:

Doesn't Tre have to pass a physical before he were to get cut? Would injury settlement be only way?

That’s the general rule, but Tre has a roster bonus due. If the Bills decline to pay him that roster bonus, then he immediately becomes a FA. Whether or not he can pass a physical does not matter. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/18/2024 at 8:04 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I always chuckle a bit when I see ppl freaking about the cap situation. Just as a reminder Beane has built this team, and was entirely aware how his moves would financially impact the future of the team. There is no doubt some difficult decisions are to be made. However, I’ll give BBB the benefit of the doubt that they’ve previously played through numerous scenarios years prior at which point these circumstances would come to fruition and how they’ll handle them. 

Doubt they’d do this, but would they ask Morse to take a pay cut? Maybe he wants one last shot at a ring so instead of making pennies from being released he’ll come back at a reduced deal benefiting both parties. Idk if that’d sit right with the folks at OBD and in the locker room but I imagine it might be worth exploring before riding ourselves of him completely.

All true but the Covid year threw every team for a loop when structuring contracts into the future.  I’ll always wonder what moves Beane would’ve made if the cap went up as expected that year as we still had Allen in his rookie contract window.  McCaffrey, Ertz, Beckham, Hopkins?  Would we have a Super Bowl ring?  Frustrating to think about.

• Agree 1

Beane shocked me last year.  I had no expectations that we could possibly sign anyone, then he just found a way.  I know a lot of that was pushing money out to the future, but it still felt like a bit of a magic trick.

Hoping for the same this year.  I hope he goes bold, and instead of just restructuring a bunch of guys, works some trades and makes a few cuts.  It would be cool to get younger, and start moving away from contracts that aren't in the best interest of the team.

Easier said than done.  My knowledge of how to manage an NFL cap wouldn't fill a thimble.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Von.  There’s no way McBeane can pay  him the $6m+ that becomes guaranteed on march 18th.  First ballot hall of famers I assume don’t want the stigma of being cap casualties.  Could see the $6m+ converted to not-likely-to-be-earned incentives considering he barely played any snaps last year which would save the Bills $6m against the cap and Von still gets the $6m if he plays more snaps than last year.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Will be interesting to see what happens with Von.  There’s no way McBeane can pay  him the $6m+ that becomes guaranteed on march 18th.  First ballot hall of famers I assume don’t want the stigma of being cap casualties.  Could see the $6m+ converted to not-likely-to-be-earned incentives considering he barely played any snaps last year which would save the Bills $6m against the cap and Von still gets the $6m if he plays more snaps than last year.  

would be amazing for this team if Von played like Bruce & Reggie did in their mid 30’s. Those were the years they had their best seasons.  Who knows how much he has left after the injury. Here’s to hoping he gets his confidence back & stays out of trouble off the field

Edited by Warriorspikes51

Never thought I’d say this, but if we can only afford to keep 1 of Floyd and Epenesa: I’m keeping AJ.  He was a difference maker and seemingly every QB hit came at a critical moment. He also batted a lot of passes. Perhaps he can be a 10-12 sack guy with an increased % share.  My guess at EDGE would be: 

Von 

Rousseau

AJ

Kingsley 

_________ Rookie

On 2/18/2024 at 4:04 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

The cap will keep going up from the new TV deals and league profit

That is what Beane thought, but it appears the cap didn't go up this offseason as much as expected.

6 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Thank God … or thank Beane?

God worked through Beane. That said, he could just be thankful for his family and life. OR Beane has unofficially reached an extension for him we will hear about it soon.  I hope its all of that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The waiting is killing me, Smalls... this will be the biggest pre-draft news by far if he extends in Buffalo.

Hopefully a 3 year extension pushing money out a few years. Anything longer and I don’t like paying 33 year old corners $10+ million. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.