Burned out?

damj

not sure you should be spending as much time on Bills stuff.   we have a top franchise , don't let the media corrupt you into thinking that winning the SB is all there is and that there is only one winner each year in the NFL.   The NFL is super competitive ,i kind of wish the playoffs did not exist.  win your division and that is success.  seems like it s better to not go to the SB than to go and then not win the game .   

• Like (+1) 1

I dont get burned out on Bills football....  I get frustrated with things that happen during the game...Decisicions that are made 

concerning the team.    I think some people put winning above watching football or having a football team to watch and root for. 

its like the elitist that if he/she doesnt have the best of everything all the time they cant just take joy in the act of what they are doing. 

Take the mckelvin game where he fumbled.   the only difference in watching that game was on the last play and in the win/loss column,

everything else for the duration of the game would have been the exact same game regardless of that.   Yet...the ending completely ruined the entire game

and probably the next month for so many bills fans.  

Also i think to many people get caught up in the... if my team wins im a winner if my team loses everyone is going to see me as  a loser.  you have to distance yourself from that mentality.   try to enjoy the game more than just the win/loss colum.  

just my take.  

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, damj said:

I don't know if it's just me ... but after the last 13 weeks, I'm burned out with this team. I'm a season ticket holder,  and I'll be out there the next 2 weeks regardless and sporting the red, white and blue ... but I really don't care anymore.

But then again, maybe it is just me ... I don't care about much of anything any more. 

I looked to the Bills to be a distraction from everything else in my life,  but they're just as F'd as everything else

Sounds like it’s you.  Sorry you’re having a rough patch, but things WILL get better!

I’m unusually and uncharacteristically detached about the Bills right now (for me) but the rest of my world is pretty vivid despite some struggles with elder care

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Burned out is not in Americans vocabulary. We work through our fatigue until we get used to the feeling. We never slow and we never stop working. That’s the American way. 

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Are you 18 years old?

Once Upon a Time in America maybe over 30 or 40 years ago American culture did live by those words.  They were brought up on a steady diet of John Wayne, Steve McQueen, Clint Eastwood, Sean Connery, Chuck Norris, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and Al Pacino movies to name a few.   They were pro- America and were the social influencers of the day.  The warrior ethos

Edited by Coldfronts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 12/7/2023 at 1:13 AM, damj said:

Maybe because I am depressed. Thanks for your support 👍

Maybe I'm making a point what is supposed to be a fun distraction from all the sh!t that drags us down every day isn't anymore

Feel you brother. 5c worth of free advice. take it how you will. Get your testosterone levels checked. I started TRT therapy about a year ago, and it's LIFE changing. I have 3 year old twins, NOTHING bothers me anymore... things are great, its like rocket fuel and its mostly for mental stability. Gains in the gym are tremendous too. Get active, start moving around and mood will improve. I promise. 

Keep fighting the good fight. The weight of the world is on the shoulder of men, and has been since the dawn of time. Embrace it. Fight like hell every day and rise above the noise. 

1 hour ago, Coldfronts said:

Once Upon a Time in America maybe over 30 or 40 years ago American culture did live by those words.  They were brought up on a steady diet of John Wayne, Steve McQueen, Clint Eastwood, Sean Connery, Chuck Norris, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and Al Pacino movies to name a few.   They were pro- America and were the social influencers of the day.  The warrior ethos

When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he's pushing the Earth down.

Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

Time waits for no man. Unless that man is Chuck Norris.

The flu gets a Chuck Norris shot every year.

When Chuck Norris does division, there are no remainders.

Chuck Norris breathes air ... five times a day.

When God said, “Let there be light!” Chuck Norris said, “Say Please.”

The dinosaurs looked at Chuck Norris the wrong way once. You know what happened to them.

Chuck Norris does not own a stove, oven or microwave, because revenge is a dish best served cold.

The only time Chuck Norris was ever wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 12/7/2023 at 12:42 AM, damj said:

I don't know if it's just me ... but after the last 13 weeks, I'm burned out with this team. I'm a season ticket holder,  and I'll be out there the next 2 weeks regardless and sporting the red, white and blue ... but I really don't care anymore.

But then again, maybe it is just me ... I don't care about much of anything any more. 

I looked to the Bills to be a distraction from everything else in my life,  but they're just as F'd as everything else

On 12/7/2023 at 1:06 AM, damj said:

Same here ... I bought into seasons last year after a 25 year hiatus and I'm love loving it ... I love the memories I'm building with my son ...

... I guess where I'm at is after Covid ... then 2022 which was one sh!storm after another... I was looking forward to this season to take my mind off it all.  I wasn't expecting Superbowl and I thought the AFC was going to be a tough fight... but this team has underwhelmed at every turn. I'll be out there every week still cheering, but it just doesn't feel the same anymore. 

Then again,  maybe it's the bourbon/ Jack Daniel's cooler / White Claw / vodka talking ... or the heartfelt convo with my coworker talking... 

If I had to narrow it down, I'd say the the bourbon is responsible for the part about the memories with your son, the vodka said the part about the heartfelt conversation with the coworker, the Jack Daniels cooler said all the stuff about not caring about the Bills anymore because it would be getting later in the night when you broke out that sort of talk, and you were probably running out of alternatives at that point if you were resorting to drinking a Jack Daniels cooler, and the White Claw at the very end of the evening (or morning, as it were given the time stamp) said the part about not caring about much of anything anymore... including, obviously, the taste of your beverage.

In all seriousness, hope you bust out of your funk. Holidays are no fun when you're in the dumps.

On 12/6/2023 at 11:42 PM, damj said:

That’s what having Sean McClap as your HC does to ya.

• Like (+1) 1

Several factors for me:

• I sat in that stadium and watched this team give up when they were 60 minutes from probably hosting the AFC Championship game last year
  • Recent move out of the area.  Less of a constant bombardment
  • Related to above, distance will mean fewer games attended.  Skipped the Broncos game because I didn't wanna do the 16-hour, 1,000 mile round trip drive twice in 6 days.  Preparing for more of those next season
  • Loss of Kim Pegula in day-to-day operation - she was the engagement piece of the management team, for alums and fans alike.  WIth her out of the mix I feel like this has taken an even further back seat to the bottom line
  • Impending stadium move - PSL's will probably mean the end of my time as a season ticket member (currently in year 37) although we may band together as a shared group and keep a couple of seats for rotating attendance.
  • Personal realization that we probably have already passed the peak of our current coaching staff and doubt it'll change until it's too late
Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

On 12/7/2023 at 7:16 AM, BarleyNY said:

I feel ya. I’m frustrated. I can no longer hope against reason that McDermott can lead this team to the promised land. If I’m honest, I knew after 13 seconds. No big Von Miller addition this season to give hope that we have the talent - and confidence - on the roster to overcome his coaching either. This team has played like they know they can’t win it all with this HC. It’s no surprise that many of the fans feel the same. That sucks particularly badly this season since the AFC is so ripe for the taking. 

I think you summed things up well Barley.  The team plays like they can't win big with this HC.  And watching the games, you get that sense.  The defense especially plays passive in big moments, and without Milano has noone who will knock your lights out.  We are just not a cocky bunch out on the field anymore.  Even Diggs has lost his swag.  

That being said, I am always pumped when we take the field.  And am very pumped for this Sunday's matchup w the Chiefs.  The Chiefs are not a confident strong team right now, especially on offense.  We have had two weeks to prepare.  And need to come out and play fast and hard from the opening whistle.  No reason with a good game plan that we should not beat the Chiefs by at least two scores.  They have nothing at WR.  Their O line is overrated.  Kelce is showing his age.  And this year has not been the best version of Mahomes by far.  If we look flat, timid, disinterested, and unfocused, it's all on McDermott.  And the eulogy for this season and our head coach will have been written.  But I think Josh shines and we win 34-20.  Lets go Buffalo.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Burned out is not in Americans vocabulary. We work through our fatigue until we get used to the feeling. We never slow and we never stop working. That’s the American way. 

You don't sound like no slack-jawed f*****. You sound like a goddam sexual tyrannosaur.

blain-predator.gif

• Like (+1) 1

The NFL season is so intense that it feels long, even if it's the shortest by far among the pro sports, with so little games. It's like a super long sprint. And of course the weather takes it toll on us, a lot less sunlight and so on. So some fatigue is normal. But man, I love it and want them to win so bad. And get as excited during the games for sure. 

The Bills have fallen the way of the Sabres in my mind. I watch until it gets stupid and then shut it off. Neither team is worth the frustration or anger over anymore. It seems the Bills find new ways to blow it every week. I think we almost covered every way to lose. The bad thing is that almost every game has been on in NJ. I almost wish they were not!! LOL

Edited by HopelessNJBuffaloFan

16 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

Also i think to many people get caught up in the... if my team wins im a winner if my team loses everyone is going to see me as  a loser.  you have to distance yourself from that mentality.   try to enjoy the game more than just the win/loss colum.  

just my take.  

Indeed. But the expectations are way too different now. The Bills really do have the talent to win it all. And so... that's we want that. Not a 17-0 season though, as many seem to need to even smile just a little bit.

Foe example, the Eagles game was very exciting. But I didn't care after it was done, the Bills lost! I don't see them as losers, at all, but they might miss the playoffs. If that game had happened week 1, it would have been great. Now, its WIN baby. 

• Like (+1) 1

I try and just enjoy the games week to week  Any week they have a legitimate shot to win and unfortunately this year has lost some head scratchers as well Been some exciting games, even some of the losses with a few clunkers  It is what it is  Josh can still put on a show at any moment so it keeps me tuning in

49 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

I try and just enjoy the games week to week  Any week they have a legitimate shot to win and unfortunately this year has lost some head scratchers as well Been some exciting games, even some of the losses with a few clunkers  It is what it is  Josh can still put on a show at any moment so it keeps me tuning in

Unfortunately when Josh puts on a show  400-500 total yards  it seems we lose half those games

8 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

It’s called hope…. There is not a lot left with this team. Time for a new beginning. McDermott has to go and time to clean the house a little. Or it’s just gonna be more of the same. That’s what is weighing on fans.

Exactly...fans are frustrated,  exhausted and fed up with the incessant way we lose games late.  The stress just accelerates.  Will Terry do the right thing and jettison McD for an offensive HC?  Will fans cool to expensive PSL's while watching JA be wasted?  Yeah, I can easily see some burn out happening amongst fans.

On 12/7/2023 at 12:42 AM, damj said:

Sounds to me like you have more personal issues than anything else. Take care friend. This is a GAME. Nothing about the Bills or any sport should drain you. Take care of yourself. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.