Ravens-Niners Live Game Thread

Sierra Foothills

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

I am not at all scared to face Lamar Jackson. Keep his WRs moving, keep him in the pocket, cover the entire field and make him go deep...

This is where just about every defense runs into trouble. Just about every OC and QB says “force them to cover every blade of grass” during the pregame and/or half time. 

Just now, strive_for_five_guy said:

MVP odds shifting big time with this first half.  On DraftKings, Purdy now only -105, Lamar +300, CMC all the way down to +450 and Josh next at +1400.  CMC is the only one I’d consider an MVP over Josh.

What exactly has Lamar done to deserve it this year? Just goes to show that team record is the most important thing.

Bills finishing #2 seed would help Allen a lot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

No way, one of McD’s strengths is having time to prepare.  And you wouldn’t take 3 INTs from Purdy in the 1st half of the Super Bowl?

Sure, but I don’t think that would happen against us. 

I don’t know how some of you scoff at facing these teams on the big stage when McD’s been a massive choker in the postseason, especially in the biggest moments. 

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He's been terrible this game. At least half his passes have been off the mark. He handed the other team 2 points.

He also only had 6 yards rushing before that big run. We’ll see what is totals are at the end of the game.

He’s been pretty bad so far.

6 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

It was alluded to earlier in this topic but there has been some noise for SF OT Trent Williams for MVP.

I don't think it's possible but his name does come up.

McCaffrey is awesome but he does get awesome blocking too.

I remember maybe 8-10 years ago when I wanted the bills to sign Trent Williams and everyone told me he was too old.  Lol. Edit- I guess it was 4-5 years ago

I also saw the replays of Purdys picks.  Only one was bad the others were unlucky tips.  Hardly anything to really blame on him. 

Edited by peterpan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, peterpan said:

I remember maybe 8-10 years ago when I wanted the bills to sign Trent Williams and everyone told me he was too old.  Lol.

I also saw the replays of Purdys picks.  Only one was bad the others were unlucky tips.  Hardly anything to really blame on him. 

The 3rd pick was a bad throw that Purdy tried to force into a covered WR.  That was not the same as the 2nd pick whch was batted at the line and unlucky.

But who cares, I don't remember people making excuses for Allen's picks when they were the result of a WR being out muscled for the ball or the ball going through the hands of a WR for a pick.

• Like (+1) 3

I had to go double check the stats after hearing people saying they’d give the MVP to a RB… McCaffrey came into the game with 1200 yards rushing… so are we saying he’s winning the MVP because of the now 21 TDs ? And if yes, how does that stack up to previous RB seasons and MVP winners

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Or they've padded their record feasting off NFC softies......

It's really hard to say how good San Francisco is. Their best wins are over Dallas, Philly, and they've also beaten the Seahawks twice and the Rams once.

They've lost to Cleveland, Minnesota, Cinci, and the Raiders.

Like many I think their biggest question mark is QB.  Excellent O-line and skill position players surround him...

They're certainly good enough to win the Super Bowl but not head and shoulders above other top teams.

I would lean towards the Bills beating them in the Super Bowl just because how could you pick Brock Purdy over Josh Allen?

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Updated MVP ranked per me:

CMC

Winner of AFC East - Allen or Hill

Matt Stafford

Trent Williams (this is half serious; half)

Joe Flacco (I’m joking - or am I lol)

CJ Stroud 

AJ Brown 

Tua

Purdy 

Amon-Ra St. Brown 

McCaffery and Purdy are going to hurt each other will be an interesting MVP this year....if Allen leads the Bills to the AFC East hits 45 total TDS and gets to 5k yards it would be hard not to vote for him

1 minute ago, julian said:

I had to go double check the stats after hearing people saying they’d give the MVP to a RB… McCaffrey came into the game with 1200 yards rushing… so are we saying he’s winning the MVP because of the now 21 TDs ? And if yes, how does that stack up to previous RB seasons and MVP winners

he is going to have over 2k total yards 2k is the key number for a non QB to win it

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sierra Foothills said:

It's really hard to say how good San Francisco is. Their best wins are over Dallas, Philly, and they've also beaten the Seahawks twice and the Rams once.

They've lost to Cleveland, Minnesota, Cinci, and the Raiders.

Like many I think their biggest question mark is QB.  Excellent O-line and skill position players surround him...

They're certainly good enough to win the Super Bowl but not head and shoulders above other top teams.

I would lean towards the Bills beating them in the Super Bowl just because how could you pick Brock Purdy over Josh Allen?

McDermott vs. Shanahan

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I remember maybe 8-10 years ago when I wanted the bills to sign Trent Williams and everyone told me he was too old.  Lol. Edit- I guess it was 4-5 years ago

Isn't it the QBs fault when his passes are tipped?

1 minute ago, julian said:

I believe Adrian Peterson was the last RB to win MVP... in 2012.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Sure, but I don’t think that would happen against us. 

I don’t know how some of you scoff at facing these teams on the big stage when McD’s been a massive choker in the postseason, especially in the biggest moments. 

So you’d prefer we don’t even get to the Super Bowl at all?

• Haha (+1) 1

I said it in the MVP thread, that it should be CMC. CMC would be a monster with or without Purdy. Purdy wouldn't be having nearly the success he's had without CMC. He's gonna have well over 2,000 total yards and 25 or more total TD's. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.