This will be the first game I miss in 27 years. Thanks NFL

Heavy Kevi

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The only struggle is helping  people understand the nuisance in the NFL distributing exclusive content across literally 7 different platforms. it’s a real concept known as customer friction and UX. 

But you are for it, don’t get it and don’t value your time- and that’s fine too. 

hopefully for your sake they get Apple plus and Hulu involved , he’ll maybe a different platform each game! 

I appreciate that but what I value is my sobriety. I’m a recovering alcoholic/addict and have had to learn how to not let minor annoyances become a reason to go off the rails. So, I’m a lot more accepting of things I can’t change these days. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, FLFan said:

So, I have checked out in this thread for a while.  Has the link for the GoFundMe for poor Kevi already been posted?

No, but word is for $6, there will be no commercials in the 4th quarter:

https://13wham.com/buffalo-plus/bills-latest-news/saturday-nights-bills-chargers-game-on-peacock-will-not-have-commercials-during-fourth-quarter#

That’s worth its weight in gold right there!

4 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

https://13wham.com/buffalo-plus/bills-latest-news/saturday-nights-bills-chargers-game-on-peacock-will-not-have-commercials-during-fourth-quarter#

After listening to additional droning of Tirico and Collinsworth, fans might longing for the missing commercials.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I wonder if they will shorten the quarters actual duration or just have the same pauses anyway

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

How many Bills games were on ST this year? I think it was like 7 of 17 for the DC market. Times have changed! 

They’ve changed so much you can watch every nfl game, nba game, soccer game, nhl game, mlb game, ufc fight and boxing match from the comforts of you own home for free.  

if you don’t want to (or can’t) pay, you don’t have to.  It can all be free

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

They’ve changed so much you can watch every nfl game, nba game, soccer game, nhl game, mlb game, ufc fight and boxing match from the comforts of you own home for free.  

if you don’t want to (or can’t) pay, you don’t have to.  It can all be free

I think everyone here knows that you can watch illegally, seems like some just prefer not to.

17 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I think everyone here knows that you can watch illegally, seems like some just prefer not to.

Then prefer to pay or cry about it.

I pay.  I have no problem with it.  Apparently some would rather just cry about it than watch it illegally with 0% chance of getting caught

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Then prefer to pay or cry about it.

I pay.  I have no problem with it.  Apparently some would rather just cry about it than watch it illegally with 0% chance of getting caught

Thank God the board has tough guys like you around to keep us crybabies safe! 

full

34 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Touché and thanks for pointing that out for me.  🤦🏻‍♂️

Merry Christmas!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Tenhigh said:

Thank God the board has tough guys like you around to keep us crybabies safe! 

full

You’re welcome.  You need a kick in the pants for crying about change.  “Wah, things aren’t what they used to be”.   Be thankful that you can watch your team play wherever you are.  Remember when that wasn’t an option?  

Sorry, I can’t get behind people crying about paying $6 extra to watch one of your favorite past times.  $6……..get 6 of your friends together and have them chip in $1 each.  You won’t have to pay a penny

• Agree 2

I want the "Go Fund Me" page to be all for me  😁... I won't be getting the stream for this game, it would cost too much.

My TV ain't smart ... So streaming to it won't work, I think.

My PC gets bogged down with a 5 minute music video on You Tube ... Streaming a 3+ hour football game seems like buffering hell to me.

My laptop gives up the ghost and overheats after about an hour ... No point in that... Crisp $50's please and thank you.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

You’re welcome.  You need a kick in the pants for crying about change.  “Wah, things aren’t what they used to be”.   Be thankful that you can watch your team play wherever you are.  Remember when that wasn’t an option?  

Sorry, I can’t get behind people crying about paying $6 extra to watch one of your favorite past times.  $6……..get 6 of your friends together and have them chip in $1 each.  You won’t have to pay a penny

You may not be able to get behind them but you sure like to confront them. And the $6 isn't the point, of which you are well aware.   But by all means, keep getting all triggered because people are tired of getting jacked around by their favorite pasttime. Or go drink some egg nog and have yourself a Merry @#$%ing Christmas!

Someone mentioned on another forum that if Herbert weren't injured there would be more outcry that the game is on Peacock, especially from his fans in Oregon.

I also notice diehard fans of other teams around the country aren't bothering to subscribe to Peacock. We'll see if that changes for Super Wildcard Weekend. [Watch: they will have Buffalo on that game too.]

10 minutes ago, chongli said:

Someone mentioned on another forum that if Herbert weren't injured there would be more outcry that the game is on Peacock, especially from his fans in Oregon.

I also notice diehard fans of other teams around the country aren't bothering to subscribe to Peacock. We'll see if that changes for Super Wildcard Weekend. [Watch: they will have Buffalo on that game too.]

You know it will be...The Bills are the NFL lab rat this year.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I appreciate that but what I value is my sobriety. I’m a recovering alcoholic/addict and have had to learn how to not let minor annoyances become a reason to go off the rails.

Glad you're still with us, boss.

We've all stolen a lot of good chuckles from you over the years. 

• Like (+1) 3

I haven't read the 24 pages so apologies if I missed it.  But if you're an older person who is not net savvy or just can't afford it - I think, this sucks.   Is it beyond the realm of possibility that an entire Bills regular season could be shown on 17 different streaming services that you need to buy?  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

You may not be able to get behind them but you sure like to confront them. And the $6 isn't the point, of which you are well aware.   But by all means, keep getting all triggered because people are tired of getting jacked around by their favorite pasttime. Or go drink some egg nog and have yourself a Merry @#$%ing Christmas!

Triggered? lol.  Negative.  

$6 IS most definitely THE point.  What do you think the point is?  A business trying to maximize its potential?  Is greed the point?  If so, wake up a take a look around.  That’s life my man

On 12/19/2023 at 10:52 AM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Or, hear me out, just sign up for a week free trial of Peacock and cancel after the game

no harm, no foul

i mean you could setup a Deeznutz@gmail.com type address with a name of nunya bidness and probably do it if privacy is a concern

I already own deez nuts, he can’t have deez nuts. Have a good day sir.

On 12/19/2023 at 12:32 PM, Limeaid said:

I usually work until 2 or 3 AM and a Millennial.   Only Lost Generation assumes people work 9-5.

Calling @DC Tom. He is abasing your brothers.

On it.

On 12/19/2023 at 8:01 AM, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

Only a  Millennial would complain about crawling out of bed at  9:30 am

Laugh Laughing GIF

You're an idiot.  Not quite sure why, but Limeaid sent up the bat signal, so...

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Triggered? lol.  Negative.  

$6 IS most definitely THE point.  What do you think the point is?  A business trying to maximize its potential?  Is greed the point?  If so, wake up a take a look around.  That’s life my man

Lol, said business is clearly alienating sone of it's fan base with its streaming schemes, otherwise what are we talking about, right?  And no matter how sure you are what is in others hearts and heads, its really not the $6 that bothers me personally.   It's rhe hubris of the nfl to think that all of their customers are lemmings willing to cave their most offensive whims.  Sell me your product? Sure, Ill bite.  I own the ticket, I already had Prime.  Make me by someone else's subtler product to watch your product? No thanks.   That's what I think most people that aren't general cheapskates don't like.  Why can't you accept that?

On 12/19/2023 at 9:38 AM, Shaw66 said:

You own a Bills Backer bar and you won't have the game on in your bar?   What are you going to tell your customers when they come in Saturday and you tell them the game isn't on?

This is a great question, seriously. You don't have it, I go somewhere else and may never be back to that bar.

I'm not reading all 24 pages, you got a smart TV connected to the net, go to TwitchTV.com.  I've watched Thursdays all season long this way

4 hours ago, teef said:

I’m just going to throw this out there too…coinstar.  You’re welcome .

one time I found like $18 CAD in loonies and toonies in the Coinstar machine at the Wegmans on Niagara Falls Boulevard.  It’s only like $4 in USD, but still…

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.