Shout out to the fans

Xwnyer

Before the game started I was concerned about the turnout.  Wow was I WRONG.  I was listening to radio pregame and when the players started to come onto the field I heard the roar.  Than they showed the stands on TV the place  looked like a traditional sold out game.  The red white and blue was all over the place not sure if people even tried to sit.

I am expecting them to be very loud making it tough for Mahomes to think. 

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Before the game started I was concerned about the turnout.  Wow was I WRONG.  I was listening to radio pregame and when the players started to come onto the field I heard the roar.  Than they showed the stands on TV the place  looked like a traditional sold out game.  The red white and blue was all over the place not sure if people even tried to sit.

I was expecting it to be half empty. I was shocked when at kickoff, they pan the crowd, and it was full (or looked full). I agree; salute to all of you who made it out to help in this W. Now next week, can we put twice as many people in there?

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I was expecting it to be half empty. I was shocked when at kickoff, they pan the crowd, and it was full (or looked full). I agree; salute to all of you who made it out to help in this W. Now next week, can we put twice as many people in there?

Same here. Not 15 mins before kickoff the stadium looked half empty and half full of snow. Then, like you said, at kickoff, snow was gone and stands looked full….I thought maybe CBS was fooling us with CG. LOL

Anybody who was there care to explain where all the snow went?

55 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Same here. Not 15 mins before kickoff the stadium looked half empty and half full of snow. Then, like you said, at kickoff, snow was gone and stands looked full….I thought maybe CBS was fooling us with CG. LOL

All of the snow got pushed around. They only removed half of the snow in the stands. Half of the seats were never touched. 

I was talking to the person next to me, and they said a friend called the Bills office to see if they needed help. They said they had enough people. Obviously, they haven't a clue about snow removal. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

It was crazy.  We made sure we got in early to clear out and we were waist high of snow in our seats.  Had to create tunnels to clear out our area.  Looking around we thought no way they could fit in all the people.

There was a void underneath the bleacher seats.  We were able to pack a lot of snow below the row/bench in front of us.  It was also a pretty fluffy snow (which is why we didnt see 1,000,000 snow balls) so the snow packed down once everyone walked and stomped on it.  There were shovels everywhere too for people to dig if they needed.  

I was pretty much standing on/in snow the entire game.

20240115_154026

20240115_154621

20240115_154552

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wow.  Didn't realize watching on TV that inside the stadium was such a mess.  

I thought this thread was going to be about the noise.  Watching the Lions Sunday night, I was envious that they have a roof, because those people, so starved for a winner, made a lot of noise and it all stayed inside.   I thought that there was no way the Bills fans could be that loud.

Did anyone notice that Nantz and Romo were actually shouting some of the time so that they could be heard over the noise from the crowd?   People really showed up, in the way they often have, to give real support to the team.  

It was amazing. 

Looking forward to the Chiefs!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Under our feet

13 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

It was crazy.  We made sure we got in early to clear out and we were waist high of snow in our seats.  Had to create tunnels to clear out our area.  Looking around we thought no way they could fit in all the people.

There was a void underneath the bleacher seats.  We were able to pack a lot of snow below the row/bench in front of us.  It was also a pretty fluffy snow (which is why we didnt see 1,000,000 snow balls) so the snow packed down once everyone walked and stomped on it.  There were shovels everywhere too for people to dig if they needed.  

20240115_154026

20240115_154621

20240115_154552

Didn’t see any in the stadium. We asked if they had any extras to clear the steps better. Was told no. 

The steps were like walking up the snow covered sled hill at Chestnut Ridge. Lots of people fell and slid down them. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Wow.  We had shovels to use.  We didnt use them.  We did a lot of stomping and marsh lynching through..  My buddy ended up falling, then rolling in the snow to 3 rows below and it was funny.

Leaving, I slipped on the steps and somehow caught myself .  That would have been a rough one.  

• Like (+1) 1

They kept showing the same clips and my guess is those "30 minute out" videos were from much earlier in the day 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

20240115_154026

20240115_154621

20240115_154552

Wow that's dramatic.

I thought to myself that once it was full, the people must have melted all of the snow because where did it go??

But packing it under benches makes sense

4 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Sports sites are reporting that attendance was 70,040. Can this be true? So it was a full house? No empty seats at all? I find it hard to believe, but I defer to those of you who were there. What say you?

I'm guessing the 70,040 is tickets sold, not actual attendance.

• Like (+1) 1

I was more concerned that some dummy would hit a referee with a snowball and there would be a penalty at a really bad time. Thanks to the fans for behaving themselves!

I was also concerned that the stadium itself would buckle under the weight of all that wet snow plus the fans. Glad it held!

3 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Agreed. Crazy impressive turnout by Bills fans.

You want to hear something sad and pitiful. I live in NJ and this morning in the NY/NJ Metro area we had 2 inches of snow on the ground. The roads were clear. Yet schools in my area had delayed openings and some of them even closed for the day. FOR TWO INCHES OF SNOW AND THE ROADS 100% CLEARED. We are soft here when it comes to the weather, I am ashamed to say.

55 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Under our feet

Didn’t see any in the stadium. We asked if they had any extras to clear the steps better. Was told no. 

The steps were like walking up the snow covered sled hill at Chestnut Ridge. Lots of people fell and slid down them. 

They had them in my section, which was surprising since it's one of the club sections.  

Footnote, people clearing their seats in the upper deck were tossing the snow down onto the first few rows of the clubs.  Was funny watching the people sitting there suddenly getting covered with snow.  

7 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Still curious as to how many Squealer fans were there? They usually travel very well, and it did seem like a lot of crowd noise when they scored their TDs/made a big play.

There was a good amount of fans there, but not a full on invasion, I'd say less than 20% based on the terrible towels I'd see waving.  

• Like (+1) 1

Sports sites are reporting that attendance was 70,040. Can this be true? So it was a full house? No empty seats at all? I find it hard to believe, but I defer to those of you who were there. What say you?

We definitely had some empty seats by us.  We were still really packed in though.  I wonder if some people found better places to habitate as we had a pretty major snow issue in our area.

Also, my friend went to the bathroom with 7 minutes left in the second quarter.  He said there was still a line at security to get in.  I think a lot of people had parking issues and got in late.  

As far as STeelers fans, there was an OK amount.  Probably not as much as there would normally be (weather, Monday at 4:30, heavy underdog).  There was one fat troll in our area who was going nuts and 'talking trash' to the Bills players after every positive Steelers' play.  Like he was on the field playing or something.  It was super obnoxious, and I have a high tolerance and welcoming attitude toward visiting fans.  If that game went south, I really think someone would have gone on the offensive.  

Edited by May Day 10

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

Also, my friend went to the bathroom with 7 minutes left in the second quarter.  He said there was still a line at security to get in.  I think a lot of people had parking issues and got in late.  

We saw people still coming in the gates at the end of the 3rd quarter.  

• Shocked 2

1 hour ago, skibum said:

I was more concerned that some dummy would hit a referee with a snowball and there would be a penalty at a really bad time. Thanks to the fans for behaving themselves!

I was also concerned that the stadium itself would buckle under the weight of all that wet snow plus the fans. Glad it held!

I wonder if a Steelers fan could have gone black ops and thrown a snowball at the ref or even his own players just to get Buffalo hit with a penalty?...

5 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Yeah it was a pretty packed house.

And it was a beautiful day.   Dry and no wind.   One of the better tailgate days of the year if you had your snow gear.

Also,  really weak turnout of Steeler fans.    Least amount of them I have ever seen at a Bills game.   None of them in our section were actually Yinzers either.   The change of date I think helped get more Bills fans to attend and less Steeler fans from PA.

I was really surpirsed that there were not big swaths of yellow.  I guess the travel ban kept the Steel city at home.  kudos Bills fans for buying the tickets and showing up.

It absolutely kills me to not be at this upcoming game. As a NYC native I had seasons for 10 years and loved frequenting these trips, but these Monday and 6:30 on Sunday games suck! Between the weather and having to take off days it’s just too much. I hope you guys tear the concrete off the walls in the stadium! No doubt in my mind the mafia is gonna turn the Ralph into the loudest venue Paddy has ever been in. I can’t wait to see his crying ass whining on the sidelines! Go Bills!

On 1/16/2024 at 6:34 AM, CSBill said:

Roads were clear, very little issues with driving to and from. 

On 1/16/2024 at 6:52 AM, Bob Jones said:

We just stood in it.   It was a light fluffy snow, but there was too much to really clear a space.  Our section was full so you really couldn't put it in front or behind.  We just moved it under our seat and kicked out a little space for our feet.  

It's gonna be an issue next week, especially that it's all packed down, icy and more coming.  The stairs were truly dangerous.   I almost fell a few times.  The people on the aisles seats were used as guard rails. 

On 1/16/2024 at 9:02 AM, May Day 10 said:

Wow.  We had shovels to use.  We didnt use them.  We did a lot of stomping and marsh lynching through..  My buddy ended up falling, then rolling in the snow to 3 rows below and it was funny.

Leaving, I slipped on the steps and somehow caught myself .  That would have been a rough one.  

Marsh lynching?! Sounds peculiarly violent 😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.