2024 WR Draft Class

7 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Not sure about Higgins but I do expect them to take whichever is left over between Maye and Daniels at #3. I personally have Daniels as a 4th round prospect and have JJ as my #3 QB with a 2nd round grade, so that's really why I'd go Harrison in their shoes (on top of the fact that Harrison is an elite WR prospect).

Though a very tough call right now I have DM as the #1 prospect at QB though I think he's going 2nd or 3rd in the first. JMO but I cannot imagine JD as a 4th round prospect. I think he's also going 2nd or 3rd overall. 

6 minutes ago, JMM said:

Question.  We are going to have an extra 3rd, the comp for Edmunds. If we want our guy, would that pick and 28 get us into the top 15?

Not even close. To move from 27 to 10 the year the Chiefs moved up for Kermit, it cost their next year's first, and they really should have paid more.

Just looked at a draft pick trade value chart. The comp pick will come after the last regular third round pick. It might allow you to move up 4 spots.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Not even close. To move from 27 to 10 the year the Chiefs moved up for Kermit, it cost their next year's first, and they really should have paid more.

My nightmare is KC leapfrogging us to nab a WR that we covet and would have taken at 28.

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

My nightmare is KC leapfrogging us to nab a WR that we covet and would have taken at 28.

That's almost as predictable as what happens after a McDermott defensive time out.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, JMM said:

Question.  We are going to have an extra 3rd, the comp for Edmunds. If we want our guy, would that pick and 28 get us into the top 15?

No…they have traded their fourth round pick the last two years …and it had moved them up two spots … so a pick that is literally the second last in the third is probably getting you four spots max..

Edited by Aussie Joe

I hope this is the year they trade back and stockpile picks. Purge the older guys on the roster and inject a youth movement on the team.

Draft a WR with first pick and double down in the 3rd or 4th. Add a 3rd wr late or UDFA. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea to trade up for the top 3 I think you'd have to have to have one left on the board at #8. Cos the Falcons are the first team I can genuinely imagine wanting to move back.

So dirty birds would take this years and next years first, and our extra 3rd.  I hope so.

I think the people expecting Beane to move up to get his guy are going to be surprised when we stay where we are. 

In previous years, Beane was always looking to flip back end roster talent for late round picks, and used them to maneuver around especially in the middle rounds. 

With the state of the cap and roster, I do not think we have this luxury anymore. With vet turnover likely happening, we will be trying to get younger and cheaper at certain spots that have traditionally been vets for the last few years. I think we’ll see more of these later picks have a shot at the roster, and we might need them more than we are used to. 

40 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

He’s the one I wish we would make a move for 

I think @GunnerBill is likely correct that Atlanta at #8 is the earliest you might conceivably have a seller in the top ten. The price would be very high. I would be tempted to pay it for Nabers, but I think it's unlikely he'll fall that far.