What Changes Would You Expect If Steelers Win?

You have to tear it down.  You have had a coach and GM that has tried for 7 seasons to get you to a super bowl.  This team has only had two good runs and that was the 20 & 21 years where they lost to KC both times. 

McD is and should be on the hot seat.  Everything wrong with this team can be traced back to him and the OC.

He and other coaches on this team truly lack the coaching acumen that Andy Reid, Shanahan, Harbaugh or any other elite HC's have.

This team always seems to self destruct for the most unlikely reasons.  There is never any accountability back to McD.  

We have never heard or seen,  a McD press conference,  after a loss where he completely takes the blame for a loss.

He deflects blame 100% of the time.

We have had some really bad FA signing's Von Miller and there are more too.  Personally Von Miller was not worth the contract the Bills offered him.

It never should have happened.  He needs to go.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i can't be bothered here.  i've very busy trying to figure out what happens if the moon smashes into the earth. 

Well, that for sure would be an extinction event.  But we'd probably get another moon w/ that kind of collision, and possibly more than one, which would be cool for the next dominant species.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Not saying what I think should happen...but what I think would happen:

Lets be real, our defense has been the better unit down the stretch here.  Brady helped the offense, but the defense has been more impressive.  And if we did get upset by Steelers, its likely our offense that sputters given Steelers are not exactly lighting up scoreboards.  

So unless it was a bad blow out loss, I would think McD is probably safe at this point with management and a poor showing by the offense with TJ Watt out would put Brady's return in serious doubt and he probably wouldn't be back.    

McD is back in a LOT of peoples good graces right now...but watch how fast they turn on him again if we lose this game.  But end of the day, its about what the people who employ him think and I think they will give him one more season after the comeback to win a 4th straight AFCE Title and the 2 seed again, especially considering how well he has the defense playing during the final stretch.  

4 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

You have to tear it down.  You have had a coach and GM that has tried for 7 seasons to get you to a super bowl.  This team has only had two good runs and that was the 20 & 21 years where they lost to KC both times. 

McD is and should be on the hot seat.  Everything wrong with this team can be traced back to him and the OC.

He and other coaches on this team truly lacks the coaching acumen that Andy Reid, Shanahan, Harbaugh or any other elite HC's have.

This team always seems to self destruct for the most unlikely reasons.  There is never any accountability back to McD.  

At least we never have heard or seen a press conference after a loss where he completely takes the blame for a loss.

He deflects blame 100% of the time.

We have had some really bad FA signing's Von Miller and there are more too.  Personally Von Miller was not worth the contract the Bills offered him.

It never should have happened.  He needs to go.

Regarding the comment about tearing it down, regardless how this season ends (this weekend or early Feb)....it's no secret that this team is going to look vastly different next year given the pending salary cap nightmare that Beane (most likely) will have to sort out.

Many of these veterans are going to be long gone and/or not resigned and it will be true reset/soft rebuild which is critical in the sense that it will dictate how soon the next window will open for Josh Allen and other core players in the long term plans.

But this is also why I felt that if this season went up in flames, which appeared to be the case after the Broncos MNF game, that it was the ideal time to start over with a new head coach and schemes better designed to win in the playoffs.

So again, if this team does fails yet again...especially if they can't advance past the divisional round which sadly I predict is going to be the case...there has to be serious discussions regarding coaching, and the schemes in place. We all know this defense has looked great in the regular season before only to basically implode come playoff time and that's what I'll personally be watching closely.

Let's address this if it happens.  

Seriously though, I wouldn't expect any major changes even if we do lose.  Pegula seems to be taking the path of least resistance until the Stadium is up.  Why should he care about winning when he doesn't have to.  

So far any changes have been window-dressing changes.  

If we can't win this game, McD would be 4-6 in the playoffs with three Wild-Card Round wins over teams seeded 7th (twice) and 6th, and a single divisional win vs. another 5th seed.  

All that with Josh Allen as his QB.  The intangibles appear to mean more to many than the tangibles and actual outcomes.  

Expect more of the same with a continued revolving-door of OCs and scapegoat firings.  

McD is like a cat with 9 lives.  

In the meantime, GO BILLS!!!  

Let's win this game and hope for KC at home to blow them out too!  

Edited by PBF81

4 hours ago, rm -rf /* said:

Ah yes, as if you nancies don't get enough opportunities to gripe.  No, we have to have hypothetical gripe threads.

Brilliant.

This isn't a gripe thread. You might want to work on your reading comprehension.

4 hours ago, teef said:

i can't be bothered here.  i've very busy trying to figure out what happens if the moon smashes into the earth. 

I think we are all OK if we hide under our desks. We practiced that as a kid, I’ve got the technique down. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

this may be one of those, 'Cross that bridge if it happens' type deals. In this land of make believe futures, what did out offense and defense do in your imagination? Did any players play well, or not so well. Did we adjust at half time, was it a make believe shoot out, or a make believe defensive battle, or a make believe blow out? what kind of imaginary scenario are we pretending here?

The Bills have had one of the best rosters in the league for several years but haven't ultimately achieved the successes they're capable of. I do respect what McDermott has done for the franchise and his helping to change the team's culture. I however also believe he's been holding the team back in clutch moments by making crucial decisions that end up losing games. I believe in some ways that he bit off more than he could chew by deciding to be both head coach and defensive coordinator. If this team fizzles out again in the playoffs and loses to an inferior opponent, due to more bad and or stupid decisions, should Beane think about going after Belichick? Imagine where he could take this loaded team with a franchise quarterback and elite defense. We could even keep McDermott on as defensive coordinator if he'd be willing to stay. No hard feelings Sean, but Bill's proven legacy when he's had elite talent speaks for itself. These are certainly things a great owner or GM should be considering. A man can dream can't he?

2 minutes ago, Herb said:

The Bills have had one of the best rosters in the league for several years but haven't ultimately achieved the successes they're capable of. I do respect what McDermott has done for the franchise and his helping to change the team's culture. I however also believe he's been holding the team back in clutch moments by making crucial decisions that end up losing games. I believe in some ways that he bit off more than he could chew by deciding to be both head coach and defensive coordinator. If this team fizzles out again in the playoffs and loses to an inferior opponent, due to more bad and or stupid decisions, should Beane think about going after Belichick? Imagine where he could take this loaded team with a franchise quarterback and elite defense. We could even keep McDermott on as defensive coordinator if he'd be willing to stay. No hard feelings Sean, but Bill's proven legacy when he's had elite talent speaks for itself. These are certainly things a great owner or GM should be considering. A man can dream can't he?

If he has another 13 second debacle he should definitely be shown the door, I don’t expect that to happen but Bellichick is not the answer, it would be gross

Edited by julian

Just now, julian said:

If he has another 13 second debacle he should definitely e shown the door, I don’t expect that to happen but Bellichick is not the answer, it would be gross

Maybe not ideal, but if it gets us a Super Bowl isn't it worth it?

Just now, eball said:

What, the first thread wasn’t enough and you needed to start two?  Geez, @Herb

Accidental

1 minute ago, Herb said:

Maybe not ideal, but if it gets us a Super Bowl isn't it worth it?

Accidental

So delete one!  Or better yet, delete them both and we can talk about the offseason when it’s actually the offseason!

2 minutes ago, eball said:

So delete one!  Or better yet, delete them both and we can talk about the offseason when it’s actually the offseason!

Deleted the other one

I'm as excited as everyone else that we probably have the best chance this season with the Chiefs being vulnerable and the Ravens tendency to choke in the playoffs lately. I just don't have much faith in McDermott being able to make the right decisions when it matters most.

I hope they provide us with solid football and great entertainment for as many weeks as possible. Every week is a treat, so I’ll sit back and enjoy it rather than fret over how we might complain next. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Herb said:

Deleted the other one

I'm as excited as everyone else that we probably have the best chance this season with the Chiefs being vulnerable and the Ravens tendency to choke in the playoffs lately. I just don't have much faith in McDermott being able to make the right decisions when it matters most.

I’m sure you’ll get some bites from the other negative ninnies on the board, but I’d prefer to focus on, and am excited about, what’s ahead of us on the football field.  

23 minutes ago, Herb said:

McD is definitely a roadblock standing in the way of the player’s success week to week it seems.

It’s a lot like a video game. Josh is player 1 and has to fight his way through a tough level only to find out that he has to beat the big boss at the end, who happens to be McD, before he can go to the next level.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.