What kind of GDT poster are you

10 hours ago, Simon said:

My computer is in a different room than my TV so I occasionally find myself running in to type an observation between plays.

I usually try to avoid it though, so that I don't get dragged into any mod foolishness while I'm trying to watch the game.

Occasionally I see a problematic poster bitching about the game being over in the 1st qrtr and I do them a favor and lock them out because I am a selfless, thoughtful and empathetic man with a heart of gold who always does what's best for others. 

That explains why it never seems to work for me. 

The GDT is a mix carnage mayhem and happiness, I tend to be up beat with a bit of sarcasm,

GO BILLS!!!

As much as I enjoy this message board immensely, I very rarely post or even view a GDT. When a game is on I barely even look at my phone or engage in discussion with friends who also follow the NFL.  I'm too focussed on the game, biting nails, pacing the room etc for anything else!

I post because I watch the games alone in the UK (usually at night this year) and need to get stuff off my chest for nerves reasons,. I tend not to be too critical of elite athletes doing things I couldn't do if I trained all my life. Same with coaches, I get a bit grotty about every difficult decision that goes wrong being treated as if it was obvious beforehand  (like assuming A 50-yrd FG will inevitably lead to a punter's pulled hamstring). And, because I LIKE this team, I get a bit defensive of them when they are getting trashed. But generally I'm grateful for the company during games, and I learn a lot about the game from reading people here too. It's a good forum. 

I usually just chime in a couple random thoughts 10 times a year.  Usually during halftime.

I’m too caught up with the crowd at the bar, listening to music, dancing, placing bets and getting smashed

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

That explains why it never seems to work for me. 

Your calm snark is not problematic.

At least not to anyone who doesn't already have it coming. :D

• Haha (+1) 1

I am overly optimistic during the week and before the game, but extremely pessimistic during the three hours that the Bills are playing.   Example winning 21-0, Allen goes three and out, me "Were going to lose this aren't we?  Why does Buffalo always do this?   I try not to be, but 40+ years of heartbreaking games is engrained in me.

Edited by dgrochester55

To busy watching the game to be looking at the computer because i have other interests at that particular time I may send a couple of texts during the game to a family member that is a rabid Bills fan & the one that got me hooked but that's it . Game On !! 

GO BILLS !!!

I try to stay chill, but then instantly revert to 13 year old kid after an easily avoidable turnover or stupid decision...

I can ignore mistakes or some turnovers, but it's the ones that make you lower the TV volume (to avoid hearing the announcers dissect the play in confusion) that bring up drought PTSD all over again.

6 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

I tried a couple of times, but for me it's a waste of time. By the time I put an 8-word comment in, 5 pages have gone by. Everyone's typing; very little reading. Half a dozen pages for one play at times

So true...by the time your complaint on a player goes through,  that same player makes a big play. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.