Why is it so hard for fans to admit reality?

oldmanfan

The reality is we were lucky yesterday.  Josh was bad Josh until the last drive.  Cook had a pivotal fumble.  The defense let a guy with no experience in the league almost win the game for the Bolts.  The only guy that played really well was Oliver.  

Just admit they sucked yesterday and got lucky.  They won’t be that bad every game; I suspect they’ll squish the Fish like Josh always does.  But they sucked yesterday and have too many times this year against inferior competition and that’s why they’re in the position they’re in.

• Like (+1) 21
  • Vomit 11
  • Eyeroll 17
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 8
  • Agree 15
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 12

Will it make you feel better if a group of us all admit we got lucky? 

We have been on the opposite end of “luck” more times than any of us can count; we were due. Weird how many times we say the chiefs “got lucky.” Good teams find ways to win. Bad teams blame bad luck when they lose. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Will it make you feel better if a group of us all admit we got lucky? 

We have been on the opposite end of “luck” more times than any of us can count; we were due. Weird how many times we say the chiefs “got lucky.” Good teams find ways to win. Bad teams blame bad luck when they lose. 

Luck?

The way it’s looking we could be The House. And the house always wins. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The reality is we were lucky yesterday.  Josh was bad Josh until the last drive.  Cook had a pivotal fumble.  The defense let a guy with no experience in the league almost win the game for the Bolts.  The only guy that played really well was Oliver.  

Just admit they sucked yesterday and got lucky.  They won’t be that bad every game; I suspect they’ll squish the Fish like Josh always does.  But they sucked yesterday and have too many times this year against inferior competition and that’s why they’re in the position they’re in.

Lucky??!? OK then. There is no luck in football. It's called hard work. It's called endurance. It's called they had 8 full days off and we had 4 full days off, then we flew for 5 hours. It's called we are dinged up and so are they. It's called endurance. It's called hard work. It's called winning in the NFL. Get wrecked sandy!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

We were sloppy not lucky.

Overcoming 3 turnovers and a ref crew who kept the game close for Peacock was more than luck.

It’s a W. That’s all that matters. Nice to see we are coming out on the positive end of some of these close games.

We are on to New England*

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I mean, who cares?  We did enough to win.  A win is a win.  I would not say Josh sucked yesterday except the final drive. He had almost 72% completions 237 1TD passing and 2 more TDs running.  Did he miss some passes and throw an INT?  Yeah.  Thats not sucking though. Thats missing some passes and throwing an INT.  All qbs do that.  The oline is what sucked yesterday. Allowing pressure, causing penalties on big plays and killing drives.

This type of thing happens when you are on a short week and have to travel across the country and are playing basically a new team because there are no tendencies with a new coach and unknown QB.  As for the defense, I think you are too hard on them considering the players we are missing and further got banged up in this game plus turning the ball over 3 times to them.  The defense kept them kicking fgs all game except one TD drive.  On top of all that the refs were obviously one sided making every tacky call against us but not calling them for the same *****.

You can say we are lucky and think that.  I don't really care.  Dont tell me what to think.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Lucky??!? OK then. There is no luck in football. It's called hard work. It's called endurance. It's called they had 8 full days off and we had 4 full days off, then we flew for 5 hours. It's called we are dinged up and so are they. It's called endurance. It's called hard work. It's called winning in the NFL. Get wrecked sandy!

Much of what you’ve listed are BS excuses.  We stole one yesterday.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

We were sloppy not lucky.

Overcoming 3 turnovers and a ref crew who kept the game close for Peacock was more than luck.

It’s a W. That’s all that matters. Nice to see we are coming out on the positive end of some of these close games.

We are on to New England*

That might be a better description.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ve figured it all out. You are McDermott posting here under an alias. You’re an OldManFan. Even though McDermott isn’t actually old. His football philosophy is. He wants to run the ball 40 times a game and wants his QB to be a game manager. Anytime a QB takes a chance at a home run you quiver inside thinking it could have been 3 yards on the ground instead. Enjoy your hatred for a pass friendly football game and go watch highlights from Jim Brown games instead. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I mean, who cares?  We did enough to win.  A win is a win.  I would not say Josh sucked yesterday except the final drive. He had almost 72% completions 237 1TD passing and 2 more TDs running.  Did he miss some passes and throw an INT?  Yeah.  Thats not sucking though. Thats missing some passes and throwing an INT.  All qbs do that.  The oline is what sucked yesterday. Allowing pressure, causing penalties on big plays and killing drives.

This type of thing happens when you are on a short week and have to travel across the country and are playing basically a new team because there are no tendencies with a new coach and unknown QB.  As for the defense, I think you are too hard on them considering the players we are missing and further got banged up in this game plus turning the ball over 3 times to them.  The defense kept them kicking fgs all game except one TD drive.  On top of all that the refs were obviously one sided making every tacky call against us but not calling them for the same *****.

You can say we are lucky and think that.  I don't really care.  Dont tell me what to think.

So you’re telling me not to think what I think, but complain that I’m telling you what to think?  Right.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think we went into a game where they had a new offense and defense, so there was little prep we could do. The gameplan was vanilla, and it worked against some guy named Stick and the interim coaching staff. 

If we don't fumble/throw a pick, it's a runaway game for us in the 2nd half. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

If Toney’s foot isn’t over the line we are not in the playoffs right now.

Toney’s foot was over line most of game (Although Chiefs seemed to learn lesson in next game) but this time it was blocking ball and referee felt he could make penalty against Chiefs without getting in trouble.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

So you’re telling me not to think what I think, but complain that I’m telling you what to think?  Right.

Nope.  Think what you want to. Care to tell me how we got "lucky?"  Was it the part where we scored more points or was it lucky that some fluke ass 50 lateral ball didn't work for the Chargers at the end?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’ve figured it all out. You are McDermott posting here under an alias. You’re an OldManFan. Even though McDermott isn’t actually old. His football philosophy is. He wants to run the ball 40 times a game and wants his QB to be a game manager. Anytime a QB takes a chance at a home run you quiver inside thinking it could have been 3 yards on the ground instead. Enjoy your hatred for a pass friendly football game and go watch highlights from Jim Brown games instead. 

Last week we ran the ball down the Boys throat for an easy win.  Was that wrong?

No problem with a great passing game.  Josh woke up and won the game for us.  But if he and the team had been awake from opening kickoff on that would have been an easy win yesterday.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Nope.  Think what you want to. Care to tell me how we got "lucky?"  Was it the part where we scored more points or was it lucky that some fluke ass 50 lateral ball didn't work for the Chargers at the end?

Lucky we survived 3 turnovers for one.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Last week we ran the ball down the Boys throat for an easy win.  Was that wrong?

No problem with a great passing game.  Josh woke up and won the game for us.  But if he and the team had been awake from opening kickoff on that would have been an easy win yesterday.

Lucky we survived 3 turnovers for one.

It’s ok. You’ll figure it out one of these days. I know it’s tough when you get older though. 

17 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Yep, they got away with one.  But would you prefer they lost just to teach them a lesson?  As you said, they know they were fortunate.  It's better to win and have things to work on than lose and have things to work on.

And for the record I was very annoyed for most of the 2nd half with how we couldn't put them away...BUT, they DID win and that's what matters.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm not admitting anything. Sometimes you make your own luck. Every year in the NFL, all teams win some games they should lose and vice-versa.

The LAC played hard for a new coach, had more days of rest, and created turnovers. It's part of the game, as is winning ugly. I'm not denying anything nor feeling badly for winning by 2.

This board can be insufferable unless the Bills win by 3+ TDs every game.

On to NE and Merry Christmas to all.

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

If Toney’s foot isn’t over the line we are not in the playoffs right now.

Ok cool, I’ll play along-if Josh doesn’t inexplicably throw 3 int against the jets, if the defense stops Mac Jones on the last drive, if the Bills don’t have 12 men on the field against Denver, if the Bills aren’t part of an experiment against Jacksonville that Goodell admitted was a bad idea, if Elliot doesn’t make a 60 yarder in that rain and wind, those are all Bills wins.

so take the Toney one if that makes you feel better 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

It's Christmas Eve. How about you just let everyone enjoy that we didn't lose and we can all have a nice time with our families. Hope you all have wonderful days filled with love and treasured memories!

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Yep, they got away with one.  But would you prefer they lost just to teach them a lesson?  As you said, they know they were fortunate.  It's better to win and have things to work on than lose and have things to work on.

And for the record I was very annoyed for most of the 2nd half with how we couldn't put them away...BUT, they DID win and that's what matters.

Of course I’m glad they won.  It’s just amazing how many people around here make excuses when certain guys screw up.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

This is a road I am generally pretty quick to go down, but at this point this is basically playoff football for this team so I’ll take the wins where and how I can get them. 

That said, unsure if it was Brady or Allen, but the game was played deep and outside. I was really frustrated we didn’t get Cook, Kincade, and Shakir going underneath. Chargers were asking for it. 

A couple key catches from Diggs and Davis kept this one alive. 

Go Bills baby!

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

You know I watched that game last night after the shakir TD that was called back and thought - “too much time”

why?

every if they powerhouse - Miami cowboys etc would be pounding the remaining time and yardage to score a TD with 10 seconds left

not so with mcdermott

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.