2024 WR Draft Class

5 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Tyler Boyd and a first round wide receiver 

Boyd is a Slot WR, and is projected to get an $8.7M/yr contract. We don't need a slot & probably can't pay that much anyway. I'd argue that Shakir is already as good as Boyd, and on his way up.

Edited by 947
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'd think it's much more likely we move up into the mid-late teens for Brian Thomas Jr who seems like he should be just as much of a monster 

I’ll believe Beane giving up the draft assets to do this when I see it … I think the most he will give up is the third rounder which will get them up to 23-24

Edited by Aussie Joe

I watched the First Draft video and came away thinking Brian Thomas would be a perfect fit in this offense and is the realistic guy we should target.

I read through the page 1 comments and everyone's talking about other WRs, but I want to know where Thomas projects in round 1.

On 2/2/2024 at 11:44 AM, Aussie Joe said:

I’ll believe Beane giving up the draft assets to do this when I see it … I think the most he will give up is the third rounder which will get them up to 23-24

Beane gives up draft assets every single year and with 10 draft picks he's going to have more assets to play with than ever.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I watched the First Draft video and came away thinking Brian Thomas would be a perfect fit in this offense and is the realistic guy we should target.

I read through the page 1 comments and everyone's talking about other WRs, but I want to know where Thomas projects in round 1.

Right now it’s before we pick

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Beane gives up draft assets every single year and with 10 draft picks he's going to have more assets to play with than ever.

Huh? Maybe read my comment again… Im saying the third round pick is in play..but it won’t be enough to move up into the mid late teens …. 

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm saying Beane has 8 other picks to play with along with that 1st and 3rd round pick.

Well … even the third round pick is more than he has given up for years … throw in the fourth and it still won’t get you there ….If you think he is giving up the second or next years picks… like I said ,,, I’ll believe it when I see it 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Well … even the third round pick is more than he has given up for years … throw in the fourth and it still won’t get you there ….If you think he is giving up the second or next years picks… like I said ,,, I’ll believe it when I see it 

Yeah, we have a lot of picks this year. But we also have a lot of holes and not a lot of cash, once he digs us out of the hole we're in. He already gave up his extra 3rd for Rasul Douglas. So he's not going to give up anything more on Day 2. Day 3 picks aren't going to move us up more than a couple picks here or there.

If someone falls to like 25 or something, we'll do a small move up like we did for Kaiir Elam and Dalton Kincaid. But moving up 10 picks, i'd doubt it.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

It certainly would be that kind of price to move that far up. I doubt he trades the second. I think next year's picks might come into play. He might do it should Nabers or Odunze unexpectedly fall within range. I could see a smaller move up to go grab Brian Thomas. I rather expect the Chiefs to try and get ahead of us for the WR we covet.

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, we have a lot of picks this year. But we also have a lot of holes and not a lot of cash, once he digs us out of the hole we're in. He already gave up his extra 3rd for Rasul Douglas. So he's not going to give up anything more on Day 2. Day 3 picks aren't going to move us up more than a couple picks here or there.

If someone falls to like 25 or something, we'll do a small move up like we did for Kaiir Elam and Dalton Kincaid. But moving up 10 picks, i'd doubt it.

The problem seems to be that people seem to think “lots of picks” means that they are valuable to move up in the first 

4 of the 10 picks are in the sixth round or later … we have seen in the last two years first hand that  a fourth round pick moves you up two spots in late 20s   … getting up from 28 to like 17 is a price I don’t think they are paying this year …. 

With the depth in this years class … I don’t have a problem if they stay put . they should have a choice of multiple good candidates ..

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The problem seems to be that people seem to think “lots of picks” means that they are valuable to move up in the first 

4 of the 10 picks are in the sixth round or later … we have seen in the last two years first hand that  a fourth round pick moves you up two spots  … getting up from 28 to like 17 is a price I don’t think they are paying this year …. 

With the depth in this years class … I don’t have a problem if they stay put l.. they should have a choice of multiple good candidates ..l

Yeah, I think some are still operating under the assumption that the Edmunds compensatory that's coming is an extra 3rd. It's not. It just replaces the 3rd we already traded away.

Moving up 10 picks with some extra picks on Day 3 isn't possible. Every year, fans talk about trading next year's picks. He hasn't done that and with our books the way they are, he can't really afford to.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

It certainly would be that kind of price to move that far up. I doubt he trades the second. I think next year's picks might come into play. He might do it should Nabers or Odunze unexpectedly fall within range. I could see a smaller move up to go grab Brian Thomas. I rather expect the Chiefs to try and get ahead of us for the WR we covet.

Nabers or Oduze is a pipe dream. They're universally mocked in the Top 5-10 picks. Them falling would be one on the board at 12-15. The cost to move up even that high would be too great. He's not giving up two 1st's and teams knowing where we pick on a yearly basis, that wouldn't even be enough.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, I think some are still operating under the assumption that the Edmunds compensatory that's coming is an extra 3rd. It's not. It just replaces the 3rd we already traded away.

Moving up 10 picks with some extra picks on Day 3 won't get us very far. Every year, fans talk about trading next year's picks. He hasn't done that and with our books the way they are, he can't really afford to.

I said couple of days ago … are you going to give up the farm to get the perceived  fourth best WR over the 6th best ?

We saw what happened the last time Beane made an “all in “ move … ( Hi Von) … 

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Nabers or Oduze is a pipe dream. They're universally mocked in the Top 5-10 picks. Them falling would be one on the board at 12-15. The cost to move up even that high would be too great. He's not giving up two 1st's and teams knowing where we pick on a yearly basis, that wouldn't even be enough.

I don't see it happening. I just said it would take something like that to tempt him. Personally, I'd stay at #28 and hope Legette is there.

37 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm saying Beane has 8 other picks to play with along with that 1st and 3rd round pick.

6 of those picks are late 5th round or later - those aren’t worth much in trade up in early rounds.

11 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I said couple of days ago … are you going to give up the farm to get the perceived  fourth best WR over the 6th best ?

We saw what happened the last time Beane made an “all in “ move … ( Hi Von) … 

Von Miller was fine until he tore up his knee.  Now, I wasn’t super-keen on paying big for an older player, but that plan was working until the injury.

• Agree 2

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I don't see it happening. I just said it would take something like that to tempt him. Personally, I'd stay at #28 and hope Legette is there.

Yeah, Beane's MO is to move up a a few picks if there's someone there he likes and is afraid one of the teams ahead of him are going to select him. He got antsy with both Kaiir Elam and Dalton Kincaid. If he really likes one of the WR's that have fallen to that 24-27 range, he'll make a call to secure them. But he's not moving up any substantial jump. Fans need not even bother thinking about Harrison, Nabers, or Oduze. 

Any substantial move up's will occur in Rounds 2-7, more likely 3-7. The cost is just too great in Round 1 and we don't have the ammunition.

• Like (+1) 2