Around the NFL Week 15

HappyDays

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yeah this was not a game we needed.

It would have been nice for the Vikes to win but the Bengals are going to lose at least 1 (if not 2) of their remaining games.

Lose one and they are in the playoffs..... A loss here would have been huge for us if we go on to lose tomorrow.....

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Yup, that’s great and all that they might lose some of those games, but two of the three are against other contenders 

The Chiefs are not a wild card contender. The Bengals losing to the Chiefs wouldn’t matter at all. The Browns have a 1.5 game lead on us with 4 games to go. The Bengals losing to the Browns likely won’t matter.

Edited by Einstein
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Huh? This game mattered a lot. When you're chasing this many teams you need all the help you can get.

All four of those teams are ahead of the Bills in the playoff race. Bengals losing some of those games won't necessarily help the Bills. 

The bengals winning some of those games could help though lol there’s three wildcard spots in play and the afc south has to have a winner…so 4 spots on the line really.  Maybe the bengals stay hot get wildcard 1 and knock the browns and Steelers back a game.  Still leaves 2 wildcard spots and we catch up a game on those two teams 

it changed our playoff odds a couple percent probably 

seems like people have the mindset that it’s a bunch of teams fighting for one playoff spot but it’s a bunch of teams fighting for 3 or 4 depending on how you look at it.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

Lose one and they are in the playoffs.....

Eh, maybe not.

The Bengals currently lose most tiebreakers. Which is why they are in 10th place in the conference.

This game was 0 percentage points on the divisional scale and only a few percentage points on the wild card scale.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Have you run the math on this? Because I have. This game was a few percentage points. 

This game was a “want” not a “need”.

If the Bills win out, we are in. 

If your assumptions rest on the Bills winning out yeah these games really don't matter, but the Bills winning out is far from guaranteed. 

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Most optimal results now 

Miami loss v Jets in awful weather and with their 3rd center and other cones on the Oline 

Pittsburgh loss at Indy 

Denver loss at Detroit

Houston with no QB and no offensive weapons left loss at Tennessee.  

this is good a primer as any. I'd go along with this. It clearly isn't an exact science

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not officially but Minnesota needed to win out.  

If they won out, they’d win the division because the play Detroit twice. 

They can still win the division, even if Detroit wins tonight, but they’d need to win out and have Detroit lose to Dallas. 

Edited by SCBills

I actually think , OF ALL the teams in afc to take down the nfc (niners)  Already beat them - it’s CIN. they play a more reproducible brand of winning football. And they have 3 stud WRs. And elite coaches. One of the most important metrics for Super Bowl appearance is WR2. They’re the best. 

Bills are too up and down and choke. I still don’t trust McD or Allen in crunch time. They’re 0-7 in OT. Allen has too many miscommunications at end of game w WRs

Lamar won't be able to pass to victory in playoffs

Dolphins. lol

Chiefs offense - OL is way worse this year 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The Chiefs are not a wild card contender. The Bengals losing to the Chiefs wouldn’t matter at all. The Browns have a 1.5 game lead on us with 4 games to go. The Bengals losing to the Browns likely won’t matter.

Agreed…People have the wrong mindset on this it seems like. In a normal year there’s usually 1-2 wildcard teams way out in front and 1-2 spots that a bunch of teams are competing for and that’s how people are lookin at this still it seems like.

but this year, all three spots are pretty much in play for anybody…the browns winning doesn’t hurt too bad because if they pull ahead there’s still two spots open 

One wildcard team getting hot and pulling away at this point is honestly a good thing and realistically it seems like it’s gonna be the browns 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Agreed…People have the wrong mindset on this it seems like. In a normal year there’s usually 1-2 wildcard teams way out in front and 1-2 spots that a bunch of teams are competing for and that’s how people are lookin at this still it seems like.

but this year, all three spots are pretty much in play for anybody…the browns winning doesn’t hurt too bad because if they pull ahead there’s still two spots open 

One wildcard team getting hot and pulling away at this point is honestly a good thing and realistically it seems like it’s gonna be the browns 

The way things are going, they will most assuredly lose to Chicago now. 

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

So a tie in the colts/steelers and then a loss for the Broncos? That’s the only way I see Colts/Steelers as a net positive. 

Well, Colts/Steelers is actually positive either way (imo).  We can't really lose this one, though it would be better if the Colts lost because their schedule eases up more.

So, we need the Lions.  And then it's a pretty good day.

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Maybe we're worrying too much about the WC.  If the Jets can pull off the upset tomorrow, the narrative completely changes - we really SHOULD win the division if that happens.

The narrative changed when Miami blew that game to Tennessee…probably don’t even need a jets upset even if we lose to Dallas. 

I just can’t see Miami beating Dallas or Baltimore without Connor Williams…they hardly ever beat playoff caliber teams even at full strength 

most likely scenario is us playing them for the division week 18 with us getting in at 10-7 over them at 10-7 imo 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Bills dug their own grave losing to cupcakes.  If they don’t get in nobody to blame but themselves 

Yup, unconscionable to lose to NYJ, NE & Denver.  God I wish McDermott had the insight to dump Dorsey after the Cincy playoff game and roll with Brady.  Would've changed the complexity of the whole season. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, stevestojan said:

With everything going on in this country, I will vote for the candidate who will repeal the law that doesn’t allow NFL football on Saturdays when college football on. I am able to watch both. And I invite it. Anyone know how to start a lobby? 

So what college games are on that conflict today? Some random Doritos Bowl involving the 25th ranked team? 

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Yup, unconscionable to lose to NYJ, NE & Denver.  God I wish McDermott had the insight to dump Dorsey after the Cincy playoff game and roll with Brady.  Would've changed the complexity of the whole season. 

I think Dorsey bought himself time after the bills killed the red hot dolphins (at the time). I agree though, this season would've probably been alot better without Dorsey 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Why would you expect mr conservative who puts faith in everything and everyone to do that ? That’s hindsight talking 

2 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

I still say our best bet is for the fins to lose one more before they play us, and we win out. Tall task, but puts us in control down the stretch. Hoping all the other help falls in place is asking a lot.

If we win tomorrow, I think we win the rest of the games. Tomorrow is a huge question mark though 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They’re horrible lol I really think we’re getting overly worried about bad teams.  This is a quantity over quality situation in the playoff hunt right now and most of these teams are gonna fall off

Bro there is three weeks left lol. Not a lot of time left for falling off. 

Luckily I think we win tomorrow and we win the division. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.