For fun, but also so you know what to root for, for the Bills to get the #2 seed

BillsFan619

Bills win out (obvious)

Dolphins lose to us and one other team (realistic)

Ravens win one more game (realistic)

The Chiefs, Browns, Jags, Colts and Texans lose one game each.

The least likely of all of these outcomes is the Chiefs losing a game (not impossible though).

Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7

Bills will take their business.

Let the fraud teams be exposed.

The Big Bad Bills are back, and on a mission.

imo the Bills have place fear in opposing teams, like Iron Mike Tyson used to do.

No sane team wants to play Buffalo now.

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Bills will take their business.

Let the fraud teams be exposed.

The Big Bad Bills are back, and on a mission.

imo the Bills have place fear in opposing teams, like Iron Mike Tyson used to do.

No sane team wants to play Buffalo now.

Honestly I don’t think these other “fraud” teams are frauds at all.  They keep winning with 2nd and 3rd string QBs.  Browns Bengals Texans all had big come back wins.  A few weeks now we’ve needed some help and really aren’t getting it.  

It’s a sign of them being good, well coached teams.

im beginning to think our best way in is winning the division over Miami 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Just get us in!!!!

A home game would be sweet but not necessary. 
Would that McD had benched Dorsey earlier in the season😕

Why? Since the switch to Brady, we lost to the Eagles on the road and very easily could've lost to the Chiefs on the road.  We blew out the Cowboys and Jets at home.  I think getting a home game would be great.

Also, historically, is there any easy way to look up all Super Bowl champions that had to play 3 conference playoff games?  If we compare:

(1) Those that had to play all 3 conference games on the road to 

(2) Those that started their playoff run at home

#2 will be multiple times more numerous than #1.  Has there ever even been a Super Bowl champ that won three conference road games?  I think maybe one of the Eli Manning teams did it?

5 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Bills win out (obvious)

The least likely of all of these outcomes is the Chiefs losing a game (not impossible though).

Go Bills!

Chiefs — refs won’t let them lose for the rest of the year.. 

Browns — They have the scariest D in the NFL and are not losing again even with old man Flacco.

Jags - are toast, I think they have fallen out of the playoffs and Indy is in first place now??

Colts - playing well, scary what they would be with their #1 QB.

Texans — keep winning and stroud be back.

Ravens —  best team right now in the AFC, but I don’t believe in them.. I expect them crash and burn again.

Dolphins - Cowboys, Ravens, Bills. What a way end a season. They may not even make the playoffs I see 0-3. The Cowboys will be so angry especially in D next week. 

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Honestly I don’t think these other “fraud” teams are frauds at all.  They keep winning with 2nd and 3rd string QBs.  Browns Bengals Texans all had big come back wins.  A few weeks now we’ve needed some help and really aren’t getting it.  

Their schedules help also

22 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Is there a scenario where we win out and don't make it? Hey, I'm a longtime Bills fan; I can't help but think that way.

It's really hard.  5 teams that would be competing for the 3 WC.  The colts and Texans play week 18, so that would eliminate one of them.  The browns play the Texans and Bengals still, so that is 2 more losses somewhere.

I'd haven't looked at conference records after yesterday's games, but to get 4 teams at 11-6 you need the Texans to lose to the colts and browns, and the browns to lose to the Bengals.  Also, the Bengals would have to win against the chiefs.  I think that's the only path to missing at 11-6.

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Browns — They have the scariest D in the NFL and are not losing again even with old man Flacco.

Jags - are toast, I think they have fallen out of the playoffs and Indy is in first place now??

Ravens —  best team right now in the AFC, but I don’t believe in them.. I expect them crash and burn again.

Dolphins - Cowboys, Ravens, Bills. What a way end a season. They may not even make the playoffs I see 0-3. The Cowboys will be so angry especially in D next week. 

Well Browns play Texans this week so somethings gotta give there. That's a bold statement on them that they will win out considering they shoulda lost at home to the frigging bears if Mooney was worth anything. They have been super lucky this year, and yes fraud(ish). 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

I know this team makes a deep run into the playoffs

i don’t know if they will get the chance though. 

10-7 is NOT going to cut it

i know it’s possible but man it’s a long shot and I want in.  They need three more wins 

Let’s go Dallas this week!  

beat up that dolphins team baby let’s go!

23 minutes ago, Rew said:

It's really hard.  5 teams that would be competing for the 3 WC.  The colts and Texans play week 18, so that would eliminate one of them.  The browns play the Texans and Bengals still, so that is 2 more losses somewhere.

I'd haven't looked at conference records after yesterday's games, but to get 4 teams at 11-6 you need the Texans to lose to the colts and browns, and the browns to lose to the Bengals.  Also, the Bengals would have to win against the chiefs.  I think that's the only path to missing at 11-6.

Agree.  I’ll be a big-time Steeler fan on Saturday before our game.  Steelers beat the Bengals, we go into our game controlling our own destiny.

1 hour ago, harryS said:

Why? Since the switch to Brady, we lost to the Eagles on the road and very easily could've lost to the Chiefs on the road.  We blew out the Cowboys and Jets at home.  I think getting a home game would be great.

Also, historically, is there any easy way to look up all Super Bowl champions that had to play 3 conference playoff games?  If we compare:

#2 will be multiple times more numerous than #1.  Has there ever even been a Super Bowl champ that won three conference road games?  I think maybe one of the Eli Manning teams did it?

I’m pretty sure the Steelers did in 2006 which I think was the one and only time that it has happened.  

That actually all seems very likely. Bills benefit here because Bengals or Browns could finish ahead of the Bills but due to Ravens winning the division they would finish as the 5 seed and Bills would slot as the 2 seed. 

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

That is the fraud team right there. 

37 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Well Browns play Texans this week so somethings gotta give there. That's a bold statement on them that they will win out considering they shoulda lost at home to the frigging bears if Mooney was worth anything. They have been super lucky this year, and yes fraud(ish). 

Oh sorry I meant they keep winning when they shouldn’t even without Stroud, who will be back. They need a few more pieces to be legit SB contender.

Bears are good they just don’t know how to win. So weird. 

2 hours ago, peterpan said:

Remember last year and every other year just about when a team's starting QB went down and they just folded like a cheap tent?  This year it seems the offenses are playing just fine with the backups...it's kinda crazy.

miami will be the determining factor. they can beat dallas, especially if they get hill back. however, I don't see them beating the ravens. they have 7 conference wins to the bills 4 which means buffalo can not lose another afc match up. they do, they're cooked. I am not looking at any other team aside from miami and you have to hope they lose to the ravens and the bills come out of hard rock stadium with a win and the division title.  only scenario that can realistically work.

looking for other teams to lose, yeah you want them to but it should of never of come down to that. instead of miami sitting at #2, they should at least be sitting in that spot. but, I have to agree with the majority believing/knowing it was dorsey holding them back and even though he was OC when the bills dominated miami, smoked the raiders and washington it went downhill from the jags game until his release. although I hold the jags game against goodell and his moronic idea that it would be a competitive game with one team only two days acclimated while the other had been there 2 weeks. still the decision to make the change, although late, was the right one and brady has really done something with the offense.

cleveland matches the bills 4 conference wins as does denver with indy at 6, oilers and stillers at 5 and cincy at 3. making the next 3 games critical.

it's going to come down to beating the chargers and pats and getting to 6 conference wins before the showdown in miami. what a finish to the season that's going to be!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

3 hours ago, harryS said:

Get into the playoffs.

A home game WOULD BE SWEET

If we don’t get in, it doesn’t matter.

2 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Agree.  I’ll be a big-time Steeler fan on Saturday before our game.  Steelers beat the Bengals, we go into our game controlling our own destiny.

I don’t see that happening. Those are two teams going in the opposite direction. I expect Dallas to lay the smack down on Miami, so then the Bills truly would have their destiny in their own hands. 

I think getting the 2 seed is more important than most think. Of course we just want to make the playoffs at this point, but ideally we dont get the #3 seed.

I'd actually prefer the #4 seed over the #3 seed. The Chiefs probably win out and finish second.  That means whoever finishes 3rd could play at arrowhead in the divisional round. That place and the bad playoff vibes around it, feel like the only thing that can stop the bills from making the superbowl. 

I'd much rather be the 4th seed and play at Baltimore in the divisional round. 

Edited by TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

49 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don’t see that happening. Those are two teams going in the opposite direction. I expect Dallas to lay the smack down on Miami, so then the Bills truly would have their destiny in their own hands. 

Not sure I’d bet on it either.  But Browning in a tough Pittsburgh environment, potentially missing Chase is going to be a challenge.  Pit may get Pickett back as well, and it’s essentially a last stand for them.  I’d expect the Steelers to come out playing hard.

27 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Just to think our season would’ve been much, much different if we didn’t F up the games against the Eagles and Broncos. 2 easily winnable games. 

Heck if you just had beaten my lowly Pats things be very different. Win out and the division been the Bills.

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Not sure I’d bet on it either.  But Browning in a tough Pittsburgh environment, potentially missing Chase is going to be a challenge.  Pit may get Pickett back as well, and it’s essentially a last stand for them.  I’d expect the Steelers to come out playing hard.

Oh I expect it be a tough game but. The Bengals have their swagger back.. and the Steelers look lost and TJ Watt is playing hurt and it’s obvious.. 

Bills will win the AFC East.

Bills 8-6 beat the chargers and patriots to go 10-6

Dolphins are 10-4 ... This week they play a pissed off Cowboys team, then they go to Baltimore ... Dolphins go to 10-6.

The Bills go to Miami and do to the Fins what they did to them in Orchard Park...

Bills........ 11-6

Dolphins 10-7

9 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Bills win out (obvious)

Go Bills!

Thank you!!

Just want a home playoff game--and the possibility of a home championship game.

No team can come into the Ralph and beat the Bills right now.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:.

Oh I expect it be a tough game but. The Bengals have their swagger back.. and the Steelers look lost and TJ Watt is playing hurt and it’s obvious.. 

Well scratch my hope that Pickett would be back.  Apparently Rudolph named the starter already.  He couldn’t be any worse than Trubisky, could he??? 😬😬

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Heck if you just had beaten my lowly Pats things be very different. Win out and the division been the Bills.

True,but what matters is going into playoffs hot.

Dominating Eagles in Philly, beating KC in KC, and taking Dallas(the hottest nfl team)to the woodshed- The Bills are red hot and about to blue hot for playoffs.

PS Pats are about to get pummeled this time

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

True,but what matters is going into playoffs hot.

Dominating Eagles in Philly, beating KC in KC, and taking Dallas(the hottest nfl team)to the woodshed- The Bills are red hot and about to blue hot for playoffs.

PS Pats are about to get pummeled this time

Red hot? The Bills are a one less “Toney brain fart” away from being 1-2 in this stretch. . They played lights out yesterday against Dallas that for whatever reason never adapted on O or D to make the Bills change things up as well. 

My point is, the Bills still have work to do and a let down wouldn’t be shocking after this 3 game stretch.

PS

I don’t want them to win again this year.. I want Maye or Williams.. lol

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Old man flacco is not to be under-rated either.

He’s a terrific competitor when the heat is on

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.