Bills at Dolphins post game thread

HappyDays

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

On the third quote, my response would be why do we only seem to see it happen between Josh and Davis? Doesn’t seem to be an issue with anyone other receiver.

Because all of Gabe’s routes are 90-yards down the field because he has as much ability to turn as Titanic. 

• Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Allen has been balling out when using PA all season.  The problem?  We don't use enough of it.  It needs to be a much bigger part of the offense.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Didn't really want to make a new thread about this, but did anyone else see Josh get pissed off in a hurry about something Wilkins was doing to him at the bottom of a pile?

It was on the failed 3rd down QB sneak in the 4th quarter (the one where we got it on 4th down).

Wilkins is such a dirty sob.

He was trying to twist his ankle and Allen got up and out of there. He's a punk.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

One of the few measured responses from WGR.

(paraphrasing)

”Conventionally you throw the ball inside”

“Traditionally that’s on the QB”

”Bit we’ve seen this miscommunication between these two a lot. Unsure it’s on Josh or Gabe. But most would say the QB on individual plays”

Josh was 90% good tonight which rocks. But the 10% he was off wasn’t missing a 3rd down it was head scratchers.

If we win a SB it’s because he’s amazing.

If we lose it will be something like him being 34/40 2TD and 2INT in FG range and lose by 3.

I love Josh. He’s the best thing to happen to this franchise but he also keeps me up at night. 

But these misses seem to happen most often with Davis.  I thought that the passing game looked a lot less frenzied and much more efficient after he went out of the game.  Now whether this was the result of Allen settling down or that Davis is a bit of a lose cannon on pass play patterns is unknown.

One thing I will say is on Shakir's long run after the WR screen Davis threw a hell of a block to spring him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Fallser said:

***** HELL, GREat halftime adjustments1!!! I NEEED TO WALKT THIS ONE OFF...

HEY-A-A- AAA!

I believe Miami only had 47 yards in the 2nd half.

1 hour ago, Chuck Schick said:

Key play: Alec Ingold’s cheap blindside block penalty  gave Miami a 2nd and 30 and derailed any chance at a drive.  Early 4th Q. Ended up punting a couple plays later, the rest is history. 

That was incredibly cheap play by Ingold. I lost all respect for him. He's got 50 pounds on Taron and feels the need to cheap shot him? Very glad the officials spotted that.

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

I remember when Trevor Lawrence and Justin Herbert were supposed to rule the AFC

bwahahahahaha

Those two collectively couldn't carry Josh's jock. Did you guys see the final 4th down incompletion that Lawrence threw? That was a pathetic concession of the game... as if he was throwing a white flag, not a football. Josh would have pulled the ball down and figured out a way to get past the first down marker.

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

There must be 2 dozen posters scrubbing their panic posts off the 1st half thread, amirite

I don't understand 2 things about the game threads:

1. Why would anyone post there? No one is reading and everyone is posting crap and bad takes.
  2. Why would anyone read it? It's a bunch of people with bad takes and if you have a good take, it's gonna get buried under an avalanche of shhyyyttt.
  3. It interferes with actually watching the game.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I want to shout out Ryan Van Demark. He had to come into the game cold when Dawkins left for a couple drives, playing one of the most critical roles on the offense. Last year in a similar situation we had Quessenberry replace Dawkins and our offense couldn't even function. With Van Demark we didn't miss a beat. The kid was ready when his number was called.

McBeane has to get extremely high marks for this roster construction. Top to bottom this is easily the Bills best team of this regime. It's gotten better every year as it should and you have 2nd and 3rd stringers making huge contributions. Van Demark yes but also Baylen Spector and though Dane Jackson isn't Rasul Douglas, he's the equal of Levi Wallace who's starting for the Steelers. Jackson's our 3rd cornerback IF you don't count Tre White.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

And Dane.  Dane was HUGE.

Dane didn't shrink in the moment. He competed. Kudos for not being a deer in the headlights.

58 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Josh Allen in a "Bad Game" against the Dolphins:

He wasn't perfect by any means.  But when the game is on the line and you need to just "find a way", I don't think there is another QB in the NFL right now I want playing QB for my team.

He's constantly putting the team on his back and willing them to victory. I've never seen such determination in a quarterback.

56 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Even when Tua connects it’s a bit of a lofted duck. It’s all scheme and timing. Credit to him for being very smart and good at that, but he’s not in the same realm as Josh

Tua's a great guy but as a player, he's the AFC's version of Brock Purdy. It's insulting to knowledgeable observers of the NFL that he finished ahead of Josh in the Pro Bowl voting. What a mockery.

38 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

1pm on Sunday sucks 

Your's is a minority opinion. Most of the Bills fans and players strongly prefer the 1 pm Sunday kickoffs.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

But these misses seem to happen most often with Davis.  I thought that the passing game looked a lot less frenzied and much more efficient after he went out of the game.  Now whether this was the result of Allen settling down or that Davis is a bit of a lose cannon on pass play patterns is unknown.

One thing I will say is on Shakir's long run after the WR screen Davis threw a hell of a block to spring him.

Sherfield can throw blocks, too. And maybe he won't miss an all-out, zero blitz where his QB needs him to adjust and open-up early. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

That was a 7 yard gain without Gabe taking out 2 defenders. But yes, throwing to him is almost literally a coin flip. You can't trust a 50% guy... yet Josh keeps going to him despite the frequent negative plays that often result.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Quotes aside, I agree with you. 

Regarding the Davis block and Shakir, I agree. I actually think we have the right

pillars in the offense we just don’t engage them properly. I’m not re-signing Davis for his cost but I do think he’s a grey piece BEHIND a core of Diggs, Kincade, and Cook as features pass catchers.

I don’t view Davis as anything more

than Shakir. Given his cost I don’t need to.

The probem is the expectation for him to be Diggs lite. 

9 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

We are 10 point favorites against the Steelers. 

total craziness.

they are a bad matchup for buffalo.  They will stay with the run and throw to the backs over and over.  They are sound defensively and they are mentally tough.  

this is going to be a nail biter and that is before we get the injury report.  Pittsburgh will use the point spread as a motivating factor.  

I imagine beating the steelers will be harder than beating the dolphins was tonight.  The dolphins were banged up and they are sloppy and make lots of mistakes.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Jerboski said:

I think we all love Josh and it’s still okay to say he needs to play better starting next week 

wide open diggs bomb 

horrible pick in the redzone 

horrible decision to throw to a player in the middle of the field right before half 

another fumble 

he is amazing but that ***** has to get cleaned up 

Diggs throw: Agree

Pick in endzone: Also agree

Throw in the middle: Agree again. BUT…..I think Allen sees himself making a play like that, so by extension he sees others making plays like that. Like,Ty Johnson, I got you, you’ll get in. Go get it. 

12 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

I think we all love Josh and it’s still okay to say he needs to play better starting next week 

wide open diggs bomb 

horrible pick in the redzone 

horrible decision to throw to a player in the middle of the field right before half 

another fumble 

he is amazing but that ***** has to get cleaned up 

The end zone pick wasn’t a horrible throw. 
There was a miscommunication between Allen and Davis. Same route as in OT in the Philly game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Hey check this out.  This is the guy a bunch of fans told me should have been pulled in the 4th quarter because he was playing so bad..

What fans said Allen should be pulled?

...and replaced with the king of handing the ball off?

Just silly.

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

total craziness.

they are a bad matchup for buffalo.  They will stay with the run and throw to the backs over and over.  They are sound defensively and they are mentally tough.  

this is going to be a nail biter and that is before we get the injury report.  Pittsburgh will use the point spread as a motivating factor.  

I imagine beating the steelers will be harder than beating the dolphins was tonight.  The dolphins were banged up and they are sloppy and make lots of mistakes.  

The only bad matchup for Buffalo is themselves.  The only team that beats Buffalo is themselves?  Pittsburgh is by no means a bad matchup for Buffalo

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

total craziness.

Let’s enjoy tonight before we start talking ourselves into a frenzy. At the end of the day, it’s the Bills and everything they’ve been through this season against a Mason Rudolph led Steeles offense. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

You are NOT blaming that pick on Davis are you.  Allen 100000000% took a guess and threw it.  He was throwing before he even looked.

• Agree 4

Just now, Turbo44 said:

The only bad matchup for Buffalo is themselves.  The only team that beats Buffalo is themselves?  Pittsburgh is by no means a bad matchup for Buffalo

i hope you are right.  I just feel like buffalo's strength is playing teams who bail on running the ball in critical situations like KC, Dallas, Miami..etc..

teams that stay with the run and create easy third downs for their qb are hard for everyone and I think hard for the bills obviously.  The steelers are a smart sound team.

I actually hope rudolph doesn't play.  In the environment with bad field position pickett seems to be a mistake waiting to happen.  

I just simply do not like the steelers matchup.  

1 minute ago, KellyToTasker said:

Diggs throw: Agree

Pick in endzone: Also agree

Throw in the middle: Agree again. BUT…..I think Allen sees himself making a play like that, so by extension he sees others making plays like that. Like,Ty Johnson, I got you, you’ll get in. Go get it. 

I think a lot of those not-so-good decisions with the ball get cleaned up if they can stop leaking so much pressure up the middle and Allen can get into a rhythm.

He and Diggs have just been off on the deep shots all year, but still glad they took that shot and it would have been sweet to get another play like that over on Ramsey.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

You are NOT blaming that pick on Davis are you.  Allen 100000000% took a guess and threw it.  He was throwing before he even looked.

I am. Or maybe it was on both players as Allen thought Davis was going to settle down where he was and Davis thought Allen would wait until he broke open over the middle.  But as is being discussed on another thread this miscommunication seems to happen almost exclusively between Davis and Allen. Allen threw the ball low because he saw that Davis had leverage on the DB who was behind him.

9 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

total craziness.

They looked like it last year. The game shouldn't be close.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Dan Darragh said:

Give the man credit, that block was a thing of beauty.

That's what I'm saying. It was a great block by Gabe. Shakir doesn't even get a first down without that block.

I just hate how inconsistent pass plays going to Gabe turn out.

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

I think a lot of those not-so-good decisions with the ball get cleaned up if they can stop leaking so much pressure up the middle and Allen can get into a rhythm.

He and Diggs have just been off on the deep shots all year, but still glad they took that shot and it would have been sweet to get another play like that over on Ramsey.

Diggs definitely let Ramsey know he got toasted by him, he wasn’t going to let it go by unnoticed.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Let’s enjoy tonight before we start talking ourselves into a frenzy. At the end of the day, it’s the Bills and everything they’ve been through this season against a Mason Rudolph led Steeles offense. 

Until Baltimore the only team that can beat the bills is the bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Too many miscommunications on critical plays. If these are option based routes dumb it down. If other team shows all out blitz do this and don't leave anything up for interpretation. Davis seems to be the worst at these as well.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

that was last year.  Zero to do with this game.  

lets just enjoy tonight

If you are afraid of Mason Rudolph and an average at best D without TJ Watt, maybe you should take up knitting or something. These games are going to be too much for you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jayg said:

Until Baltimore the only team that can beat the bills is the bills. 

Good thing they’re undefeated against themselves (Bills) in the last five weeks. 

Just now, Big Turk said:

If you are afraid of Mason Rudolph and an average at best D without TJ Watt, maybe you should take up knitting or something. These games are going to be too much for you.

Right? Doesn’t matter who the Bills play right now, so many people will convince themselves why it’s a bad matchup.

Texans would be Stroud, Dolphins would be their offense, Cleveland would be their defense, etc. 

Bills are legit. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KellyToTasker said:

Good thing they’re undefeated against themselves (Bills) in the last five weeks. 

If they can put it all together for the next month it will be a thing of beauty! 🤞🤙

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I am. Or maybe it was on both players as Allen thought Davis was going to settle down where he was and Davis thought Allen would wait until he broke open over the middle.  But as is being discussed on another thread this miscommunication seems to happen almost exclusively between Davis and Allen. Allen threw the ball low because he saw that Davis had leverage on the DB who was behind him.

First let me say Allen was an absolute maniac in the second half.  The 3rd and 15ish run was other worldly as were several other plays.  We don’t win without him and I don’t really think any other QB in the league could have pulled off what he did.

But…..on the play in question….it was designed to go to the right.  It wasn’t open, there was pressure….a sack equals three points…..As the 415th option on the play Gabe had to improvise, which he did.  He wasn’t running some sort of option route like that other game.  Allen has to know that.  Allen guessed at where Gabe might be because he didn’t have time to actually look.  It was a dumb play by Allen and only Allen.  Gabe’s percentage of the blame is equal to Blutarsky’s GPA.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.