It’s Dallas week and the Division is on the line!

Einstein

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Too many key injuries this year does not help matters.

This excuse needs to be thrown in the trash at this point.

Honestly, yes, we've had some big injuries.. 

-Cleveland lost their QB, their elite RB and just lost two important Defensive players this past week. 

-Baltimore lost Mark Andrews for the year.

-Los Angeles Chargers lost Herbert for the year and had guys in and out of the lineup all year.

-Pittsburgh lost their QB. 

-Houston lost their best WR. 

-New York Jets lost Aaron Rodgers 4 plays into the season.

-Miami has guys in and out of the lineup every week right now and just lost their best Offensive Lineman for the year.  

Rasul Douglas has essentially been a 1 for 1 replacing Tre.

That leaves a downgrade from Daquan Jones to Linval Joseph.  But Joseph is a solid player .. he's not a bum.   And the big missing piece being Milano, where we clearly downgrade with Dodson, rookie Williams etc..  but most teams have a big injury like this.  It is what it is.  Figure it out. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 5

20 hours ago, CNYfan said:

Micah Parsons v. Spencer Brown, to my amateur eyes, is a mismatch made in hell.   

Spencer has improved quite a bit this year……but this is 💯 correct.  I hope we focus on chipping Parsons.  Quinn does a good job of moving him around to make doubling him tougher on the opposition 

22 minutes ago, Negan said:

I think that's actually good for us this time, if it rains.  Our run game has been better and it slows down Cowboys offense.

I agree.  It may not work out 100% of the time but i have to believe the Bills are more adaptable to chilly, rainy, crappy weather. They have plenty of experience in this.  Dallas plays in such sterile conditions the majority of the time. They will be uncomfortable and despite what people say, Dallas will not be a desperate team.  They are in the playoffs.  Ball security will be huge. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, NewEra said:

Spencer has improved quite a bit this year……but this is 💯 correct.  I hope we focus on chipping Parsons.  Quinn does a good job of moving him around to make doubling him tougher on the opposition 

The Dallas guy who came on Sal's podcast talked about how they like to move Parsons inside and isolate him on an interior player as well.  Mentioned we might see him lined up over McGovern (Sal mentioned Torrence).   

We can chip him with Knox or Kincaid when he's matched up on Brown, but we're going to need the RB's to pass pro a lot better than they did against KC when we see him lined up inside.  

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

I agree.  It may not work out 100% of the time but i have to believe the Bills are more adaptable to chilly, rainy, crappy weather. They have plenty of experience in this.  Dallas plays in such sterile conditions the majority of the time. They will be uncomfortable and despite what people say, Dallas will not be a desperate team.  They are in the playoffs.  Ball security will be huge. 

Just looked at the weather and it shows light rain, mid-upper 40's for the entire game.  

We just saw Josh Allen go nuclear against Philly in that weather, on the road.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Rapp should start in front of Hyde for the rest of the season. More speed and physicality. IMO. Hyde doesn't seem to want to "plaster" players in the middle of the field anymore. 

I'd honestly rather have Lewis in for Hyde.  Rapp is a better fit for Poyer's role or when we go three safeties.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

If we are a game up on Miami going into the last game, but we lose to Miami, they would be 4-2 and we would be 3-3 with a split head to head

We are not losing another game 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Wish I could agree but recent history tells us that the Bills do not play well in crappy weather at all.

I think back to hosting the Colts in the rain in 2021 and getting romped - to last season's playoff loss to the Bengals.

More than anything, it takes mental toughness to play well in bad weather. Since 2017, this team has lacked mental toughness. I'll let you figure out the common denominator there.

Edited by Wayne Arnold

21 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Do you guys think the weather will be a big factor? Only 40s with some rain.....in Dallas its in the 60s...

Probably one of the few games I've ever hoped for some light rain that we now see in the forecast.  

Doesn't look like much wind, but we just played in cold, wet conditions and watched Josh Allen go off.  

Dallas Offensive splits are drastic home and away. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Probably one of the few games I've ever hoped for some light rain that we now see in the forecast.  

Doesn't look like much wind, but we just played in cold, wet conditions and watched Josh Allen go off.  

Dallas Offensive splits are drastic home and away. 

Lets hope its one of those damp, chilly, "to the bone" days. Game is at sunset, maybe gets a bit colder..

Edited by Gman10

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

I'd honestly rather have Lewis in for Hyde.  Rapp is a better fit for Poyer's role or when we go three safeties.    

Worked to near perfection against the Phins when we beat them earlier this season. McD came up with a great scheme that day, one that Miami’s McD complimented him on after the game. I don’t understand why we haven’t seen more of it since.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Worked to near perfection against the Phins when we beat them earlier this season. McD came up with a great scheme that day, one that Miami’s McD complimented him on after the game. I don’t understand why we haven’t seen more of it since.

I think Milano going down changed a lot of what they wanted to do 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Rapp should start in front of Hyde for the rest of the season. More speed and physicality. IMO. Hyde doesn't seem to want to "plaster" players in the middle of the field anymore. 

Rapp is not faster than Hyde. Rapp sucks 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Losing our star veteran LB and then our shutdown Corner who was coming back into form probably limited things not to mention our run stuffing DT. We've found patches for the DT and corner but it's hard to be as flexible when you're covering for what's missing.

• Like (+1) 3

Dallas has some intense home/away splits and they also seem due for a clunker game coming off a big win over the Eagles. But I also think they're a really really good team. Dak is on a heater, Lamb may be the best WR in the NFL this season, Pollard is more than capable, and there are superstars on defense. I think the Bills need to play well but most importantly need to play disciplined in this one. Don't give away free yards with penalties or careless mistakes. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Lets hope its one of those damp, chilly, "to the bone" days. Game is at sunset, maybe gets a bit colder..

Yep - to me it's not even as much how it affects the play on the field as the psyche of the players.  Get a lead, the environment hostile and weather miserable and some guy start thinking man this sucks and dreaming of a warm bus

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Do you guys think the weather will be a big factor? Only 40s with some rain.....in Dallas its in the 60s...

15-25 wind and rain.  I think it’ll have somewhat of an impact 

Edited by NewEra

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Losing our star veteran LB and then our shutdown Corner who was coming back into form probably limited things not to mention our run stuffing DT. We've found patches for the DT and corner but it's hard to be as flexible when you're covering for what's missing.

Also a few weeks went by where we were one of the worst defenses in the league before we got replacements for those guys which is huge when a win or two separates us from missing the playoffs or having a shot at the 1 seed 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

This excuse needs to be thrown in the trash at this point.

Honestly, yes, we've had some big injuries.. 

-Cleveland lost their QB, their elite RB and just lost two important Defensive players this past week. 

-Baltimore lost Mark Andrews for the year.

-Los Angeles Chargers lost Herbert for the year and had guys in and out of the lineup all year.

-Pittsburgh lost their QB. 

-Houston lost their best WR. 

-New York Jets lost Aaron Rodgers 4 plays into the season.

-Miami has guys in and out of the lineup every week right now and just lost their best Offensive Lineman for the year.  

Rasul Douglas has essentially been a 1 for 1 replacing Tre.

That leaves a downgrade from Daquan Jones to Linval Joseph.  But Joseph is a solid player .. he's not a bum.   And the big missing piece being Milano, where we clearly downgrade with Dodson, rookie Williams etc..  but most teams have a big injury like this.  It is what it is.  Figure it out. 

Jets/dolphins trot injury prone offensive linemen out there every year without much depth behind them then are shocked when these same players get injured every year lol.
the jets apparently thought it would be a good idea to plop a 38 year old qb with two calf injuries behind  a tackle that never plays due to injury and another tackle that is an old man coming off season ending surgery.  I don’t think they belong on this list lol they do it to themselves. 

other teams yea it’s tough luck but it’s something you’ve gotta figure out if you want to compete.  

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, Process said:

Bought tix to game yesterday because weather looked good for Sunday. Now it's saying rain and windy 🤦‍♂️

Lived in Buffalo my whole life, should have known better than to rely on a weather forecast 4 days out. 

Well, to be fair, you're still 3 days out and the forecast isn't much more reliable today.

20 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

With Hyde and Epenessa likely out, the Bills D has lost to many top performers.  Milano, White, Jones, Miller and those two.  I am thinking this isn't the Bills year.  Luck of the draw on injuries.  Need to get younger on D so that injuries are less likely.

Wait, what did I miss?  I haven't even seen the injury report from today's practice, were they announced as out?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gman10 said:

its in the high 30's in the morning here in dfw.  

Unless it is freezing with sleet the weather wont matter.   

Crowd noise and field position is how to affect the cowboys this week.

9 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Ed Oliver has to blow up and make Dak uncomfortable 

30 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

With Hyde and Epenessa likely out, the Bills D has lost to many top performers.  Milano, White, Jones, Miller and those two.  I am thinking this isn't the Bills year.  Luck of the draw on injuries.  Need to get younger on D so that injuries are less likely.

So crazy to see epenesa talked about in this way now compared to a year ago haha. I don’t think it’s too many top performers out…Rasul is playing really well and has negated the loss of white, benford is healthy again, Joseph has stepped in ok for jones.  The defensive ends are pretty deep too.  It’s really just Milano that’s a huge loss and every team has at least one of those 

there’s a good chance epenesa,Hyde, and even maybe jones are back for the playoffs too should we make it 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I thought the Cowboys played inside in Dallas?

Edited by Gman10

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Tre wasn't "shut down" any more period. Teams threw AT him.  Patches?  Both adds have been massive amd CB a pure upgrade.

And if McDermott's system needs am all world LB to make it work... time to change systems. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The KC win had a couple great plays but overall it was a “boring” win with some bend but don’t break D and a couple big takeaways.

I think they can beat Dallas with another boring win. When Buffalo gets into trouble it’s when they get drunk on throwing downfield when they don’t need to and going 3 and outs.

Just ball control it, mix in some short passes and off script Josh runs and i think they will come out with a W.

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

yea they do but they live here so they will be used to the weather.  its not much different.

they practice inside and outside

Gotcha, thanks. I figured something like the cold would definitely affect the hands, catching, throwing, etc.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.