2024 WR Draft Class

10 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

I want to not like this guy because he’s not the kind of WR I want the bills to get but honestly the more I watch him the more I like him lol

10 hours ago, Magox said:

He’s so smooth

His lateral quickness is fully on display when I watch him. Will be very interested in combine numbers here. He's a little shorter than I would like for our eventual #1 WR but no denying the guy is rock solid YAC kind of player

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

His lateral quickness is fully on display when I watch him. Will be very interested in combine numbers here. He's a little shorter than I would like for our eventual #1 WR but no denying the guy is rock solid YAC kind of player

I really do like him, but I would like him more if he was our number two possession wide receiver that we take in the second round after we got our game changing WR that is a matchup nightmare in the first lol. It’s a pipe dream but hey I’m a Bills fan so I can fantasize 

If we came out of the draft with Troy Franklin 1st round, Ladd McConkey 2nd, BPA (hopefully S and DL) 3rd and 4th round and then nab Luke mcCaffrey in the 5th I’d be out of my mind ecstatic. Josh is the hands down favorite for MVP the next few years lol

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I really do like him, but I would like him more if he was our number two possession wide receiver that we take in the second round after we got our game changing WR that is a matchup nightmare in the first lol. It’s a pipe dream but hey I’m a Bills fan so I can fantasize 

If we came out of the draft with Troy Franklin 1st round, Ladd McConkey 2nd, BPA (hopefully S and DL) 3rd and 4th round and then nab Luke mcCaffrey in the 5th I’d be out of my mind ecstatic. Josh is the hands down favorite for MVP the next few years lol

That's over board we need 2Wrs tops in this draft. 

1 minute ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

13 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I love Franklin though he reminds of a bigger faster Justin Jefferson 

2 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Disagree this is a very deep WR class. 2 WRs at the very least, screw FA WRs. Shakir is the only guy guaranteed to be a contributor at WR after next year on our team right now. Shorter isn’t an NFL WR (hope I’m wrong) and in this draft (and honestly even last year he shouldn’t have been) and wouldn’t be drafted before the 7th. I love Diggs but who knows what his future will be. It’s time to get younger and throw a lot at one of the deepest positions in the class. No reason to just plug holes in a class that doesn’t have great depth or talent at DL or S. Those positions just patch those holes with FA options for now and readdress later if need be. With great talent or average talent the D will still be what it is under McD in the playoffs. We win a Super Bowl because of Josh and this is the time to get Josh all the help he needs (maybe a couple years too late) and the perfect class to do it in

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Disagree this is a very deep WR class. 2 WRs at the very least, screw FA WRs. Shakir is the only guy guaranteed to be a contributor at WR after next year on our team right now. Shorter isn’t an NFL WR (hope I’m wrong) and in this draft (and honestly even last year he shouldn’t have been) and wouldn’t be drafted before the 7th. I love Diggs but who knows what his future will be. It’s time to get younger and throw a lot at one of the deepest positions in the class. No reason to just plug holes in a class that doesn’t have great depth or talent at DL or S. Those positions just patch those holes with FA options for now and readdress later if need be. With great talent or average talent the D will still be what it is under McD in the playoffs. We win a Super Bowl because of Josh and this is the time to get Josh all the help he needs (maybe a couple years too late) and the perfect class to do it in

What $ are you planning to spend to patch hole in FA?

24 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

What $ are you planning to spend to patch hole in FA?

Not my problem Beane and his crew need to find the bargains. I just know I’m not gonna waste draft picks on guys who aren’t worth them just because it’s a need. I’d rather get a lot of wide receiver talent in a draft class that is overwhelmed at the position.

also, I do trust Beane when it comes to the cap. He will do his magic with Josh‘s contract and a couple others to get us where we need to be for the season.

Edited by NeverOutNick

21 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I’ve gone through a handful today as well. I would probably stack them up this way (where I’d be comfortable taking them in parentheses)

1. Brian Thomas (Mid 1st)
  2. Troy Franklin (1st)
  3. Keon Coleman (1st)
  4. Ladd McConkey (Early 2nd)
  5. Roman Wilson (Mid 2nd)
  6. Brenden Rice (2nd)
  7. Adonai Mitchell (Late 2/Early 3)
  8. Xavier Legette (3rd)
  9. Jamari Thrash (Day 3)
  10. Tez Walker (Day 3)
  11. Xavier Worthy (Late Day 3/UDFA)

You really think Worthy is a late Day 3/UDFA?   From the one I have seen, most have Worthy as anywhere from mid 1st round to 2nd round?

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I’ve gone through a handful today as well. I would probably stack them up this way (where I’d be comfortable taking them in parentheses)

2. Troy Franklin (1st)
  3. Keon Coleman (1st)
  6. Brenden Rice (2nd)
  8. Xavier Legette (3rd)
  9. Jamari Thrash (Day 3)
  10. Tez Walker (Day 3)

Some rankings have Adonai Mitchell as a late 1st/ early 2nd. 

What are you seeing that pushes him down to being a late 2nd/early 3rd?

Edited by Motorin'

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

You really think Worthy is a late Day 3/UDFA?   From the one I have seen, most have Worthy as anywhere from mid 1st round to 2nd round?

I know a lot of people fancy him. He’s firmly a guy I would rather let another team deal with considering where he’s going to be drafted. Bad hands, bad effort, too finesse. He has speed/quickness and can track the ball in the air so teams will take him and try to turn him into a big play guy. You’re really taking him because he’s young and has tools and hoping to develop him but given how lazy he looks on the field, he’s not a guy I want to bet on developing. 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Some rankings have Adonai Mitchell as a late 1st/ early 2nd. 

What are you seeing that pushes him down to being a late 2nd/early 3rd?

I think I’m right around the consensus on him as far as draft grades go but everyone seems to expect teams to reach on him. Derrik Klassen for example is one of the guys I really like for scouting and he landed on a 3rd round grade for him. I believe Dane Brugler is around mid to late 2nd for Mitchell too, so I don’t really think I’m seeing things that others aren’t. He’s a pretty good prospect but not as far along developmentally as I would like given the fact that we’re trying to win now. One of my main hang ups with him is he’s already a pretty good technical route runner but still struggles to create separation due to his average or below average burst. Some other prospects may not create great separation now, but you can convince yourself if they learn to sell their routes/sink their hips in their routes better, it’ll come. Mitchell already does that stuff and still doesn’t really separate, so it may be more difficult for him to improve in that regard. The other one, and this is where I think there’s more potential for him, is he doesn’t consistently use his height and length to win contested balls. He’s pretty weak physically and can be outmuscled right now/has a hard time fighting through the contact to high point the ball. The lack of strength shows up as a run blocker too where he’s simply bad right now.

I think he’s fairly similar to Keon Coleman but Coleman is more ready to contribute on Day 1 despite being like 8 months younger and also offers more all around upside IMO. Mitchell’s still a pretty good prospect in his own right though; I just think there’s better players we can bet on. 

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think I’m right around the consensus on him as far as draft grades go but everyone seems to expect teams to reach on him. Derrik Klassen for example is one of the guys I really like for scouting and he landed on a 3rd round grade for him. I believe Dane Brugler is around mid to late 2nd for Mitchell too, so I don’t really think I’m seeing things that others aren’t. He’s a pretty good prospect but not as far along developmentally as I would like given the fact that we’re trying to win now. One of my main hang ups with him is he’s already a pretty good technical route runner but still struggles to create separation due to his average or below average burst. Some other prospects may not create great separation now, but you can convince yourself if they learn to sell their routes/sink their hips in their routes better, it’ll come. Mitchell already does that stuff and still doesn’t really separate, so it may be more difficult for him to improve in that regard. The other one, and this is where I think there’s more potential for him, is he doesn’t consistently use his height and length to win contested balls. He’s pretty weak physically and can be outmuscled right now/has a hard time fighting through the contact to high point the ball. The lack of strength shows up as a run blocker too where he’s simply bad right now.

I think he’s fairly similar to Keon Coleman but Coleman is more ready to contribute on Day 1 despite being like 8 months younger and also offers more all around upside IMO. Mitchell’s still a pretty good prospect in his own right though; I just think there’s better players we can bet on. 

I'm mid 2nd on Mitchell too grade wise. I think he could go earlier than that but that is where I am in terms of grade.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Combines are going to be absolutely huge for him.  If he somehow manages to run in the 4.4's he will be a first rounder.

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I know a lot of people fancy him. He’s firmly a guy I would rather let another team deal with considering where he’s going to be drafted. Bad hands, bad effort, too finesse. He has speed/quickness and can track the ball in the air so teams will take him and try to turn him into a big play guy. You’re really taking him because he’s young and has tools and hoping to develop him but given how lazy he looks on the field, he’s not a guy I want to bet on developing. 

Not to mention his size/weight. Can he stand up to the NFL punishment? 

Like Ladd, Mitchell is being underrated by people here and in the media.  They guy is fantastic.  The Adonai teamed with Bowers and McConkey to help UGA win two National Championships catching key passes to help win both games.  In fact, he has played in 5 CFP games and caught a TD pass in each one.  He is big, quick, has fantastic hands, and knows how to get open.  I will be thrilled if the Bills took him at 28.  He is a twice as good version of Gabe Davis.  Mitchell transferred to Texas  to be closer to his daughter.  

By the way here are the UGA's players who caught a pass in the 2022 CFP Championship game.  Bowers (2024 draft 1st rd grade), George Pickens (Steelers), Adonai Mitchell (2024 draft 1/2 rd grade), James Cook (Bills), Darnell Washington (Steelers), James Burton (2024 draft 2nd rd grade), Kearis Jackson (Titans), Kenny McIntosh (Seahawks) and Ladd McConkey (2024 draft 1/2 rd grade).  No player caught more than 4 passes in that game.  Not a bad collection of talent.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Like Ladd, Mitchell is being underrated by people here and in the media.  They guy is fantastic.  The Adonai teamed with Bowers and McConkey to help UGA win two National Championships catching key passes to help win both games.  In fact, he has played in 5 CFP games and caught a TD pass in each one.  He is big, quick, has fantastic hands, and knows how to get open.  I will be thrilled if the Bills took him at 28.  He is a twice as good version of Gabe Davis.  Mitchell transferred to Texas  to be closer to his daughter.  

By the way here are the UGA's players who caught a pass in the 2022 CFP Championship game.  Bowers (2024 draft 1st rd grade), George Pickens (Steelers), Adonai Mitchell (2024 draft 1/2 rd grade), James Cook (Bills), Darnell Washington (Steelers), James Burton (2024 draft 2nd rd grade), Kearis Jackson (Titans), Kenny McIntosh (Seahawks) and Ladd McConkey (2024 draft 1/2 rd grade).  No player caught more than 4 passes in that game.  Not a bad collection of talent.  

I really like Mitchell as well but you can see that he takes plays off and I think that’s what scares people. He’s got crazy upside though kind of like George Pickens so as long as he shows NFL teams, he’s gonna try hard every play I think he’s capable of being a stud in this league.

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

worthy is the opposite of Mitchell to where he is all effort with crazy speed, but he’s just a little dude that can’t take a hit so although I think he’s great with ball in his hands and can take the top off of the defense, I don’t think he’s a number one wide receiver

I’m getting closer to having my WR rankings but like I’ve said before this is an unbelievably deep and awesome WR draft so we better take a couple. 

a few side notes:

- I don’t give a rip how bad Tez Walker was at the senior bowl. The dude is a beast and once he’s refined a bit, he’s a true #1 WR. I’d love if he fell to the 2nd round and we snagged him. 

- we’re not getting the top 3 guys (Harrison, Nabers and Odunze) they’ll be taken top 10 and Beane won’t trade that much capital away even if all 3 are worth it

- Franklin is my favorite guy for where we pick in the first round, he’s got the speed, separation early and hands that we want and he can win in the contested catch the department because he’s great at high pointing and timing his catches. But I just wish he was built more like Thomas and Nabers instead of a taller Diggs. I keep telling myself production matters more than how they actually look

- I think Coleman and Leggette are fine big WR 2s but I don’t like them for the bills (at least not with an early pick). Neither is great at separating and that to me shows they’re not great route runners. They fit the Higgins role and not what I’d want in my first rd WR

11 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I really like Mitchell as well but you can see that he takes plays off and I think that’s what scares people. He’s got crazy upside though kind of like George Pickens so as long as he shows NFL teams, he’s gonna try hard every play I think he’s capable of being a stud in this league.

worthy is the opposite of Mitchell to where he is all effort with crazy speed, but he’s just a little dude that can’t take a hit so although I think he’s great with ball in his hands and can take the top off of the defense, I don’t think he’s a number one wide receiver

I’m getting closer to having my WR rankings but like I’ve said before this is an unbelievably deep and awesome WR draft so we better take a couple. 

a few side notes:

- I don’t give a rip how bad Tez Walker was at the senior bowl. The dude is a beast and once he’s refined a bit, he’s a true #1 WR. I’d love if he fell to the 2nd round and we snagged him. 

- we’re not getting the top 3 guys (Harrison, Nabers and Odunze) they’ll be taken top 10 and Beane won’t trade that much capital away even if all 3 are worth it

- Franklin is my favorite guy for where we pick in the first round, he’s got the speed, separation early and hands that we want and he can win in the contested catch the department because he’s great at high pointing and timing his catches. But I just wish he was built more like Thomas and Nabers instead of a taller Diggs. I keep telling myself production matters more than how they actually look

- I think Coleman and Leggette are fine big WR 2s but I don’t like them for the bills (at least not with an early pick). Neither is great at separating and that to me shows they’re not great route runners. They fit the Higgins role and not what I’d want in my first rd WR

Feel the same about Worthy. I’d be fine with him if he’s not the Alpha we need, but I’d take him in the 2nd or 3rd rd if he fell and expect him to be the future #2

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

that is very interesting and impressive. Thanks!

On 2/6/2024 at 1:52 PM, DCOrange said:

2. Troy Franklin (1st)
  3. Keon Coleman (1st)
  6. Brenden Rice (2nd)
  8. Xavier Legette (3rd)
  9. Jamari Thrash (Day 3)
  10. Tez Walker (Day 3)

Some others I finished up since this post (can you tell work has been extremely slow?):

• Ricky Pearsall (Early or Mid 2), below McConkey and could be convinced to bump him below Polk/Wilson due to his age but I think his film is better than those two
  • Ja’Lynn Polk (Mid 2nd), probably above Roman Wilson
  • Malachi Corley (Late 3rd or Early Day 3), would slot him after Legette. Don’t think he’s really what we need as he played almost exclusively in the slot and is raw as a route runner. Impressive athlete and solid hands though; a lot of areas for potential improvement
  • Jalen McMillan (UDFA), he’d be last on my list so far. Just don’t think he really has anything to offer.
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Some others I finished up since this post (can you tell work has been extremely slow?):

• Ricky Pearsall (Early or Mid 2), below McConkey and could be convinced to bump him below Polk/Wilson due to his age but I think his film is better than those two
  • Ja’Lynn Polk (Mid 2nd), probably above Roman Wilson
  • Malachi Corley (Late 3rd or Early Day 3), would slot him after Legette. Don’t think he’s really what we need as he played almost exclusively in the slot and is raw as a route runner. Impressive athlete and solid hands though; a lot of areas for potential improvement
  • Jalen McMillan (UDFA), he’d be last on my list so far. Just don’t think he really has anything to offer.

Curious where you stand on Johnny Wilson, Jermaine Burton, and Tahj Washington. All 3 are completely different I feel like. But all have a spot for this team imo. I get that Washington is similar to Corley and slides more into the slot role. At the same time I see the team ridding themselves of Harty and needing not only a backup for Shakir but for the gadget role. I think a late rounder on Washington makes sense. it’s also why I like RB Jawhar Jordan. They have talked about needing more speed and explosiveness, both of these guys have that and both seem to be available in the mid to late rounds of the draft. 

17 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I realize it's fun to pick through and choose "our guys," but in this draft, I don't know if Beane can really go wrong as long as he drafts a WR in the 1st and 2nd round and another later.

We have Josh ***** Allen... he's going to make whatever WR we draft a stud.

How you going to roll your eyes at my comment and then basically say the same thing 😂 

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The Draft Network thinks Troy Franklin is a PERFECT fit for the Bills. Thinks he's a perfect compliment to Diggs

I can’t see him getting by Dallas 

I think I have Stockholm syndrome. 

The more I read about the WRs that likely will be available at 28, the more I am thinking they should take the best defensive lineman available. 

2nd round WR in 2024

1sr round WR in 2025

Tell me I’m sick. This is what happens after years of abuse. 

24 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

The more I read about the WRs that likely will be available at 28, the more I am thinking they should take the best defensive lineman available. 

2nd round WR in 2024

1sr round WR in 2025

what DL are going  to be available at 28? 

A number of the few Round 1 grades are going before that pick too…

Edited by Aussie Joe

9 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

No clue. 

I just am trying to be cautious of falling into overdrafting a player for need, a la Elam. 

Maybe it’s a DE, or a Safety at 28….not sure. I just question if OBD is as locked in on WR at 28 as the fan base seems to be 

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

No clue. 

I just am trying to be cautious of falling into overdrafting a player for need, a la Elam. 

Maybe it’s a DE, or a Safety at 28….not sure. I just question if OBD is as locked in on WR at 28 as the fan base seems to be 

good point about Elam… No doubt Beane thought they had to have a CB with that pick…

Maybe be learnt something from that as demonstrated with the Kincaid pick … a player that did fall …Beane picked him when they had other needs …

No one can really answer what they should do at 28 this year ..because we don’t know what players will be available … even trading down should be on the table …

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

good point about Elam… No doubt Beane thought they had to have a CB with that pick…

Maybe be learnt something from that as demonstrated with the Kincaid pick … a player that did fall …Beane picked him when they had other needs …

No one can really answer what they should do at 28 this year ..because we don’t know what players will be available … even trading down should be on the table …

He did need a CB, but it's not like he just settled on Elam and over drafted him based solely on need. He was the guy that he liked. There were other CB's like Roger McCreary, Kyler Gordon, and Andrew Booth on the board. He traded up for Elam because that's who he wanted. It just didn't work out. 

You're always drafting for need. Specifically in Round 1. Every team goes into a Draft looking to fill holes. You just hope that value matches up with your need.

When it comes to Kincaid, it's also not like he went into it hoping for WR and pivoted to another position completely when value didn't meet need. Kincaid is basically a TE in name only. He's a big slot WR. We needed a weapon and he was the best receiving prospect left on the board. He just so happens to technically be a Tight End.

The scary thing about this Draft if you're hoping for a Round 1 WR is that we have so many needs this year. We need starters at WR, DE, DT, and Safety (maybe two if we move on from Poyer).

On one hand, that's good when it comes to value in our pick. With so many needs, odds are pretty good someone at a position of need will have fallen. On the other, if you're hoping for WR and the value isn't there and someone's sticking out like a sore thumb at another position of need - we may go that way instead of trying to trade down to meet value and need at WR.

If that situation happens, hopefully we can trade up in Round 2 to get the WR we need.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

How you going to roll your eyes at my comment and then basically say the same thing 😂 

Right. I had a mock draft in another thread that someone vomitted over. I thought it Was a pretty good draft honestly. Ended up with Franklin, Van Pran, another 2 WRs later in the draft. Some help at S and DT. 

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

2nd round WR in 2024

1sr round WR in 2025

You’re not sick. With McDermott and his love and need for defensive players to contend, it’s likely imo. 

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Sweat? 

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He did need a CB, but it's not like he just settled on Elam and over drafted him based solely on need. He was the guy that he liked. There were other CB's like Roger McCreary, Kyler Gordon, and Andrew Booth on the board. He traded up for Elam because that's who he wanted. It just didn't work out. 

You're always drafting for need. Specifically in Round 1. Every team goes into a Draft looking to fill holes. You just hope that value matches up with your need.

When it comes to Kincaid, it's also not like he went into it hoping for WR and pivoted to another position completely when value didn't meet need. Kincaid is basically a TE in name only. He's a big slot WR. We needed a weapon and he was the best receiving prospect left on the board. He just so happens to technically be a Tight End.

The scary thing about this Draft if you're hoping for a Round 1 WR is that we have so many needs this year. We need starters at WR, DE, DT, and Safety (maybe two if we move on from Poyer).

On one hand, that's good when it comes to value in our pick. With so many needs, odds are pretty good someone at a position of need will have fallen. On the other, if you're hoping for WR and the value isn't there and someone's sticking out like a sore thumb at another position of need - we may go that way instead of trying to trade down to meet value and need at WR.

If that situation happens, hopefully we can trade up in Round 2 to get the WR we need.

Agree with the bolded. 

I do think the Elam pick was a bit of a panic selection. That draft saw two top picks at CB (Stingley/Gardner) and the Chiefs jumped us for McDuffie. They certainly could have went elsewhere with that pick, but we were constantly mocked and projected a CB. 

Kincaid was similar IMO in that a string of pass catchers went 4 WRs right in a row almost exactly before our pick. You can argue he was the next best, or is the best TE, or not even a tight end or whatever you want. Fact of the matter is he plays (or at least has) limited snaps in terms of what you’d hope to see from an investment of that caliber. 

The player they’re replacing in Davis was a 90+ % snaps guy. Is the new WR going to take a bulk of those? Will they be absorbed elsewhere? I hate to see a reach on a WR because we feel a void from Davis, especially if there are other options available who can contribute at a higher level, more regularly, even if on the defensive side of the ball. 

Do we want the 6th best WR in round one playing 90% of offensive snaps? Or do you take a lesser talent in RD 2 who earns 60% of snaps and that other 30% is going to existing guys like Shakir and Kincaid? If it’s the latter, taking a guy in RD1 who can play 100% of defensive snaps (safety) or become a key piece in your regular DL rotation might be the way they go. 

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Agree with the bolded. 

I do think the Elam pick was a bit of a panic selection. That draft saw two top picks at CB (Stingley/Gardner) and the Chiefs jumped us for McDuffie. They certainly could have went elsewhere with that pick, but we were constantly mocked and projected a CB. 

Kincaid was similar IMO in that a string of pass catchers went 4 WRs right in a row almost exactly before our pick. You can argue he was the next best, or is the best TE, or not even a tight end or whatever you want. Fact of the matter is he plays (or at least has) limited snaps in terms of what you’d hope to see from an investment of that caliber. 

The player they’re replacing in Davis was a 90+ % snaps guy. Is the new WR going to take a bulk of those? Will they be absorbed elsewhere? I hate to see a reach on a WR because we feel a void from Davis, especially if there are other options available who can contribute at a higher level, more regularly, even if on the defensive side of the ball. 

Do we want the 6th best WR in round one playing 90% of offensive snaps? Or do you take a lesser talent in RD 2 who earns 60% of snaps and that other 30% is going to existing guys like Shakir and Kincaid? If it’s the latter, taking a guy in RD1 who can play 100% of defensive snaps (safety) or become a key piece in your regular DL rotation might be the way they go. 

This makes a ton of sense unless you have a WR there that may be the 6th one taken but has all the potential of becoming a true #1 in the future. Just because they might not be ready this season to take the reins as a full time #2, doesn’t mean they couldn’t become a true 1 within the next 2-3 years. IMO that’s what they need to do in this draft, find a guy that can take over as the #1 eventually, pushing Diggs or even a later round WR to #2 in the future. I think guys like Thomas and Franklin are close enough to being ready right away. Guys like Mitchell, Walker, Rice could be that with time. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yes … he will likely be there at 28…that’s a little high for me at the moment …although I do like him as a prospect 

So what I would say is this, the position is definitely a need. So is WR. If Thomas, Franklin are gone by 28 then trade back some spots with someone, pick up an extra 3rd rounder or maybe more. Then take Sweat around the 40s. Leaving your 2nd round pick and the extra 3rd round pick for the best available WRs at that point. Might have a shot at 2 guys like McConkey, Mitchell, Legette, Worthy, Polk, Walker

• Like (+1) 2