Game Thread: Green Bay at Dallas 4:30 PM ET on FOX

chongli

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Scott7975 said:

You had both Tua and Love ahead of Herbert?  What do you think now after their play thus far?  Not knocking your opinion on that first question btw.  Just surprised.

Yea I wasn't big on Herbert. He just always looked mechanical not natural to me on film. I was obviously too low on him and too high on Tua. 

I think Love is legitimately in the conversation with Herbert for the second best guy in that class though unless this year turns out to be a total mirage. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yep. 

It honestly didn’t matter if he ended up sucking. Their process was right on the money. They had a guy they thought had enough tools and the makeup to be the guy, he was relatively attainable in a deep QB class, and their starter was a HoFer but a thousand years old.

The Pats didn’t have a succession plan and had to reach for Macorkle. 

The reasons teams do things matters.

100% my view. Even if the decision failed, their process was right. That the decision looks like it might hit? Even better.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Nah that was a clear penalty. Defender was riding Lamb the whole way.

Fair, I’m just thinking of the fake horse collar

call, and getting the defense to bail Dak and Lamb out of throwing short of the end zone. It didn’t seem like a great play with no timeouts. They were lucky GB committed that foul. A lot went Dallas’ way on that drive. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Neither 7th team has played so far this weekend. They may put up a better fight than AFC 5, AFC 6 and NFC 2.

I sort of hope not (no offence, Rams).

You know what?  You are right.  (Except the 7th team playing right now and actually winning.) I still don't like it.

Just now, SirAndrew said:

Fair, I’m just thinking of the fake horse collar

call, and getting the defense to bail Dak and Lamb out of throwing short of the end zone. It didn’t seem like a great play with no timeouts. They were lucky GB committed that foul. A lot went Dallas’ way on that drive. 

The horse collar was a bad call. The one that bailed them out at the end of the half was absolutely the right call but agree an element of luck. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Scott7975 said:

You know what?  You are right.  (Except the 7th team playing right now and actually winning.) I still don't like it.

I just deleted my post because I realized I mucked up the sixth and seventh seeds in the NFC. I hope the AFC seventh seed looks awful.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

I just deleted my post because I realized I mucked up the sixth and seventh seeds in the NFC. I hope the AFC seventh seed looks awful.

Meh, no need to delete. I could of delete too but I just own it instead.  No big deal. You were right in your thought process really.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.