Around the NFL Week 17

aristocrat

2 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Is the Dockers guy with the rolled up sleeves a parody of the election night electoral college districts map weirdos, or is this serious? Can’t be serious, right..? He says nothing that’s not obvious and clear. 

He’s a nerd and I can’t stand him either way. 

NBC should have picked another dude and made more fun out of it.

2 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Is the Dockers guy with the rolled up sleeves a parody of the election night electoral college districts map weirdos, or is this serious? Can’t be serious, right..? He says nothing that’s not obvious and clear. 

No, that's him, Steve Kornacki, MSNBC's guy, and he's entirely serious, unfortunately.

Too bad they can't have CNN's election night guy, Harry Enten -- a Buffalo guy -- doing this.

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Our Playoffs started off against Kansas City.

Our playoffs started against the dogass Jets, actually, after the Denver game.  Every game has been pretty much must-win, and we've won them all except that stupid Philly game.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Same guy and I noticed earlier ESPN has a similar dude. 🤣🤣

Edited by jayg
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I need a moment. So to our national media, explaining the NFL playoff picture is equally as crucial as covered fair and free elections. Perfect. 

Some would say it's more important.  🤔

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I feel like the bengals would beat every NFC team in the playoff or in the hunt not named Detroit or San Francisco by a TD...and they did beat SF this year.

The nfc is pretty awful.  I hope the lions find a way.  

Brad Allens mistake directly changed the nfl playoff picture.  Detroit should be the 2, Philly should be the 3 and Dallas should be the 5.

amazing that it happened.

20 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I need a moment. So to our national media, explaining the NFL playoff picture is equally as crucial as covered fair and free elections. Perfect. 

Steve has a cult following of people that love his energy with the numbers.  That is why NBC puts him on.   It has nothing to do with anything else.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Vomit 1

32 minutes ago, jayg said:

Same guy and I noticed earlier ESPN has a similar dude

ESPN couldn’t afford the election guy. They literally joked about it their version. He’s got his folksy plaid shirt — oh, no, not real plaid hunting gear!!!!! Just LL Bean plaid allowed

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I feel like the bengals would beat every NFC team in the playoff or in the hunt not named Detroit or San Francisco by a TD...and they did beat SF this year.

The nfc is pretty awful.  I hope the lions find a way.  

Brad Allens mistake directly changed the nfl playoff picture.  Detroit should be the 2, Philly should be the 3 and Dallas should be the 5.

amazing that it happened.

Steve has a cult following of people that love his energy with the numbers.  That is why NBC puts him on.   It has nothing to do with anything else.

I don’t hate Kornacki, but I’m going to go ahead and assume his cult followers aren’t exactly avid football watchers.

I say this because I know two of them.  My cousin and his wife.   

Both in R&D for Pharma, both went to NC State. 

I figured I could talk to them about their football team.   They countered with women’s basketball and how impressive the marching band has been.  

cool cool …

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t hate Kornacki, but I’m going to go ahead and assume his cult followers aren’t exactly avid football watchers.

I say this because I know two of them.  My cousin and his wife.   

Both in R&D for Pharma, both went to NC State. 

I figured I could talk to them about their football team.   They countered with women’s basketball and how impressive the marching band has been.  

cool cool …

well yea that is steve's job and yea the political junkies who enjoy his work probably like seeing him on nbc snf.

he works elections for NBC so since they have him hired there already they put him on the broadcast to bring that energy.

There are no elections going on and so its all in fun.  

36 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

I just saw a commercial where a guy got into a car with Ray Lewis…not sure I would do that.

if you just killed a guy  that’s exactly the man you  want to get in a getaway car with to get rid of your bloody clothes

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, chongli said:

Stole the idea from Ryan:

I did NOT need to see Kirk Cousins shirltess

Does anyone else really really want to see GB make the playoffs, just because Aaron Rodgers isn’t there and his new team flubbed?

Well that play for the Vikings worked just like they drew it up

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Does anyone else really really want to see GB make the playoffs, just because Aaron Rodgers isn’t there and his new team flubbed?

I honestly like Cousins shirtless better than Fitzpatrick, lol!

And the NFL would love for GB to make the playoffs rather than Seattle or Minnesota! $$$$$$$$$

5 minutes ago, chongli said:

I honestly like Cousins shirtless better than Fitzpatrick, lol!

And the NFL would love for GB to make the playoffs rather than Seattle or Minnesota! $$$$$$$$$

It's the only time I think the NFL has some element of rig to it. NFL wants the Packers in there. They want Allen in the playoffs, especially a Mahomes @ Allen divisional round?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mynamemike said:

Sorry man, win or lose I don’t like prime time games when I gotta get up at 4:30 for work.  It particularly terrible when we lose.  

I do the same thing. I've got 300 middle schoolers lining up to break my balls when we lose. Try to enjoy it until you cant.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

all this musical QBs by the Vikes felt like an audition for a wider audience but today it looked like tanking

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.