This will be the first game I miss in 27 years. Thanks NFL

Heavy Kevi

16 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

It's called capitalism, bro.

I think the key problem here is more than that.
1) Rochester, Ontario are Secondary markets when convenient. They are home markets, period. 
2) Peecock is a niche player Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video, Paramount+, Apple TV+, Hulu, AMC+, Max, Roku. 
3) unlike the others Peecock doesn’t offer a free trial.

4) NFL will lose more revenue and viewers if they parse these out to 10 streams for Playoff like Peacock. There is value in having the entire country watch your product at the same time. 

it is capitalist but it’s stupid for Terry Pegula

• Like (+1) 1

@Heavy Kevi You’re choosing to miss the game. You have options you just don’t want to use them. This was known since the schedule came out. 

You allegedly own a bills backers bar but won’t go to it. If you won’t make $6 to cover the one month subscription than maybe you should close the bar. These all seem like you’re the reason you’re gonna miss the game not the NFL. 

How are you showing the game at the bar? Is it in viewing area or are you using peacock? If peacock than log in at your house they allow three devices.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

You are kind of choosing to miss it by being holier than thou and playing the victim lmao.  You must be in the stone age too because if you are paying for any type of sporting event, PPV or otherwise, when it is literally spoonfed on the internet, seems silly 🤣.

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

It is sour grapes.

I pay towards the stadium with taxes 

I pay for spectrum (2 locations) with sports package

I pay for Sunday ticket

I pay for Hulu live

But none of those things get me the game.

Your not sour about it?

Know when to hold them, know when to fold them.

I get it.  They have us by the balls but this is what happens when an entity gets this big.

But at the same time, is it worth your enjoyment?  You get one Bills game a week and it’s possible in three weeks, you will have to wait until September to see them again.  Is taking a stand worth breaking a 30 year streak for $6?

1 hour ago, 4th&long said:

I’m not getting peacock. Ef them. Last thing I need is another useless streaming service.

I registered for one month and will dump it after the game. It's $5.99, which is a price I'm willing to pay to watch a Bills game. It's a small pittance and hardly worth getting up in arms about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Are you on FaceBook?

PM me, you can watch the game.

BUT, I absolutely agree with your sentiment!!!!!

This is what Capitalism is. Extricating every last ounce of money from the little guy so the rich can get richer.

Im 100% agreeing with the greed, but this is more an example of monopolies and their unfair ability to ignore the market than it is an example of working capitalism.

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

Also, if you have Amazon Prime you get peacock for free

That’s not true

Come on people. We shouldn’t be forced to deal with this to see a playoff WC GAME.

Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video, Paramount+, Apple TV+, Peacock, Hulu, AMC+, Max,

During the Super Bowl era I would go to a local sports bar every week to watch the Bills. I did for years. They weren’t on local TV much in Southern California. I loved it! The place was a blast and even though few people were there to see the Bills I got to know a lot of them through the years. So….go find someplace to watch the game. I’m betting you’ll have a BLAST! 👍

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I registered for one month and will dump it after the game. It's $5.99, which is a price I'm willing to pay to watch a Bills game. It's a small pittance and hardly worth getting up in arms about.

And next year you'll have to do it twice.

And the year after that, three times on two different services.

And the year after that it will be $20.

And the year after that it will be a playoff game and be $30.

The more accommodations you make for them, the more they will attempt to take advantage of your willingness to do so.

I hit my breaking point this year and will never accommodate them again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

How is he showing it at the bar? If it’s on peacock why not just log in at home they allow three devices? 

I'm sure that's exactly what he'll end up doing.

For now he's just frustrated, and rightfully so, imo.

It's only going to get worse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I can't watch at home either, but I will be going out to a local sports bar near me. Also, this is the first since 2001 I didn't have the Sunday ticket. I have DirecTV and live in NJ, so I got to watch the "exciting" Jets and Giants every week. Thankfully the Bills had a lot of primetime games and games that were shown nationally on Sunday afternoon, so I got to see most of their games. I have to look into YouTube tv since they have the Sunday ticket.

2 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I have watched every game for decades. Literally.

Even gotten free trials of fubo, downloaded apps, got up at absurd times to see London games, etc.

But this game isn't on LOCAL ROCHESTER MARKET because piddly little peacock is trying a money grab. 

All the other "exclusives" had free trials, were simulcast on a real network, or even in the case of prime- everyone already has it. But peacock, tiny little bullschitt peacock with nothing worthwhile to offer? The NFL not only isn't afraid, they actively don't like us.

So I can't. I just can't. Sure, I could afford the subscription; but I can't positively reinforce negative behavior by the NFL trying yet another way into fans' pockets. 

They will take our tax money to build the brand new stadium for a billionaire, but we can't even watch the effing game. Pathetic.

Isn't it only like $5.99 for one month? You don't wanna pay that? Lol

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Also, if you have Amazon Prime you get peacock for free.

You better be sure it's not just Peacock Basic.  You need Peacock Premium to watch the Bills game.

I get Peacock Basic through my Roku for free BUT I will need to pay the $6 to subscribe to Peacock Premium to watch the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

During the Super Bowl era I would go to a local sports bar every week to watch the Bills. I did for years. They weren’t on local TV much in Southern California. I loved it! The place was a blast and even though few people were there to see the Bills I got to know a lot of them through the years. So….go find someplace to watch the game. I’m betting you’ll have a BLAST! 👍

They own a bills backers bar but don’t want to go lol

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, cd1 said:

I hear ya!!!   

BUT

I recently signed up with Peacock because they offered a whole year for $19.99 - ya can't beat that with a stick!

OR the price is $5.99/mo too much to pay for your Bills Backer Bar ????

This seems kinda like mole that "HILL you're choosing to die on..."

I did the same knowing this Saturdays Bills game and a playoff game in January would both be on peacock. Additional bonus for me has been watching SNF on peacock as Directv is still squabbling with NBC and has it blocked.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I have watched every game for decades. Literally.

Even gotten free trials of fubo, downloaded apps, got up at absurd times to see London games, etc.

But this game isn't on LOCAL ROCHESTER MARKET because piddly little peacock is trying a money grab. 

All the other "exclusives" had free trials, were simulcast on a real network, or even in the case of prime- everyone already has it. But peacock, tiny little bullschitt peacock with nothing worthwhile to offer? The NFL not only isn't afraid, they actively don't like us.

So I can't. I just can't. Sure, I could afford the subscription; but I can't positively reinforce negative behavior by the NFL trying yet another way into fans' pockets. 

They will take our tax money to build the brand new stadium for a billionaire, but we can't even watch the effing game. Pathetic.

www.streameast.to is your friend for this. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

We're all free to vote with our dollars.

What's the solution, regulation?

I have voted with my dollars, but totally understand this guys annoyance.

The only regulation I would consider is that anybody that pays taxes in a state with a publicly funded stadium should be able to watch televised events from that stadium without having to pay extra for it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

You better be sure it's not just Peacock Basic.  You need Peacock Premium to watch the Bills game.

I get Peacock Basic through my Roku for free BUT I will need to pay the $6 to subscribe to Peacock Premium to watch the Bills.

Yes, premium.  Don't know if it is a free trial that you can cancel or what.   People will need to do some old fashion research or literally stream it for free and stop complaining 

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I have prime and didn’t get peacock for free. I pay $5.99 a month for premium. Has most of my favorite sitcoms on just happened to luck out the bills were on it too. 

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I have voted with my dollars, but totally understand this guys annoyance.

The only regulation I would consider is that anybody that pays taxes in a state with a publicly funded stadium should be able to watch televised events from that stadium without having to pay extra for it.

Game is in LA

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Peacock has the full library of WWF content from the 80s & 90s. My girlfriend has it for Housewives but I'll throw on an old King of the Ring now and again. Also its $6/month. My bar every Sunday is usually $60+

Edited by uticaclub
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Y’all know too. This is a Frankenstein Billsy experiment to see what’s next. 

Rochester Blackout is bs. I will see the game but—>

Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video, peacock, Paramount+, Apple TV+, Peacock, Hulu, AMC+, Max, NFLN, HBO, ESPN+ 

seriously??

Edited by Since1981
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Yeah im with you on this. It's getting ridiculous.  The entire streaming landscape has become so fragmented that I'm actually watching far less TV than I used to.  Now it's mostly stuff on youtube like documentaries and cooking stuff, and there's some amazing sports guys on there too like thatsgoodsports.  I actually pay for youtube premium to avoid the commercials, and i've dropped a bunch of other services like disney+, paramount, and Max. the other dynamic with all this is that when these services were emerging there was a ton of money sloshing around, and they made some decent content.  Try to watch one of the new netflix movies or shows, they are terrible.  I mean strait up garbage.  Netflix is next on my hitlist because it's like $22 a month.  Again, not a matter of money, more that the NFL is going to keep spreading the games around until we need to do this dance every damn week to watch the games

I'd absolutely not recommend the myriad of ways that you can watch this without peacock getting any money, that would make you no better than them :)

YouTube premium is the best thing I've paid for.  So it’s clear to others, that is NOT the tv service, it’s for ad free viewing of actual YouTube.  

Soooo much great content on there and I watch it much more than cable or streaming platforms.  

One of our favorite shows on there is “The Why Files”, highly recommend it.  

We also watch a lot of cooking, sports, standup comedy, etc on there.  

If anyone loves standup comedy, this is one of the best standup specials of all time and he released it onto YouTube when he dropped it.  HIGHLY recommend this, Shane Gillis is hilarious.  

Also, “Kill Tony” is great show if you’re into standup too.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

Im 100% agreeing with the greed, but this is more an example of monopolies and their unfair ability to ignore the market than it is an example of working capitalism.

This is “ Working Capitalism “

The NFL wields the power to be allowed to continue their monopoly…..

The politicians get taken care of and they pander to those with the fat wallets while they’ll the rest of us what we want to hear….. so long as the money keeps flowing 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.