Bills @ Chiefs Game Thread - 1st half

Simon

7 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

no when the bills where at the line before thstop it was at 19s.....after they reset the bills had 27s

Just DVRd it. When Diggs was slammed to the ground, there was 34 on the clock. After the review, they put it at 27, so it was a 7 second run off....very odd.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

There was probably a sideline throw called and Allen saw bad leverage everywhere so just turfed it to preserve time for another play

Totally agree, 100% that is what that was.  Allen absolutely turfed it to save the clock when the quick out was not there.  Surprised people don't get that

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Wait…so you’re saying the timeout did in fact preserve time but are also blaming him for calling the timeout lol sounds about right for the gdt 

What im saying is McD has a history of these inexplicable timeouts and this one was a real head scratcher when it happened, like i said go back and rewatch and give me your opinion and the unnecessary aggresiveness is also about right for the gdt

Edited by Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin

Allen's playing great, but if he's going to be a truly great QB, he can't throw the INT.  A truly good QB knows that at that point in the game, the #1 objective is to score and the #2 objective is to eat clock and win the field position game.  So, you don't throw that ball in that situation.  Run, throw it away, find something else to do, but do not risk an INT.   

He'll learn. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Or maybe 17-0 if Josh plays things smart.

Can someone explain this to me I genuinely don’t get it…he would’ve had to throw the ball away on that third down and the chiefs certainly could’ve marched right down and scored with no time left for the offense anyway.  

this whole ‘it was a 10 or 14 point swing’ type stuff is wild 

2 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

What im saying is McD has a history of these inexplicable timeouts and this one was a real head scratcher when it happened, like i said go back and rewatch and give me your opinion

It was not at all lol. I literally know exactly when it happened and told you in my post.  Stopped the clock AND got to talk it over on defense.  If the clock was stopped when he called it I’d agree with you but that is not what happened 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Then you didn't watch the end of the half

I sure did and I see a lot of people not understanding that a defensive timeout with the clock running preserves time for your offense and an injury under 2 minutes is a forced automatic timeout on this board 😂

maybe you have some valid criticism which is why I asked but a lot of what I’m seeing is bollocks lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Allen's playing great, but if he's going to be a truly great QB, he can't throw the INT.  A truly good QB knows that at that point in the game, the #1 objective is to score and the #2 objective is to eat clock and win the field position game.  So, you don't throw that ball in that situation.  Run, throw it away, find something else to do, but do not risk an INT.   

He'll learn. 

Chiefs would have scored even if we punted. We weren’t shutting them out in the first half. 

he’ll learn???

bahahaha! Come on we have seen this for six years! 

but relax!!! He still has a better than 2:1 TD to turnover ratio. It is who he is. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.