Best Buffalo Bills tweets on X

TwistofFate

can we really call them tweets, it ain't twitter no more. I think its obligatory to call it X (formally known as twitter) then maybe we can squeeze a tweet in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

56 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

can we really call them tweets, it ain't twitter no more. I think its obligatory to call it X (formally known as twitter) then maybe we can squeeze a tweet in.

I don't what they're called, I've been X-iled. It's BlueSky for life now!

But seriously, everyone still calls it Twitter except for journalists who reference it as "X, formerly known as Twitter"

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

It's Twitter. It'll always be Twitter. And the things posted on it will always be Tweets.

Elon can try all he wants to re-name, re-brand, and generally ruin the platform, but it will always be Twitter.

It's a testament to how strong and how perfect the original branding and name recognition was, and how absolutely dog-sh*t of an idea it was by Elon to try to change it to begin with. He's trying so hard to force "X" down everyone's throats, and the world at large is like "nope, sorry. We're ignoring that. It's Twitter". Never seen anything quite like it.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, boyst said:

musk has been doubted many times before in his life and his decisions but he is ultimately the most successful person in the modern era. and i am all for what he has done to twitter. ruin it or not, it's about time someone took down the holier than thou folks who scream so loudly on social media.

That's rich

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, boyst said:

musk has been doubted many times before in his life and his decisions but he is ultimately the most successful person in the modern era. and i am all for what he has done to twitter. ruin it or not, it's about time someone took down the holier than thou folks who scream so loudly on social media.

I don't particularly want to get into a back-and-forth about Elon Musk here and derail this thread (though we can discuss it in DMs if you want), so I'll just say:

I couldn't disagree more with...pretty much everything you just said. Not a Musk fan. To each their own.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

X is the number 1 downloaded app in the world. 

It's gained 14% increase in users in the last 3 months. 

It's the ultimate beacon of unfiltered uncensored material in the world. 

I love it.  I never used Twitter, I now use X and I pay the subscription for it. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, boyst said:

Bezos built Amazon on the backs of other enterprises. Musk has 3 successful businesses while facing some of the most scorn in this world 

Id take musk over bezos any day. At least he makes his people go to work. 

Bezos started selling books online and  since has changed the way commerce works worldwide.  His company is part of regular life for pretty much every consumer. 

Musk makes cars that Americans don’t want to buy and if it went out of business tomorrow , consumers wouldn’t care.  Speaking of that, Tesla lost $95 billion value in 2 weeks.  He turned Twitter into a money loser, busy running it into the ground.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, boyst said:

Bezos built Amazon on the backs of other enterprises. Musk has bought 3 successful businesses while facing some of the most scorn in this world 

Fixed your comment. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, boyst said:

Bezos built Amazon on the backs of other enterprises. Musk has 3 successful businesses while facing some of the most scorn in this world 

Bezos changed modern commerce. 
His company forces other retailers to use it or forever be compared to it - their fulfillment and distribution alone would have been world changing - all companies are expected to offer unattainable fast shipping times. Thanks to Amazon. 

His company changed how we live and spend our money. 
167 million Americans have Amazon prime. 

Musk is a lunatic who has admittedly done some cool ***** but is now on a “free speech” kick which we all know really just means you can go to Twitter now and feel free to be a bigot or conspiracy theorist and not only not get banned, but get cheered on by other weirdos. What a legacy. 

And as far as “at least he makes his people go to work” couldn’t sound more Boomer of you. I’ve been working completely remote for the past 6 years. Oh how I miss the hour commute and the “culture” that requires adults to get permission to wear jeans on a Friday as some sort of award. 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'll say this. I deleted all things Facebook and Twitter 5 or 6 years ago now and not only do I not miss it I think my life is better.  The Missus needs to have it for work, but she just took it all off her personal devices as well.  For every decent thing on there there are 100 pieces of toxic garbage and if you look at toxic garbage enough, whether you agree with the garbage or disagree with the garbage it messes with your mental health.  I don't need to hear what every idiot with opposable thumbs thinks abut every topic.  I don't need to know the stupid crap my own family is getting into.  I don't need to see the carefully curated set of images people put out there to look better than you. I don't need to see the ridiculous, clearly attention seeking, posts that people put out there waiting for a response.  It's all crap and it's all crafted to keep you engaged with it longer and longer and longer consuming more and more of the garbage, giving your brain these little dopamine hits every time. 

Try completely turning them off for a week.  Just a week.  You'll thank me.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Funny how this thread had to turn into defending Musk.  The idea that a guy w deep military complex roots is defending freedom of speech or privacy is so amusing. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I see that this thread has devolved into arguing about Elon Musk.

I think a "Best Bills Tweets" thread is a great, fun idea that deserves to stick around, and should have many pages of amusing and interesting content for Bills fans throughout the offseason.

Respectfully: is there any way the Musk argument can be taken elsewhere, so that this thread doesn't end up getting derailed and closed?

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, boyst said:

agreed. i don't think it's worth taking musk anywhere. the conversation about him would go like a conversation with him - off track

@Mr. WEO you in with logic and i to just delete our posts so this can continue uninterrupted?

it can continue without Musk, agreed

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/8/2024 at 10:31 AM, JerseyBills said:

wow the pro bowl was actually watchable,  looked like a must watch actually 

Nah, it even sucked then, it was just a smaller pile of smelly poo

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

Lots of Bills hate in that thread....

Yeah. Lots of hate on Twitter in general. 

The actual content and news updates posted there are excellent. For sanity's sake, it usually behooves one to avoid the comments posted underneath...basically any Tweet by anyone about anything at any time. Toxic cesspools, unproductive cyclical arguments, and sophomoric and uncalled for personal insults.

Stick to the good stuff, ignore the troll pile.

Edited by Logic

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Yeah. Lots of hate on Twitter in general. 

The actual content and news updates posted there are excellent. For sanity's sake, it usually behooves one to avoid the comments posted underneath...basically any Tweet by anyone about anything at any time. Toxic cesspools, unproductive cyclical arguments, and sophomoric and uncalled for personal insults.

Stick to the good stuff, ignore the troll pile.

I generally agree, especially about politics or news stories.  But I'll be damned if I am going to let some delta bravo squealers fan badmouth our QB. 

2 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I generally agree, especially about politics or news stories.  But I'll be damned if I am going to let some delta bravo squealers fan badmouth our QB. 

I understand and respect your point of view, but...good luck having any kind of productive conversation on Twitter.

You can post the most well reasoned, evidence-supported, objectively true analysis/defense of a player ever written, and you'll just get a response back that says "HoW mAnY RinGz Tho lolllzz 🤣🤣"

The level of discourse on Twitter tends to be somewhere between "6th graders on the school bus" and "your dumbest cousin after drinking a whole six pack".

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

I understand and respect your point of view, but...good luck having any kind of productive conversation on Twitter.

You can post the most well reasoned, evidence-supported, objectively true analysis/defense of a player ever written, and you'll just get a response back that says "HoW mAnY RinGz Tho lolllzz 🤣🤣"

The level of discourse on Twitter tends to be somewhere between "6th graders on the school bus" and "your dumbest cousin after drinking a whole six pack".

Oh I am well aware that reading  that cesspool is probably lowering my IQ, but if I don't tell them that they are all inbreds and their breath smells like dog poop, who is gonna?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

It’s still better than the avg GDT during 1st quarter! 

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Funny how this thread had to turn into defending Musk.  The idea that a guy w deep military complex roots is defending freedom of speech or privacy is so amusing. 

You need a hug?

• Haha (+1) 1