Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

2 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Apple News just sent out a notification for an article about Hochuli being the ref for this game and the "conspiracy" that he has it out for the Bills.

Honestly probably a good thing it's getting so much attention. One can only hope that Hochuli realizes he's going to be under the microscope for this game.

Problem is, he can make all the terrible calls against the bills he wants, and nothing will happen. Goddell will just say how officiating has been great this season 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Apple News just sent out a notification for an article about Hochuli being the ref for this game and the "conspiracy" that he has it out for the Bills.

Honestly probably a good thing it's getting so much attention. One can only hope that Hochuli realizes he's going to be under the microscope for this game.

God help us.  He has the face of a guy that will do bad things because of spite.  It's like the NFL assigned him because the call on Toney might have cost KC the last game, so they want to make sure all the calls go the other way.  I absolutely hate that the league makes me think this way

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

God help us.  He has the face of a guy that will do bad things because of spite.  It's like the NFL assigned him because the call on Toney might have cost KC the last game, so they want to make sure all the calls go the other way.  I absolutely hate that the league makes me think this way

So do I. I've been trying to tell myself that it's no longer in the best interest of the league to "prefer" the Chiefs win games like this. People are tired of them. People are sick of the Mahomes commercials. I'd be fully convinced of this if it wasn't for all the Taylor Swift hype. It does suck that there might be favoritism so they can keep riding that train, but at the same time it feels like the novelty of that is wearing off already.

Hopefully this is all just noise and maybe for once we can have a game that isn't dramatically impacted by officials making poor decisions.

9 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I’m on the flip side of that I think they were probably pissed with how badly the chiefs whined about it.  Its not like they stopped calling offensive offside after that game 

all the bengals fans panicked about the ref assignment against us last year and they destroyed us lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m on the flip side of that I think they were probably pissed with how badly the chiefs whined about it.  Its not like they stopped calling offensive offside after that game 

No, but Hochulii or whatever his stupid name is, is such a gold plated prick that he'll reflexively take the contrarian opinion.  You know it's true

8 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

So do I. I've been trying to tell myself that it's no longer in the best interest of the league to "prefer" the Chiefs win games like this. People are tired of them. People are sick of the Mahomes commercials. I'd be fully convinced of this if it wasn't for all the Taylor Swift hype. It does suck that there might be favoritism so they can keep riding that train, but at the same time it feels like the novelty of that is wearing off already.

Hopefully this is all just noise and maybe for once we can have a game that isn't dramatically impacted by officials making poor decisions.

It's only anecdotal, but every football fan I know (in northern Virginia) is sick of the Chiefs. Mahomes' postgame reaction regarding the Offside only amplified that conviction.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

No, but Hochulii or whatever his stupid name is, is such a gold plated prick that he'll reflexively take the contrarian opinion.  You know it's true

I genuinely don’t think so lol I think they have really inflated egos and the chiefs calling them out probably pissed them off.  I do think some of it is home cooking too,  feels like every game we get screwed is on the road (jets punt return, pats ineligible man downfield flag pickup, eagles sh*tshow) and the game we got bailed out was at home (giants no call dpi) 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

The fact that the Peacock game last week was a big success by the numbers gives a lot of fuel to the "Get Taylor to the Super Bowl" conspiracy. We will see what happens. The NFL is embracing her presence and we will see how important that is this weekend. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Joe Buscaglia is picking the Chiefs to win on a last second Butker field goal.  He’s been wrong before.  Hope that happens again 

when people are picking these games it goes to a different level of sillyness to have the proclamation of a gw field goal.

i could see kc winning by 3. or 2. or 1. or 7. or 10. or just winning.

It will be interesting to see what wrinkles Reid has planned for this game. Bills need to be very aware throughout. Hopefully we can run successfully which would make play action that much more effective, especially with Kincaid and Knox.

2 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

The fact that the Peacock game last week was a big success by the numbers gives a lot of fuel to the "Get Taylor to the Super Bowl" conspiracy. We will see what happens. The NFL is embracing her presence and we will see how important that is this weekend. 

I feel like more people would tune in to watch the Bills try to finally win a Super Bowl than the people who would tune in for maybe 30 total seconds of Taylor Swift sitting in a box. But I'm probably underestimating the severity of the mental illness that Taylor Swift fanatics have.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Sestak4ever said:

It will be interesting to see what wrinkles Reid has planned for this game. Bills need to be very aware throughout. Hopefully we can run successfully which would make play action that much more effective, especially with Kincaid and Knox.

chiefs almost never use play action. I guarantee they will be PA HARD against buf. Im worried

With some of the injured Bills getting back, I'm feeling better about the defensive personnel we have on the field.  The Chief's offense this year has not been all that great, and the players we have available should do OK.

What concerns me most of all is the extra two days of rest and preparation the Chiefs got.  And Reid  He's simply brilliant, and McDermott struggles to catch up with what Reid throws out there.  I am more concerned about what Reid can do than what Mahomes can do.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The NFL likes parity, they don't want dynasties.  Swift or not, America would rather see Bills or Baltimore in the Super Bowl over Kansas City.  

Football fans absolutely. Most of who will already watch the game no matter what. But an entire, new, untapped fanbase would tune in for Taylor the Chiefs. 

I am really never a "blame the refs" or "conspiracy" guy. But this one actually concerns me. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Utah John said:

With some of the injured Bills getting back, I'm feeling better about the defensive personnel we have on the field.  The Chief's offense this year has not been all that great, and the players we have available should do OK.

What concerns me most of all is the extra two days of rest and preparation the Chiefs got.  And Reid  He's simply brilliant, and McDermott struggles to catch up with what Reid throws out there.  I am more concerned about what Reid can do than what Mahomes can do.

Aren't the last two wins we had against the Chiefs in the regular season coming off bye weeks for the Bills?

53 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’ve never stared at a video of someone walking harder in my life..

Pretty sure if I twisted my ankle, I wouldn't be doing that to it.  Miraculous.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

My thoughts as well. 

Andrew Brandt was tweeting about the perceived bias during our Eagles game.  It was a huge talking point on social media, especially during that first half. 

Dan Fetes is out here calling people out for bringing this up, but the fact it’s becoming a public narrative is a good thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Allen obviously killed him when it comes to rushing TDs, but Mahomes' underwhelming passing numbers are mostly due to the performance of the receivers. His receivers led the league in drops by a mile. Even Kelce hasn't been sure-handed this year. He'd have a lot more TDs and at least two fewer INTs if his receivers had been able to catch balls that hit them squarely in their hands. 

Just now, SaulGoodman said:

Allen obviously killed him when it comes to rushing TDs, but Mahomes' underwhelming passing numbers are mostly due to the performance of the receivers. His receivers led the league in drops by a mile. Even Kelce hasn't been sure-handed this year. He'd have a lot more TDs and at least two fewer INTs if his receivers had been able to catch balls that hit them squarely in their hands. 

Sure…

I suppose that could be a thing. 

I also can think off the top of my head, James Cook dropping two TD’s in recent weeks and Gabe Davis taking a 1st and Goal and turning it into an Allen interception. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SaulGoodman said:

Let's address the drops issue.  KC receivers had 44 drops this year, which did lead the league.  But the Bills had 30.  So that's less than one more drop per game for Mahomes than for Allen.

Not sure I'd say Mahomes would have a "lot" more TDs with that one extra reception per game...

3 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

It's not just rushing TDs.

Josh had a higher EPA, CPOE, and QBR, threw for more yards, had 17 (!) more total TDs, a better TD/TO ratio, and more Game Winning Drives.

And if we're gonna play the "ifs and buts" game, we get to subtract interceptions from Josh's totals for WR drops, too, and to mention that he had to deal with a midseason switch at offensive coordinator, which Mahomes did not.

All told, looking only at THIS SEASON, and looking at the raw numbers, Josh Allen had a better year than Patrick Mahomes. It would be nearly impossible to say otherwise with a straight face.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

OK, receivers sometimes drop passes.  Sometimes receivers make incredible catches of passes that weren't thrown very well.  It balances out in the long run.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.