Steelers @ Ravens 4:30pm Game Thread

Process

Just now, Roundybout said:

Ravens treating this like a preseason game. Oh well. It’ll be fun to watch them lose in the first round again 

Amen to that !!!

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

This why it’s good to control our own destiny.  If we can’t beat Miami, we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. I’m at peace with it…

I was at peace with this season after that Denver game. I didn't think we were a playoff team at that point but then we went on a run. If we get in, it'll be great & they will have earned it.

Today our season stands on a knife's edge, our backs against the wall. This team can decide who it wants to be with a win or a loss today.

I just hope we execute to the best of our ability, controlling the things we can.. Its one thing battling the other team or the refs, but when you create negative plays for yourself, or you turn the ball over, its just not the way I want to go out.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Its not about rest.  Its about not risking season ending injury when you are the favorite going into the playoffs.  Lamar or some other key players get hurt and the coach should be fired.  This game is meaningless.

Not to mention the weather/field concerns. The idea of the Ravens playing starters in this particular game is absurd. 

Gonna need some wild turnovers.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

Think they were trying to get a PI on that play.

That’s what it felt like, but It’s still OK to try to catch the ball. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

No team purposely loses to hope another doesn’t make the playoffs.

Every player on the field is trying. Tale of the tape. Backup guys are looking for more money down the road and wouldn’t take a game off.

Collectively are they not as deep as I thought?  That could be it.

4 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

The Ravens rested their starters the last week in 2019 when they alsi had the 1 seed locked up. They wound up getting trounced by Tennessee in the divisional round. Bold decision by them to try the same thing again.... 

True.  But in their 2012 SB run, they lost their final game, finished 10-6 and won the Wild Card and rolled on.  Harbaugh has seen losing the final game in both extremes.

Just now, davefan66 said:

No team purposely loses to hope another doesn’t make the playoffs.

Every player on the field is trying. Tale of the tape. Backup guys are looking for more money down the road and wouldn’t take a game off.

Collectively are they not as deep as I thought?  That could be it.

Pittsburg is also better than people are giving them credit for.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Why would they flex this game to Saturday? Means nothing. This looks like a one sided pre season game.   

Trouble is what other options did they have? Suppose they could have gone for Texans at Colts followed by Titans at Jags and focus purely on the AFC South. But other than Texans at Colts and Bills at Dolphins, no week 18 games really stand out as potential thrillers. If they moved Falcons at Saints earlier, a Falcons win would secure the Bucs the division without playing.

3 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Any team in playoffs ain’t gonna want the Bills to get in. This game is already over. Bills better bring their A game tomorrow 

That’s right. I know teams don’t “throw” games but winning would be detrimental to the ravens. They know the bills are the best team after them. 

Edited by stevestojan

42 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Again, I am so jealous Pittsburgh gets to play a teams backups. What a nice spot to be in. What's worse is I feel like The Ravens might purposely tank this one. I will watch, but if it gets out of hand I don't think I can stomach it. I get Baltimore resting their starters, but by the time they play again it will have been three weeks. That is wild to me.

You should be jealous that we control our own destiny. They can win and be out

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.