Browns @ Texans Game Thread 4:30pm

Process

Browns running and even when they do throw not even going out of bounds they're ready to go home.

Just now, stevestojan said:

Well looks like “just staying alive” will now certainly wrap up the comeback player of the year for Demar. Nice job by getting those late season wins by Flacco but yikes - that’s poor performance in the biggest game so far. 

I don't know is voting for that also over.

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

They should be proud for sure but I disagree about Watson.  He basically hasn’t been playing football for three years now and he looked mediocre when he was in this year.

Oh I agree on Watson. He sucked thsi year. He was a legit top 5 guy before his massages. Seems wild you can just completely lose it that bad.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

They should be proud for sure but I disagree about Watson.  He basically hasn’t been playing football for three years now and he looked mediocre when he was in this year.

I tend to agree. Time away from the game is a killer.

2 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Right came back played like crap and has been in and out with injuries and then missed the last half of the season. Well he got paid so mission accomplished for him, gross.

4 minutes ago, Billznut said:

New, revised preferred playoff path for me…

vs Steelers-wild card 

vs Chiefs-Div round 

vs Texans-AFCCG

Amen 🙏🏻 to that !

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Oh I agree on Watson. He sucked thsi year. He was a legit top 5 guy before his massages. Seems wild you can just completely lose it that bad.

I think it’s crazy that in a league where QBs fall far in the draft due to mere character *concerns*, an NFL team gave a guaranteed contract to a legitimate sex criminal who had already sat for a year and wasn’t even allowed to play right away.  

12 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Will also be interesting to see if Stroud can maintain this level of play in cold weather, and hostile road environment, with playoff stakes.  It will be truly impressive if he does - but at some point you have to think the rookie in him will come peeking out

He threw for almost 400 yards in a cold weather game at Ann Arbor in 2021.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I won’t say “the Browns are dead, Stick a Fork in them”, but. I will say:

“I see tines”.

Just collecting my receipts.  And my fork.

If I’m right, Flacco is missing 2 starting OL at this point.  It makes a difference.

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t have “CJ will sit the last 10 minutes like he was still at OSU playing a team like Akron” on my Bingo card today

Flacco had an innovative strategy to keep him from scoring TDs in the second half, by scoring them for him.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Just collecting my receipts.  And my fork.

If I’m right, Flacco is missing 2 starting OL at this point.  It makes a difference.

A huge difference. Joe is a statue of Flacco. Protect him and give him weapons and he can still fling it.

24 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

More that everyone has to quantify his success: wide open guys, scheme, great OC. Obviously it helps but Stroud might just be one of those special guys. His poise and ball placement are insane for any qb, much less a rookie. 

Are people saying he isn’t?  I’m genuinely asking not trying to prove his point lol.  You’ve gotta go through great qbs to succeed in the playoffs.  I still feel confident we come up with something that can stump a young qb but he def deserves props at the same time.  I’d personally be more worried about kc but I could see people going either way 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

i have the opposite opinion. 

Bring that pass happy offense into Buffalo in the weather.  They are a great matchup for the bills defense.

B they have shut down the Browns run game which I believe is better than the Bills.  So be a very low scoring game, and a team like the Texans could win it.. mind you that all depends if they can beat a very very good Ravens team that I expect to be rusty next week.  

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

"Michael Vick's biggest piece of advice to Stroud was: buy a cat"

Vick: Much harder to get in trouble for training them to kill each other, mostly because it's much harder to train them to kill each other, trust me I've tried.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

FFS Swift does not play for the Chiefs, what is the obsession with her?

Yeah, I hate the way they're using her as a promotional tool. I mean I get it from a business standpoint but it makes it all very WWE to me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.