Your updated ranking after WCGs.

Hello people. 

So today, after the weekend, what’s your personal ranking between the remaining teams ? 

You can obviously consider the injuries situation about every team, if you know it. 

What about: 

- 49ers

- lions

- bills

- ravens

- chiefs 

- packs

- texans 

- bucks

Edited by Italian Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

• Italian Bills changed the title to Your updated ranking after WCGs.

Ravens (Consistently a high performing team, no glaring weakness)

49ers

Chiefs (healthier than Buffalo)

Bills (I'd love to rate them higher, but they have injuries galore.  That said, we are resilient and have JA17)

Lions (Nice offense and I really like Dan Campbel) 

Texans

Packers

Bucs

If I had to group these teams in tiers it would be:

Ravens & 49ers

Chiefs, Bills & Lions

Texans & Packers

Bucs

Edited by saundena
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I suppose we could get some injured guys ready for Sunday night and if we recover energies in almost 6 days, we are a better overall team than the Chiefs 

2 minutes ago, chongli said:

The Chiefs come after the 4th spot IMO

Edited by Italian Bills
  • Agree 1

1. 49ers (realize ravens beat them but they have the best roster by a mile, best coach,  and literally no major injuries somehow)

2. Ravens 

3. Chiefs 

4. Bills (too many injuries but we’ll see) 

5. Lions (defense isn’t good enough and the Goff collapse is coming)

6. Texans (CJ Carrie’s them)

7. Packers (awful defense that’s about to get exposed for 35+.. love looking good though)

8. Bucs (only still alive because they’re in her nfc) 

Ravens and then everyone else, but Playoff Lamar is usually a far less good version of regular season Lamar.

4 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

1. 49ers (realize ravens beat them but they have the best roster by a mile, best coach,  and literally no major injuries somehow)

2. Ravens 

3. Chiefs 

4. Bills (too many injuries but we’ll see) 

5. Lions (defense isn’t good enough and the Goff collapse is coming)

6. Texans (CJ Carrie’s them)

7. Packers (awful defense that’s about to get exposed for 35+.. love looking good though)

8. Bucs (only still alive because they’re in her nfc) 

Do they? Brock Purdy is still the weak link

6 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

We need another snowstorm if we are going to get Taron Johnson back. That injury is going to be a killer

What?  He’s in concussion protocol and actually wanted to come back in the game.  I expect Taron in the lineup Sunday night.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, eball said:

What?  He’s in concussion protocol and actually wanted to come back in the game.  I expect Taron in the lineup Sunday night.

They said on the radio he's had multiple concussions this year so it will take longer than usual

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

They said on the radio he's had multiple concussions this year so it will take longer than usual

Yeah, that would suck if he can’t clear in time…

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Ravens and then everyone else, but Playoff Lamar is usually a far less good version of regular season Lamar.

agree. I would put money on the Niners not making it to the Super Bowl. Teams like that have to play from ahead and pretty much error free. If another team can get out in front, it is over for them. 

they are a great team, but not built to win a super bowl. 

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

There is nothing definitive about a single or multiple concussions.  Each one is different and follows the same protocol.  The average time to clear protocol for multiple in the same season is longer, but there is nothing in the rules that prevents him from coming back quickly if he clears all the steps.

He could clear it in 5 days, or this could be his worst ever and not clear for a month.

Key is to watch for cleared for non contact by Friday.

Edited by Rew

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

agree. I would put money on the Niners not making it to the Super Bowl. Teams like that have to play from ahead and pretty much error free. If another team can get out in front, it is over for them. 

they are a great team, but not built to win a super bowl. 

The only piece the Niners are missing albeit a big one is QB that can steal or win them games. The rest of their roster is loaded and the best in the NFL by a mile

9 hours ago, Rew said:

There is nothing definitive about a single or multiple concussions.  Each one is different and follows the same protocol.  The average time to clear protocol for multiple in the same season is longer, but there is nothing in the rules that prevents him from coming back quickly if he clears all the steps.

He could clear it in 5 days, or this could be his worst ever and not clear for a month.

Key is to watch for cleared for non contact by Friday.

Just curious: what’s the process to clear a concussion protocol ? 

17 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Hello people. 

So today, after the weekend, what’s your personal ranking between the remaining teams ? 

You can obviously consider the injuries situation about every team, if you know it. 

What about: 

- 49ers

- lions

- bills

- ravens

- chiefs 

- packs

- texans 

- bucks

Ravens dropped because they didn't play?

I think:

Ravens

Niners

Bills

Lions

Chiefs

Texans

Pack

Bucs

3 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Just curious: what’s the process to clear a concussion protocol ? 

Gotta go through 5 steps to get cleared. 
1. Symptom limited activity (stretching/balancing ususally)

2. Aerobic exercise 

3. Football specific exercise (strength training, mimicking sport specific activities)

4. club based non contact drills (no contact jersey, but can do most else)

5. Full football clearance (needs independent Neurological consultant’s approval) 

On 1/16/2024 at 11:00 AM, Italian Bills said:

Hello people. 

What about: 

- 49ers

- lions

- bills

- ravens

- chiefs 

- packs

- texans 

- bucks

Gnocchi (w/bolognese)

Veal Parmesan

Minestrone

Chicken Cacciatore

Lasagna

Penne Rigate in clam sauce

Bruschetta (pronounced broo-skett-a for all you who say it wrong at restaurants).

Baccala

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Rew said:

5 steps.  See link.  There is a great image of all 5 steps about 2/3rd's down the article.

https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthandsafety/health-and-wellness/player-care/concussion-protocol-return-to-participation-protocol

Thanks bro

44 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Gnocchi (w/bolognese)

Veal Parmesan

Minestrone

Chicken Cacciatore

Lasagna

Penne Rigate in clam sauce

Bruschetta (pronounced broo-skett-a for all you who say it wrong at restaurants).

Baccala

Top three: 

POLENTA (valtellina type, the real one)

PIZZOCHERI

COSTINE AL LAVECC

I honestly think the Bills are the best team left (even with the injuries). The injuries hurt , but we have Josh Allen, a deep roster, lots of playmakers, and they are more battle-tested than any other team at this point. The Bills are 6-1 against playoff teams this year (should be 7-0, if the refs didn't steal the Philly game from us). Baltimore, I don't know, they still just don't scare me that much for some reason. They are 6-3 vs. playoff teams, which is good. They lost to Pittsburgh twice (though week 18 they obviously rested players). And I know they are a better team this year, but the last two times the teams met, McD was able to have an answer for Jackson. The Niners are a very good team and I like Brock, but I don't think he is a QB that can really put a team on his back at this point (which I think you need to go on serious run for the Lombardi). I may have the Chiefs a bit low, and you can never count Mahomes out, but I feel like their lack of playmakers on the offense really hurts them.

Bills

Baltimore

Niners

Lions

Chiefs

Houston

Green Bay

Bucs

On 1/16/2024 at 3:48 PM, saundena said:

49ers

Bills (I'd love to rate them higher, but they have injuries galore.  That said, we are resilient and have JA17)

Texans

Packers

Bucs

Ravens & 49ers

Chiefs, Bills & Lions

Texans & Packers

Bucs

Lamar's numbers in his 4 playoff games:

4 TDs

5 INTs

19 sacks

56% completion rate

68 QB Rating

Those aren't even replacement level numbers. Certainly aren't franchise QB numbers. Maybe practice squad level QB numbers.

IMO, Ravens have a good chance of being one and done and if they win, willing to bet it's more because of their defense than Lamar.

When the stakes are highest, Lamar is at his worst.

Edited by Big Turk

On 1/16/2024 at 3:48 PM, saundena said:

49ers

Texans

Packers

Bucs

Ravens & 49ers

Chiefs, Bills & Lions

Texans & Packers

Bucs

I agree with your tiers. Spot on. The rest is very debatable since we beat KC in KC just a few weeks ago but yes we’re injured so we’ll see. Just feels like Buffalos year if the swifty refs stay out of it 

42 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

4 TDs

5 INTs

19 sacks

56% completion rate

68 QB Rating

Those aren't even replacement level numbers. Certainly aren't franchise QB numbers. Maybe practice squad level QB numbers.

IMO, Ravens have a good chance of being one and done and if they win, willing to bet it's more because of their defense than Lamar.

Nothing you said is wrong, but past performance doesn't guarantee future results.

Unfortunately, I think it will be hard for us to get past our injuries this week, but if we do (and don't see any more of our guys lost to injuries), then I will feel very good about facing either the Ravens or Texans.  Since 2019, we've always played the Ravens very well (only loss being in '19 before Josh's breakout).  The games have been hard fought but we've prevailed and I think we could this year too.  Would like our chances even better if the game was in Buffalo, but alas...

If the Texans win, then I definitely like our chances facing them as a warm weather dome team in blustery Orchard Park with their rookie HC and QB combo (even though I think they are both very talented ).

Edited by saundena

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

4 TDs

5 INTs

19 sacks

56% completion rate

68 QB Rating

It'll certainly interesting to see how Baltimore go from essentially having a fortnight off and then going straight into a play off game. Even more so when you consider how slow Jackson starts play off games in general. 

I wouldn't be too shocked to see Houston jump to a 10-14 point lead. I also wouldn't be shocked to see Baltimore come back from that. 

Baltimore (just becuase I guess I’m not really impressed but their win over 49ers in their house is an excellent win - not sold though

49ers

meh again just becuase I guess - not sold on Purdy and the gimmicks won’t work in the playoffs - may get eliminated this weekend to be honest

_______\\\\
stop there ok I’m starting over

buffalo

packers

ravens

49ers

Lions

chiefs

texans

bucs

go ahead let’s discuss I think the chiefs over the last month is the most hyped and less talented team than all of them aside from Patrick mahomes

rhey have played NO ONE for two months and still played like crap

the Miami game is “scaring” everyone - MIAMI DIDNT SHOW UP!  

sorry I wouldn’t be surprised if Buffalo absolutely murdered them in OP this week 

3 pt favorites is a slap in buffalos face for 2020 and 2021 - it’s disrespecting Josh Allen and the bills 

we have beaten them handily 3 times in a row IN THEIR HOUSE only for “oh it’s just regular season!!!”  To merit - no credit to Sean or josh

complete disrespect 

Wanna talk the rest I. Game but KC is definitely the weaker 

On 1/16/2024 at 5:17 PM, Big Turk said:

Until he proves otherwise (and maybe he might), Lamar Jackson isn’t any more trustworthy in the playoffs than Dak Prescott is.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Until he proves otherwise (and maybe he might), Lamar Jackson isn’t any more trustworthy in the playoffs than Dak Prescott is.

Lamar has been practice squad level in the playoffs.  just downright abysmal.  

Stats in 4 playoff games?

4 Total TDs(3 passing, 1 rushing)

5 INTs(including at least 1 pick 6)

56% Completion Rate

68 QB Rating

19 sacks.

If he put up those numbers during the regular season, he would be benched. As a likely 2 time MVP, those numbers are absolutely embarrassing and show when the stakes are highest, he folds like a cheap tent under the pressure.

14 hours ago, saundena said:

Nothing you said is wrong, but past performance doesn't guarantee future results.

Unfortunately, I think it will be hard for us to get past our injuries this week, but if we do (and don't see any more of our guys lost to injuries), then I will feel very good about facing either the Ravens or Texans.  Since 2019, we've always played the Ravens very well (only loss being in '19 before Josh's breakout).  The games have been hard fought but we've prevailed and I think we could this year too.  Would like our chances even better if the game was in Buffalo, but alas...

If the Texans win, then I definitely like our chances facing them as a warm weather dome team in blustery Orchard Park with their rookie HC and QB combo (even though I think they are both very talented ).

No, but the most likely predictor is what he has already shown.  It's not like he was playing bad during the regular season in any of those years.  All those seasons, his numbers were far better.

The closest was his rookie year when his QB Rating in the regular season was 84.4 and playoffs was 78.5, only 5.9 points lower.  in fact, the highest rated game he ever had was his rookie year in the playoffs.

In 2019, he had a 113.3 QB Rating during the regular season and a 63.2 QB Rating in the playoffs, 50.1 points lower.

In 2020, he had a 99.8 QB Rating during the regular season and a 68.1 QB Rating in the playoffs, 31.7 points lower.

In 2023, he has a 102.7 QB Rating during the regular season and a ??? QB Rating during the playoffs.  I'm guessing it's not higher than 85.

When he shows he can play well in the playoffs, then maybe I will believe it.  He hasn't. Not in ANY of his 4 appearances so far.  When do you just call it like it is and stop thinking a playoff turd will turn into a diamond?

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.