Meanwhile, over at FinHeaven....

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes . The bears literally haven't developed a quarterback since world war II

Any quarterback going there , is basically the end of your career historically

Jay was on his way over here to argue with you, but then…giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9525a1robd8t4mh8p7mkk

• Haha (+1) 6

Gonna be interesting to see what the Dols do with Tua.  He's got the 5th year tender at $23M for next year, but do they give him $50M/year or wait out the season and possibly see it rise even further?

10 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

My co-worker is a HUGE Fins fan, but HATES Tua...hates lefty QBs

I actually really like Tua as a person and he is a quick decision-maker, but he’s not special like josh is. He still a top 12 QB in this league though. I’ll tell you this Penix kid reminds me of a bigger, stronger version of Tua.

18 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Tons of Tua and McDaniel are frauds and they need to both go threads also.

The lack of confidence among some in their fan base is surprising.  Tua was the MVP four weeks ago, now he’s a fraud.  McDaniel went from offensive genius to getting fired!

How McDaniel built the entire offense around Tyreek is special.  He’s one of the best offensive minds in my opinions. Is he a great game day coach?  It too early to tell,  but he’s made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons in his first two season so he’s earned more time.  

I think Tua is very limited as a QB.  He’s proven to be above average but he needs a lot of things going to well to be successful.  Miami is in a tough spot as far as a new contract.  They might be hopeful the takes a Daniel Jones contract which pays him well but not in the top 5 QB salaries.  

15 hours ago, mannc said:

Chicago is about to get a massive influx of talent, thanks to astute draft day trades.  If they decide to keep Fields they are going to get a massive haul for the pick they got from Carolina…they will possibly be able to add MHJ or Odunze to their receiving corps, to go along with DJ Moore…the Bears’ future is bright indeed.

They aren’t keeping Fields.  Most have them taking Caleb Williams.  Also they are keeping Matt Eberfluss as HC so… good luck with the astute team 

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

Gonna be interesting to see what the Dols do with Tua.  He's got the 5th year tender at $23M for next year, but do they give him $50M/year or wait out the season and possibly see it rise even further?

Pay him the $23 million & play hardball on any extension before season 6. Do what Baltimore did with Lamar.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Fields has had one of the worst supporting players can have. About as bad as 2018 Bills oline nad WR group. He needs a new team.

Whats Chicago do with that pick?! It seems Fields is the flavor of the month again, so Harrison Jr.. Instant elite offense. Moore is beyond good. Or they trade it (again) and I can’t imagine a better haul of picks in back to back drafts that Chicago could have. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

As a Dolphins fan I am not surprised you are rooting for them next week. Nice of you to pop by and tell us about it though. Your own forum a bit too depressing today?

I think KC forum would be more fun for him.

20 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I actually really like Tua as a person and he is a quick decision-maker, but he’s not special like josh is. He still a top 12 QB in this league though. I’ll tell you this Penix kid reminds me of a bigger, stronger version of Tua.

As of now, he doesn't look like a QB who is the best pick of the draft... clearly against a top defense he looks rattled and inaccurate. I hope this reply makes me eat my words, but we'll see.

Imagine Tua without Hill, Waddle or Mostert because they have to pay Tua the stud amount and can’t afford those pieces….he will be substantially worse. 

Edited by Bockeye

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

As of now, he doesn't look like a QB who is the best pick of the draft... clearly against a top defense he looks rattled and inaccurate. I hope this reply makes me eat my words, but we'll see.

He's a 6th year QB playing college lol

He's not gonna be the top pick... But he can go in the top 65

He is better than a lot of the QBs from this class ... But he isn't elite 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.