Falcons hire Rams DC Raheem Morris as head coach

Draconator

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk who had the worse hire. falcons, titans, or panthers. 

Chargers did well and the pierce hire made sense for the raiders.

otherwise, must have not been much to choose from for these franchises? Idk, over half of these hires seem sus 

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Like I said in the Belichick thread …. He is making the shopping for the groceries non negotiable… and the teams aren’t wearing it 

And why would they?  He's been a terrible GM.

Genuinely the fit I like best of all the hires so far is Mayo succeeding Belichick. And I did NOT expect to be saying that. 

I don't like any of the other fits of Head Coach and Franchise.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Wow...dude has already proven to be a much better DC than head coach once but now gets another shot at it?

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Genuinely the fit I like best of all the hires so far is Ryans succeeding Belichick. And I did NOT expect to be saying that. 

I don't like any of the other fits of Head Coach and Franchise.

You mean Mayo? Ryans is the Texans Head Coach.

Edited by Big Turk

Not every team wants to blow up its organizational model like the Chargers. I'm sure Morris' familiarity and track record with the front office people was a factor. Also knows the rest of the NFC intimately

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

Great hire.  I love teams are going with good people.  No one wants to work with BB.

Morris is a great dude. His success is going to come down to who the QB is and who the OC is. I’m guessing he brings Zac Robinson or something. 

I also think they trade for Justin Fields

3 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Not every team wants to blow up its organizational model like the Chargers. I'm sure Morris' familiarity and track record with the front office people was a factor. Also knows the rest of the NFC intimately

They should have hired him instead of Smith tbh. That was his time. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

They should have hired him instead of Smith tbh. That was his time. 

Arthur Smith's Dad is an exec at Fedex and minority shareholder of the Redskins. Nepo baby hire all the way

• Eyeroll 1

No one wants Belichick anymore. I have Ben Johnson getting the Washington job. Then there's Seattle...and Quinn is possible there. POSSIBLY Vrabel. But I'm thinking Vrabel and Belichick are jobless. 

Hope Belichick goes on one of the Sunday AM pre shows. Would be hysterical.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Morris is a great dude. His success is going to come down to who the QB is and who the OC is. I’m guessing he brings Zac Robinson or something. 

I also think they trade for Justin Fields

Raheem Morris and Justin Fields..... just re-doing all the decisions they have screwed up the past few years. Shoulda hired Raheem after he was interim instead of Smith. Should have drafted Fields instead of Pitts.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like Morris, but I am definitely surprised.  

I am not shocked that it wasn’t BB.  To me this is what Lombardi is talking about in that article. 

I like him also. Think he will do a great job. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

He might not want to coach anymore...

Ryan Tannehill has that effect on people

Have the Commanders gone public with any interviews yet? I can't see them bringing in a first time HC with just coordinator experience. They need to do something splashy like Carroll or BB. 

It seems like Dan Quinn will end up in Seattle and Ben Johnson in Washington.

I'm surprised Vrabel didn't get a job, seems like the Panthers were the only team that gave him due consideration and he may have not wanted to be part of that awful situation.

Next year I expect Vrabel and Mike MacDonald will be the hottest names on the head coaching market. Perhaps Bobby Slowik too if he follows up on a great first year.

Edited by HappyDays

39 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

and the mediocrity continues in ATL

I live in ATL. The Falcons live deep in the shadow cast by UGA…..and just about any other college team. 

I hope they find some success to make the few locals who care happy. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Florio (yes I know)suggested Bill is waiting for Andy Reid to retire after this year so he can coach Mahomes 

That would be perfect and so Billsy.  We have another disappointing season next year, McDermott gets the boot, we need a HC, but BB goes to KC instead.

Missing the opportunity to couple the greatest HC of all time with Josh doesn't come up every day.

I'm starting to really get pissed regarding my 2 teams (Bills and Sabres) being owned and run by a moron.

My wish with the Sabres for about 5 years now is to simply ask Pegula to sell the team and move on.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.