So what is the snow situation for this week's game?

Matt_In_NH

6 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

for what we are paying for a stadium that doesn't have a roof, doesn't seem like we got any kind of a lower cost for having it there. my gosh, the raiders built their palace for 1.9!  

That sticks in my craw as well. Minny was $1.2B...in downtown!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

I'm surprised. I never had that and the seat I bought was open when I arrived before kickoff.

Lucas Oil field: 750 million. under 1b in today's dollars. has a roof. was deemed nice enough to host a SB and several final fours. 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm surprised. I never had that and the seat I bought was open when I arrived before kickoff.

so clearly some sections were a little bit of a free for all, and others weren't. probably differed whether in a section with bleachers versus seats. and most likely everybody had to at least sit in their own section. at least to start the game. 

4 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

Lucas Oil field: 750 million. under 1b in today's dollars. has a roof. was deemed nice enough to host a SB and several final fours. 

so clearly some sections were a little bit of a free for all, and others weren't. probably differed whether in a section with bleachers versus seats. and most likely everybody had to at least sit in their own section. at least to start the game. 

There was a foot of packed snow in my aisle that folks were standing on. But at least a space was reserved for you.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

They'll be a partial roof to cover the seats, so realistically there will be less snow in stadium if this were to occur, that said I'm in the pro dome crowd. 

Well look at the stadium rendering, that’s going to prevent ZIP.  Heavy blowing lake effect snow = same problem.

Again building an open air stadium is utterly ridiculous. It’s complete nonsense to have to depend on the public to show up to clear snow for $20 hr and a pat on the back.  We have an owner with $7B and the stadium is already being heavily subsidized by the tax payers as is….

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Seriously look at the stadium rendering, that’s going to prevent ZIP.  Heavy blowing lake effect snow = same problem.

It won't eliminate it bit it will certainly make it less.  Even if it is blowing there's no way the covered upper deck is going to get anywhere close to the amount that it would uncovered.  Also the stadium is designed to have the teirs stack closer to the field with overhangs under each - and pretty sure the majority of those will have the overhead radiant heat that exists today in the club level - so that can be turned on to melt all that snow.  The only seats which would likely get significant snow would lower bowl with no overhang above .  It will be a fraction of the seats which will get full snow and will be much more manageable.  Also there will be two tunnels to help get snow out etc

Edited by stevewin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

It won't eliminate it bit it will certainly make it less.  Even if it is blowing there's no way the covered upper deck is going to get anywhere close to the amount that it would uncovered.  Also the stadium is designed to have the teirs stack closer to the field with overhangs under each - and pretty sure the majority of those will have the overhead radiant heat that exists today in the club level - so that can be turned on to melt all that snow.  The only seats which would likely get significant snow are lower bowl closer to the field.  It will be a fraction of the seats which will get full snow and will be much more manageable.  Also there will be two tunnels to help get snow out etc

Melt 2’ feet of snow with radiant heat, that’s funny stuff.  Running on electricity no doubt too…🥴

Edited by PayDaBill$

1 minute ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Melt 2’ feet of snow with radiant heat, that’s funny stuff.

If you have it on while it's snowing it won't accumulate.  Do you understand how heat works?

• Haha (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, stevewin said:

If you have it on while it's snowing it won't accumulate.  Do you understand how heat works?

Yeah with the conditions we often see it’ll melt as it falls ….. gotcha   That’s some funny stuff right there…..

Edited by PayDaBill$

7 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Reached out to my rep and sounds like it will be business as usual and that the “no assigned seats” thing was not accurate. Figured we’d have heard a lot more about it if that was the case. 

IMG_1579.jpeg

Thanks for clarifying.  I heard on one of the espn shows this week (might have been Greenberg) mention when going over the highlights the general admission thing - it was the first I heard it and my first thought was that cant be right

Edited by stevewin

15 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Reached out to my rep and sounds like it will be business as usual and that the “no assigned seats” thing was not accurate. Figured we’d have heard a lot more about it if that was the case. 

IMG_1579.jpeg

I was gonna say, I never heard that at all and my seat was covered in snow, but it was there 

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

It's not. I have friends who were there. That wasn't announced to anyone and didn't happen

15 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

IMG_1579.jpeg

Thank you for the confirmation!

SI and Fox must have fell for a rumor. Poor journalism.

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Thank you for the confirmation!

SI and Fox must have fell for a rumor. Poor journalism.

Hard to believe in today’s world isn’t it!? 😂. Not going to lie, the prospect of driving 5 hrs up to the game and possibly not being able to sit in my seats was something I didn’t want to find out about on site!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Well look at the stadium rendering, that’s going to prevent ZIP.  Heavy blowing lake effect snow = same problem.

Again building an open air stadium is utterly ridiculous. It’s complete nonsense to have to depend on the public to show up to clear snow for $20 hr and a pat on the back.  We have an owner with $7B and the stadium is already being heavily subsidized by the tax payers as is….

Just a little perspective. The Bills have always played in a stadium built 100% with public money. This is the first time a Bills owner is picking up at least part of the tab. Pegula committed to around $200MM (most of that from PSLs) and is obligated to cover any overruns, which so far have topped $300MM. So let's not act like Terry is getting a totally free stadium. What upsets me more is how everything costs more to do in WNY.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just a little perspective. The Bills have always played in a stadium built 100% with public money. This is the first time a Bills owner is picking up at least part of the tab. Pegula committed to around $200MM (most of that from PSLs) and is obligated to cover any overruns, which so far have topped $300MM. So let's not act like Terry is getting a totally free stadium. What upsets me more is how everything costs more to do in WNY.

That’s a sliver this is predominantly funded and maintained by taxpayer $$$ stop the BS. He’s worth $7 BILLION……

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

That’s a sliver this is predominantly funded and maintained by taxpayer $$$ stop the BS. He’s worth $7 BILLION……

$500MM is over 25% of the stadium cost. That's some sliver.. It's also $500MM more than Ralph Wilson ever paid.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

Do you live in WNY?  Last winter there as a guy that posted a time lapse of his driveway. He had  a heated glycerol system  in his concrete driveway (even showed the system in the video).Still ended up with a couple of feet of snow on it (even though it was les than what as on the lawn).

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Do you live in WNY?  Last winter there as a guy that posted a time lapse of his driveway. He had  a heated glycerol system  in his concrete driveway (even showed the system in the video).Still ended up with a couple of feet of snow on it (even though it was les than what as on the lawn).

Absolutely correct.  I had a good laugh at this guys post.  There’s multiple feet on the ground in certain locations. You’re not going to melt that much snow with a radiant heat system. 

This build should be for a covered structure. End of story. All you have to do is look at the inconveniences and all the work for these two games, it’s ridiculous. 

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Man with No Name said:

You can't compare Indiana and it's cheaper labor and minimum wage to NY with it's insane taxes, $15 an hour minimum and labor unions out the ying-yang

Everything is wayyy more expensive... Including stadiums 

Inflation in NY is crazy 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You can't compare Indiana and it's cheaper labor and minimum wage to NY with it's insane taxes, $15 an hour minimum and labor unions out the ying-yang

Everything is wayyy more expensive... Including stadiums 

Inflation in NY is crazy 

Stop. If I moved my house to WNY it would gain a 1/4 million dollars more.

And... I live on the Indiana line. 

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Stop. If I moved my house to WNY it would gain a 1/4 million dollars more.

And... I live on the Indiana line. 

Western New York still has to pay New York taxes... And our labor unions keep costs up

And minimum wage is double what it is in Indiana keeping inflation around the state

There is a massive reason why the stadium is costing what it is... New York inflation 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Western New York still has to pay New York taxes... And our labor unions keep costs up

And minimum wage is double what it is in Indiana keeping inflation around the state

There is a massive reason why the stadium is costing what it is... New York inflation 

Native bones too. 😉😜 

On 1/18/2024 at 11:35 AM, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

The stairs were extremely dangerous. Unless OBD wants more lawsuits coming their way (I've already heard one from someone slipping on the stair) I suggest they bust out the flamethrowers.

Stairs were brutal upper deck. I biffed it hard myself, and was stone cold sober.

Edited by davefan66

3 hours ago, chongli said:

Give em beer and nothing will get done.

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Sorta. As you pointed out, the fans are actually paying Pegula's portion via PSL's.

He's still kicking in over $300MM, and probably more as this project goes on.

• Haha (+1) 2

So here's an update for all the TBD snow removal experts / dome drama queens

According to local news:

Over 500 people showed up to shovel, some from as far away as Syracuse. So many that some had to be turned away.

The lower bowl is almost completely cleared as of Friday night.

The entire stadium and all concourses will be completely cleared by Saturday night.

Any snow that falls late Saturday night and Sunday (predicting 1 inch) will simply have to be swept off your seat.

Edited by QCity
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

IMG_1579.jpeg

He doesn't know where the rumor came from that there will be no assigned seats or why it got any traction? 

Not one idea Zack? Could it be that your normal snow removal efforts this week look like the same snow removal efforts last week? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.