Joe Brady Officially Promoted as Bills OC!

KDIGGZ

I don't know how this wasn't a given from jump. I would not allowed him to seek interviews unless obviously he wanted to seek them out himself. He's a G and needs to get a full season to see the Bills make it as the #1 seed next year. Can't wait. 

1 hour ago, noacls said:

Spagnulo took Brady's lunch money in 2nd half. Very underwhelming, meh!

Players need to make plays. The 50yd moon ball to Diggs who failed to make a play, would been a sure fire TD. Great play call. Players make the plays. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

I am fine with it.

he took over Dorsey's playbooks and made something good out of it. Like 6 wins good.
Give him the offseason to implement his tweaks and correct the faults.

Seems like he also rejuvenated the Offense , especially the O line and the run game.

Get him some actual playmakers at WR and let he and Josh go rip it up.

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Players need to make plays. The 50yd moon ball to Diggs who failed to make a play, would been a sure fire TD. Great play call. Players make the plays. 

They may have better played clock management ? But yea. Players gotta make the plays when game (PLAYOFF)  is on the line for sure.

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Chefs looked like they were in Bills huddle in 4th quarter.  That's coaching

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

WHO???

Tom’s brother…

• Haha (+1) 1

Three points:

1. Echo those who wish there was more thorough of a search.

2. If Brady came in as a lateral hire with the same résumé but from another team, then fans would be happy to hire a bright young offensive mind.

3. People saying Spags owned him in the second half are not that far off, but let’s not forget the 4 major drops and even then Brady’s play call had Shakir open in the end zone and Diggs open for a 1st down on arguably the most important play of the game, but the players did not execute.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, noacls said:

Chefs looked like they were in Bills huddle in 4th quarter.  That's coaching

That’s why in that game quarterback documentary when Mahomes was asked if he would rather face the bills or the Bengals he said we match up better with the bills. Reid knows in big moments he will always outsmart McD 

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Three points:

1. Echo those who wish there was more thorough of a search.

2. If Brady came in as a lateral hire with the same résumé but from another team, then fans would be happy to hire a bright young offensive mind.

3. People saying Spags owned him in the second half are not that far off, but let’s not forget the 4 major drops and even then Brady’s play call had Shakir open in the end zone and Diggs open for a 1st down on arguably the most important play of the game, but the players did not execute.

Steve Spagnola is top of class DC. Lets be fair. One of my favorites

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Except for their W/L records.  Do those stats consider the rankings of the defenses they both faced? 

No and the poster didn’t ask about the win / loss record. That’s pretty easy to find if he wanted it.

Edited by Mikie2times

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Steve Spagnola is top of class DC. Lets be fair. One of my favorites

He is, which is why my post you quoted says that people who are saying he owned Brady in the second half are not far off. Just being balanced in pointing out that Brady’s play call had options open for either a TD or 1st down on maybe the most important play of the game.

• Agree 1

I’m ok with it. As others have said, I wish they had a real search and interviewed Kellen Moore, Kingsbury etc. but here we are. If we didn’t hire Brady as the OC someone else would have, so I’m fine with it. 

I like Brady and hopefully he dusts off some of that LSU magic. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I’m ok with it. As others have said, I wish they had a real search and interviewed Kellen Moore, Kingsbury etc. but here we are. If we didn’t hire Brady as the OC someone else would have, so I’m fine with it. 

I like Brady and hopefully he dusts off some of that LSU magic. 

we can start by drafting LSU WR Brian Thomas Jr then

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Does Brady get credit for McD defense not blowing leads? That was really the biggest difference. The numbers under Brady are not any better and never approached the Dorsey good game levels. I hope Brady proves me wrong but his O was inspiring. Allen became Cam Newton, which he always was capable of being. But I thought the goal was bigger that that? Allen won’t last long if that is the plan with him. 

Diggs dropped off the planet

We ran the ball more

Had no vertical passing offense

No doubt talent needs to be improved but I feel like we just hired a more conservative Ken Dorsey

• Like (+1) 1

Common Buffalo move promote from within rather than take a chance on an outsider, same thing happened with Ken. 

I don’t hate the move but id like for us to be more aggressive on offense. He did help eliminate Allen’s turn overs which also was due to Davis being out. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Meh. The offense still couldnt figure itself under Brady at times.

unless he brings in brand new concepts im less than impressed. 

but go Brady, prove me wrong. 

My biggest issues are 1) no 2nd half adjustments and scoring slowed down in the 2nd half of games.  2) WR's in the same area too much.  Both are fixable, will he do it?  I hope so. 

42 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

That’s why in that game quarterback documentary when Mahomes was asked if he would rather face the bills or the Bengals he said we match up better with the bills. Reid knows in big moments he will always outsmart McD 

Wow! Did not know MaHomies sd that. Bulletin Board

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.