Hire Belicheck

rm -rf /*

Sacrilege I know, but I can't help but thinking that he knows how to win with a good QB. Would'nt have been going for a fake punt with that ridiculous field position, for instance.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

I’d be ok with Bill as HC. 

I would LOVE TO SEE THIS HAPPEN.

It won't though, for a number of reasons.  Pegula is too stupid to move on from McDermott, and I don't think BB will come here.

He might end up in LA (chargers) for example.

Vrabel is out there too; another easy improvement over McD, though not my first choice.

Hell, so is Pete Carroll.  DO the Bills fans who fear a coaching change for fear that the new guy will suck, like most of past Bills coaches have, think Caroll can't build a playoff caliber team?  

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, rm -rf /* said:

Sacrilege I know, but I can't help but thinking that he knows how to win with a good QB. Would'nt have been going for a fake punt with that ridiculous field position, for instance.

Chiefs had 10 guys on the punt return and the Bills had an 8 person to 6 person advantage in blockers versus rushers.  Honestly it was the right call and really inexcusable they got blown up the way they did.

I don't know the answer but with a roster like this, we ought to be winning a few of these games.  That poorly executed fake punt at that point in the game is a red flag on the coaching staff.

I predicted a loss and really hoped to be wrong.

Root for Lamar now.  Wont bother me if the Lions get one either.

Just now, Big Turk said:

Chiefs had 10 guys on the punt return and the Bills had an 8 person to 6 person advantage in blockers versus rushers.  Honestly it was the right call and really inexcusable they got blown up the way they did.

With that field position!? Are you a crack smoker?  That is never the right call there.

It won't be the Bills, but there's a story out there that one team that currently doesn't have a vacancy is interested in Belichick.

I wonder who it could be?

My guesses:

Giants

Jets

Bears 

Since Cowboys and Eagles are keeping their guys those are the only teams I could think of.

17 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

na, he's overrated.  He is awful outside of Brady.  

Would rather have Harbaugh (sign stealing is legal in the NFL!).  

Would also rather have Lions, Ravens, or Houston OC.  

He is awful without a franchise qb..as are most every other coach

20 minutes ago, Lfod said:

It would sell more tickets than win games. 

Yeah the coach that won the most superbowls would do worse than Sean McDermott.  Great take.  I don't think any moves are being made but getting the legend here would likely result in a super bowl or 2.

Just now, RyanC883 said:

he failed to find a QB, and stuck with Mac Jones wayyyyy to long.  Also drafted poorly at WR, and other positions.  

Not sure if you noticed, we already have a good QB so we really wouldnt need him for that part right?  Let him build the defense out and we'd be good to go.  Oh don't let him have a part in drafting receivers either.

1 minute ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Yeah the coach that won the most superbowls would do worse than Sean McDermott.  Great take.  I don't think any moves are being made but getting the legend here would likely result in a super bowl or 2.

Not sure if you noticed, we already have a good QB so we really wouldnt need him for that part right?  Let him build the defense out and we'd be good to go.  Oh don't let him have a part in drafting receivers either.

might be fine if he stays away from the draft and FA.  Defense would definitely be improved.  

Dude proved he could beat McDermott twice with Jones. One game where Jones threw like 2 passes. Another game because McDermotts "great" defensive coaching couldn't stop Jones from marching 70 plus yards down the field in less than 2 minutes. Belichick has outcoached McClappy multiple times with less.

Embrace the dark side and bring him in. 

Edited by ProcessImproverMan
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

na, he's overrated.  He is awful outside of Brady.  

Would rather have Harbaugh (sign stealing is legal in the NFL!).  

Would also rather have Lions, Ravens, or Houston OC.  

He would have Josh Allen. Not the washouts he’s had beside Brady.

24 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

In order I'd like:

1. Ben Johnson

2. Jim Harbaugh

3. Bill Belichick

If the Bills got Belichick it would be on Beane to nail those WR picks in the next draft. 

That's my order. I'd only like Belichick if Beane & Brady stuck around.  Johnson or Harbaugh should be the targets.  McDermott is so incredibly limited.  

And while we're hiring why don't we find a world class conditioning unit that can keep half our defense from getting injured every year.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

I thought for sure he was going to Dallas but rumors are that they reached out to gauge his interest and he wasn't interested.

That's surprising. NFC. Dak is definitely serviceable. All sorts of talent on defense. Not a really tough division. Easy road to get into the playoffs. 

Maybe Jerry Jones was the issue. 

This idea of a team that would need to fire their HC is interesting. 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

That's my order. I'd only like Belichick if Beane & Brady stuck around.  Johnson or Harbaugh should be the targets.  McDermott is so incredibly limited.

Harbaugh would be my choice too. 

The guy is a winner. Got to a SB with Kap at QB 

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Not a huge BB guy at this point but if there's one thing I do know it's this..

They win this game if he was the coach as he would actually have an answer for the chiefs "average" offence that McDermott made look elite again

Even with a LB that was in Charlotte packing his camper for a family vacation like two weeks ago, another LB with a bum shoulder, and another that is still very raw? Or how about Douglas that could barely move tonight? Two aging safeties? Too many injuries. Losing Benard was the final death nail. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.