Meanwhile, over at FinHeaven....

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes . The bears literally haven't developed a quarterback since world war II

Any quarterback going there , is basically the end of your career historically

Jay was on his way over here to argue with you, but then…giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9525a1robd8t4mh8p7mkk

• Haha (+1) 6

Gonna be interesting to see what the Dols do with Tua.  He's got the 5th year tender at $23M for next year, but do they give him $50M/year or wait out the season and possibly see it rise even further?

10 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

My co-worker is a HUGE Fins fan, but HATES Tua...hates lefty QBs

I actually really like Tua as a person and he is a quick decision-maker, but he’s not special like josh is. He still a top 12 QB in this league though. I’ll tell you this Penix kid reminds me of a bigger, stronger version of Tua.

18 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Tons of Tua and McDaniel are frauds and they need to both go threads also.

The lack of confidence among some in their fan base is surprising.  Tua was the MVP four weeks ago, now he’s a fraud.  McDaniel went from offensive genius to getting fired!

How McDaniel built the entire offense around Tyreek is special.  He’s one of the best offensive minds in my opinions. Is he a great game day coach?  It too early to tell,  but he’s made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons in his first two season so he’s earned more time.  

I think Tua is very limited as a QB.  He’s proven to be above average but he needs a lot of things going to well to be successful.  Miami is in a tough spot as far as a new contract.  They might be hopeful the takes a Daniel Jones contract which pays him well but not in the top 5 QB salaries.  

15 hours ago, mannc said:

Chicago is about to get a massive influx of talent, thanks to astute draft day trades.  If they decide to keep Fields they are going to get a massive haul for the pick they got from Carolina…they will possibly be able to add MHJ or Odunze to their receiving corps, to go along with DJ Moore…the Bears’ future is bright indeed.

They aren’t keeping Fields.  Most have them taking Caleb Williams.  Also they are keeping Matt Eberfluss as HC so… good luck with the astute team 

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

Gonna be interesting to see what the Dols do with Tua.  He's got the 5th year tender at $23M for next year, but do they give him $50M/year or wait out the season and possibly see it rise even further?

Pay him the $23 million & play hardball on any extension before season 6. Do what Baltimore did with Lamar.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Fields has had one of the worst supporting players can have. About as bad as 2018 Bills oline nad WR group. He needs a new team.

Whats Chicago do with that pick?! It seems Fields is the flavor of the month again, so Harrison Jr.. Instant elite offense. Moore is beyond good. Or they trade it (again) and I can’t imagine a better haul of picks in back to back drafts that Chicago could have. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

As a Dolphins fan I am not surprised you are rooting for them next week. Nice of you to pop by and tell us about it though. Your own forum a bit too depressing today?

I think KC forum would be more fun for him.

20 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I actually really like Tua as a person and he is a quick decision-maker, but he’s not special like josh is. He still a top 12 QB in this league though. I’ll tell you this Penix kid reminds me of a bigger, stronger version of Tua.

As of now, he doesn't look like a QB who is the best pick of the draft... clearly against a top defense he looks rattled and inaccurate. I hope this reply makes me eat my words, but we'll see.

Imagine Tua without Hill, Waddle or Mostert because they have to pay Tua the stud amount and can’t afford those pieces….he will be substantially worse. 

Edited by Bockeye

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

As of now, he doesn't look like a QB who is the best pick of the draft... clearly against a top defense he looks rattled and inaccurate. I hope this reply makes me eat my words, but we'll see.

He's a 6th year QB playing college lol

He's not gonna be the top pick... But he can go in the top 65

He is better than a lot of the QBs from this class ... But he isn't elite 

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Oh he’s not the best in this class BUT this is an epic QB class. Williams, Maye, Nix and Penix are all top 10 worthy and in most draft would be a top 3 pick. I personally love Nix but Maye has the biggest upside and Williams is a freak of nature so I get why those 2 will probably go before him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

The lack of confidence among some in their fan base is surprising.  Tua was the MVP four weeks ago, now he’s a fraud.  McDaniel went from offensive genius to getting fired!

How McDaniel built the entire offense around Tyreek is special.  He’s one of the best offensive minds in my opinions. Is he a great game day coach?  It too early to tell,  but he’s made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons in his first two season so he’s earned more time.  

I think Tua is very limited as a QB.  He’s proven to be above average but he needs a lot of things going to well to be successful.  Miami is in a tough spot as far as a new contract.  They might be hopeful the takes a Daniel Jones contract which pays him well but not in the top 5 QB salaries.  

They aren’t keeping Fields.  Most have them taking Caleb Williams.  Also they are keeping Matt Eberfluss as HC so… good luck with the astute team 

Tua is basically Chad Pennington (pre-injury).  That’s not a bad thing per se, but it requires him to have a perfect set of circumstances to make it work.  You know, eventually, if you press him and he can’t drive a ball you will have a chance to take it away.   He’s a better decision maker than JA, but Allen is so much better physically, he can do shtuff others can’t.   I wouldn’t pay a guy like Tua, you have to have talent around him to make him great, not the other way around, if you drop 50 M a year, you’ll find yourself in trouble. 

Fields is a whole different debate.  Are we watching the 2019 version of Allen right now?  Or are we watching big Tyrod?  Tough spot to be in for the Bears.  They never gave the kid a supporting cast, their organization is run like a circus monkey is making decisions, for his sake, I hope he goes to ATL and we see what he can be w talent around him.

• Like (+1) 4

19 hours ago, Nelius said:

I think this is the third time now this weekend that I’ve seen Fields tossed around as a solution for teams. Man it pays to be a C-level QB with some starting experience that can run. Years ago we called that Tyrod Taylor.

Taylor is much smarter, Fields is much faster.  Taylor had several shots at showing teams he could be The Guy, and never managed it.  Fields was a bust the first couple of years but did well enough this year to tease the Bears.  I have no idea what the Bears will do.  They could trade Fields and draft Caleb Williams, which will keep them with a starting QB on rookie pay a few years longer but force a rising team to put up with rookie mistakes. I think they'll keep their money on Fields and let it ride.  

2 hours ago, Taro Nimbus said:

So it’s just as bad as this place after a loss. 

Actually it's much worse in Miami.  We never have anyone calling to cut or trade Josh Allen, or replace him with a flaky maybe-talent like Fields.  The Bills are built on D to stop passing attacks like Miami's, and rushing attacks as well.  Miami is not built to stop the Bills.

30 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Oh he’s not the best in this class BUT this is an epic QB class. Williams, Maye, Nix and Penix are all top 10 worthy and in most draft would be a top 3 pick. I personally love Nix but Maye has the biggest upside and Williams is a freak of nature so I get why those 2 will probably go before him.

And yet, it's most likely only one of them will end up being good. Crazy.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I was just amazed at how bills fans invaded Miami for the game and a little participation that they had from their own fans

This was in all essence of playoff game, and you couldn’t even represent your own team

I can't imagine so many Miami fans following their team to Buffalo for a similar game.  Of course a lot of the Buffalo fans were also there for a mid-winter weather break, but how was it possible for so many of them to get tickets?  

13 hours ago, RiotAct said:

yeah it’s pretty damn crazy how mediocre Bears QBs have been throughout history! 

And yet that 85 team ...

13 hours ago, NoSaint said:

feels good that we aren’t posting fire Danny crossman anymore. 

Some really cynical Bills fan should sneak onto the Miami board and defend Crossman.  Keeping him is subtraction by standing still.

13 hours ago, ganesh said:

HIs players collided with each other.  I don't think the coach has anything to do with that punt return

Suggestion:  Sneak onto the Miami board and post that, encouraging Miami to hold on to their very special Special Teams coach.  

12 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If it’s unlikely they’ll beat the bills twice in a row I just don’t see how they make it out of @kc @bal.  They seem to be much better at home too and we’re not great on the road.  I think seeing us again in Miami was bad odds for them but their best odds at the same time lol. 
The name of the game is def avoiding Baltimore as long as possible 

I'm really hoping it works out that Cleveland goes into Baltimore and beats the Ravens, and uses up all their mojo doing it, before coming to Buffalo for the AFCCG.  

59 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

So… next week?

Won't hurt my feelings If the fish bite back next week and munch down on cry baby Mahomes and his Swifty toy boy Kelce.

Much to Taylors dismay ( she secretly thinks about Josh Allen )

In the Holiday spirit of things

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NeverOutNick said:

Been watching Penix all night and man, he looks terrible.

Criticism of Tua for not being Josh seems a little unfair.  He's a very good Tua, really as Tuas go.  He's in a system where he has a job to do, and he does it well, against weaker competition that can't figure out the timing of his offense.  The reason he loses against winning teams is that the winning teams have better Ds and better DCs, and they're on to him.  

In contrast to Tua Josh IS the system.  Ever since Dorsey left and the Bills figured they might as well go ahead and use their best player, Josh has been Josh.  Sometimes great, sometimes pretty bad (New England game), and sometimes both.  Restraining him does not work. 

You know the expression, "you pay your quarter and you take your chance"?  We've paid our quarter and we're not switching now.

10 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I was thinking the same thing - what an idiot!  He was in a walking boot yesterday and now, in the biggest game of the season, he's putting more pressure on his bad wheel by doing backflips.  What a fool.  I don't question his talent - he's arguably the best WR in the league when healthy, but what a jackass.  He truly took stupidity to the next level.  If a Bills player that was critical to the team's success did that on a bad ankle, I would have been furious.

In the summer of 2022 we were driving through Chiefs country in Missouri and I stopped for gas.  Had my Bills hat on of course. The other guy at the pump had on a Chiefs hat and we had a really nice chat.  He told me that Hill, who had just been traded to Miami, was a royal pain on the Chiefs and was well gone from their point of view.  I always wondered if this was just sour grapes.  I think the answer is that the Chiefs really miss Hill on the field, and the Dolphins are happy to have him on the field but who knows what he's like in the locker room.  I didn't see any of the Dolphins players who watched Hill do his flip acting surprised or upset.  This apparently was SOP for Hill, and they're just used to it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Figster said:

Won't hurt my feelings If the fish bite back next week and munch down on cry baby Mahomes and his Swifty toy boy Kelce.

Much to Taylors dismay ( she secretly thinks about Josh Allen )

In the Holiday spirit of things

Shake it off is really about the unsavory Josh Allen thoughts that permeate her mind.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, corta765 said:

Apparently 80% of the NFL is built on native american burial grounds lol

Well, there have been Native Americans living (and dying) here for thousands of years, way before they were called Native Americans, and so there are probably a lot of burial grounds, most of which are totally forgotten.  So odds are, you're right.

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So funny you posted this cuz I was over there laughing and just enjoying tasting their tears.  They have soooooo much vile hatred of Bills, Josh Allen, Buffalo the city, Bills fans, etc...its crazy.  

I find it funny when they talk about how "low class" Buffalo and the people who live there are when the majority of their posters sound like they didn't even get a G.E.D. let alone a HS diploma and try and talk all tough and street lmao.  Especially when anyone I know who has gone to Buffalo will echo the same thing we felt when we were there...the city and near areas like Niagra Falls are beautiful, the people are incredibly friendly and nice, and the food is great.  

Miami on the other hand is a cess pool while Buffalo is one of the fastest growing tech cities in the world and one of the fastest growing cities in the world of ages 18-35, a sign of a thriving city for youth and employment.  And I am born and raised in CA, so I am not saying that as a homer as I have never lived in Buffalo.  

Also not much risk of Buffalo being under water in 20 years.  Also I'm pretty sure it's easier to get homeowner's insurance in Buffalo than anywhere in Florida.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Criticism of Tua for not being Josh seems a little unfair.  He's a very good Tua, really as Tuas go.  He's in a system where he has a job to do, and he does it well, against weaker competition that can't figure out the timing of his offense.  The reason he loses against winning teams is that the winning teams have better Ds and better DCs, and they're on to him.  

In contrast to Tua Josh IS the system.  Ever since Dorsey left and the Bills figured they might as well go ahead and use their best player, Josh has been Josh.  Sometimes great, sometimes pretty bad (New England game), and sometimes both.  Restraining him does not work. 

You know the expression, "you pay your quarter and you take your chance"?  We've paid our quarter and we're not switching now.

I don’t have an issue with Tua at all, except for the fact that Miami fans all year were saying that he was better than Josh Allen

Josh Allen is a generational quarterback despite the turnovers. This guy literally can do things that nobody else in the league can do.

It’s not just the fact that he can make every throw

It’s everything else too

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

Dak does not fit in that first group. 

And I think Stroud does.  That kid's got an ARM.

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t have an issue with Tua at all, except for the fact that Miami fans all year were saying that he was better than Josh Allen

Josh Allen is a generational quarterback despite the turnovers. This guy literally can do things that nobody else in the league can do.

It’s not just the fact that he can make every throw

It’s everything else too

How many other QBs could make the run for a first down in the 4th quarter, that Josh did last night?  NONE.  How many would even try?  Same answer.

6 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Tua is a very good QB IMO. Accuracy off the charts. Taking players like Waddle and Moster out of the equation and lucky for us, Miami becomes much more defendable IMO.

Comparing anyone to Josh Allen not named Patrick Mahomes is unfair IMO. 

Bills fans truly do have something special in number 17...

About the second half last night...did Miami put out a missing persons report on Achane after halftime?  He was tearing it up in the first half, and the Dolphins had the lead so they could have kept on running.  Did McDaniel outsmart himself by moving away from the run?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.