Constipation. This one got stuck in my digestive tract.

ShakAttack

32 minutes ago, kkim0904 said:

For me, It took one more day to digest than bonehead 12 man game.  However This one is not bad as wide right or KC 13 seconds.

for whatever reason I was able to move on from 12 men on the field sooner than this one.  Maybe it’s because of how much it felt like a giant missed opportunity (even though you could argue so was denver)…. But this one…. Was much more of a “waste”.  I think that’s it. Allen sucked against Denver.  But you know, if I’m trying to be positive here, it also brought a necessary good to the Bills in Dorsey being fired and Brady taking over.  Could be a similar deal with this Philly game (I.e. the game that ultimately gets McDermott fired).

although, selfishly, firing McDermott will be slightly bittersweet for me, since my son was born on the same day we hired McDermott (1/11/17) and ended the drought, and I always thought that was pretty cool 

Edited by BobBelcher

1 hour ago, BobBelcher said:

Usually, I am pretty good about having a “24 hour process” coming off bad Bills losses in which, by Tuesday morning, the game will still come to mind on and off, but I’ll be over it for the most part.

This time… I can’t get it out of my system; it’s stuck.  Stuck on flashing back to the absolutely ridiculous 59 yard field goal and missed connection to Gabe Davis in OT, specifically. Along with being SO SICK AND TIRED of being involved in “instant classic” games year after year, but being on the losing end of them EVERY TIME!!!  

I absolutely hate this part about being a sports fan. 

And I am just wondering how many of you are in the same boat?  Because we have gone through numerous BAD losses this season, but something about this one, despite being an NFC opponent, has got me so backed up with sh*t thoughts and I am unable to pass this brain stool. 

It all feels so familiar…. After two decades of digging through the instant recall to unearth  moral victories, we had a couple years reprieve where the team outperformed expectations and appeared to have a bright future.  Now it’s hard to escape the feeling that the franchise has peaked, and now half the fans are calling for a partial or complete housecleaning either forgetting or never experiencing how disruptive that type of overhaul is and that this is the same owner that saw Rex Ryan as a good hire. 

and we’ve got the reality that the team has a lot of both expensive and old, injured, slowing or intermittently performing talent an underwhelming record and a coaching staff that doesn’t seem to have answers.

52 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I remember how angry I was after the Giants game.  Even though we won it felt like a loss.  This game had heartbreak written all over it after Hochuli did his 10 penalties to 1 act.  We had so many opportunities to put them away only to watch conservative McDufus open the door for Hurts and his coaches.  If we lose to KC, I'll be rooting for McDermott's immediate firing and as high a draft pick as we can get.

The whole problem with Buffalo for me is not even a single horrible loss here and there.  It's the macro.  These other clubs are killing themselves to find a viable QB.  And we have the best QB in the game here other than Patrick Mahomes.  Josh is here...he's in the building, he's at practice.  He's pretty much the only QB who never misses games and he's got every tool....and the Bills are wasting it.  If the man was playing for Philly or San Fran or Pittsburgh or the Rams, Seattle whatever...he'd have a Super Bowl by now maybe even more.   This city man.. ugh.

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

Now that i’m older, The game usually washes off me in less than 24 hours. This one hurts a bit more because like 13 seconds, They blew the chance to win TWICE.  Couldn’t get the stop at the end, or in OT.  Disgraceful. 

I will say, if my defense holds a team to trying a 59 yards field goal in bad conditions to tie it up at the end of regulation - I'm not too upset at them.  Elliot will potentially be a hall of fame level kicker.  Sometimes those guys just make plays.

3 hours ago, teef said:

i'm oddly numb to it.

Same here. The second the game was over, I quietly turned the channel to Shark Tank (because Mark Cuban soothes my soul). 

Shortly thereafter, I went outside and replaced my Bills flag with my holiday-themed flag (we’d decorated the porch before the game started). 

Then I went on with the remainder of my Sunday. 

I will get excited again when we have a new head coach. 

3 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

Usually, I am pretty good about having a “24 hour process” coming off bad Bills losses in which, by Tuesday morning, the game will still come to mind on and off, but I’ll be over it for the most part.

This time… I can’t get it out of my system; it’s stuck.  Stuck on flashing back to the absolutely ridiculous 59 yard field goal and missed connection to Gabe Davis in OT, specifically. Along with being SO SICK AND TIRED of being involved in “instant classic” games year after year, but being on the losing end of them EVERY TIME!!!  

And I am just wondering how many of you are in the same boat?  Because we have gone through numerous BAD losses this season, but something about this one, despite being an NFC opponent, has got me so backed up with sh*t thoughts and I am unable to pass this brain stool. 

Consider less Opioids.  

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

It’s definitely bizarre and unusual that the same scenario has essentially played out 3x already this year.  Including the point differential (3).  And that we’ve lost all 3. 

A couple of “opposite” scenarios that come to mind was last year against Ravens and I think Miami game #2 ended this way as well.

we had the ball towards end of game in both of those games (definitely in the ravens game) but down by LESS THAN 3 POINTS, so therefore, once we got into chip shot FG range, we were able to bleed the clock and ensure our opponent never touches the ball again. 

That is a 100x better situation to be in and that situation COULD have happened yesterday as well, but due to a couple missed FGs and a defensive blunder to give up that 3rd and 15 TD, we ended up being down by 4, needing a touchdown, and in that situation you can’t really bleed the clock because you have to take the opportunities to score when you have them. 

I just looked up those two games and by the scoring summary the Bills were dominating at the end of the games.  

Miami less so but they didn’t score after 12 minutes left in the 4th.  

Baltimore didn’t score after half.  

So yes time ran out and we scored but not a nail biter per se.   

Good memory though.   I wouldn’t have gotten those under threat of life!

4 hours ago, Low Positive said:

This one wouldn't be sticking with any of us if they had not lost to the Jets, Pats, and the Broncos. That was a great game between two really good teams. It just so happens that one of those good teams lost three games that they had no business losing so this loss means much more than it should.

Yes and no. It wouldn’t be as devastating, but the number of things that had to align for them not to win that game is maddening, made more so by a combination of really cowardly and never-endingly stupid coaching decisions when the game was still there to be won. Regardless of the Jets, Pats and Broncos game outcomes, Sunday’s game was a microcosm of why they’ll never get over the hump with McDermott. Add in the fact their season hung in the balance and it makes it downright unforgivable. 

13 seconds - I couldn’t get over it for about a week

Last years playoffs I said I’m done with it effecting me anymore 

im just sick of getting mad I don’t want that energy so - I need to realize like I started to with hockey, baseball and college football now - I’m just going to start enjoying games 

it’s harder with Buffalo becuase they are so engrained into who I am I guess (I’m sure all of us)

not so like the Yankees, sabres or college football team for me 

I use to be die hard Yankees fan - jeter retired and I just stopped 

I take in about a dozen games a year I love the game and coach it but I don’t follow it anymore like I use to

not sure that will ever happen with football but I get you man

i feel for all of you it hurts 

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m sooo over this version of the Bills. These guys can’t hold a candle to the 90’s Teams. Back then you KNEW they’d find a way to win. Now you sit there KNOWING they’re going to ‘f’ it up. 

You know what's funny?  The ONE exception to this under McDermott was the 2019 Bills.  This is obviously the year before Allen took off as a player, but we made the playoffs because typically the defense was able to protect leads at the end of close games and even if we took a lead with ~5 minutes left, the defense would protect that lead the rest of the way.  At least a few of those games ended with the defense forcing turnovers.  As I recall, Tre White had at least a couple of those by himself.  

I can't really remember any close game trends one way or the other in 2020, but I do remember Allen coming back to beat the LA Rams after we blew a huge lead and had to re-claim it.  

But it seems like ever since 2021, we have had this bizarre trend of being among the NFL's best in point differential, yet being noticeably worse than other "elite" teams when it came to winning close contests.  In 2021 specifically, I remember at one point it felt like we were either blowing teams out or losing, hence the 7-6 record, in which only 1 of those games were lost by more than 1 TD (Colts).  Does that sound familiar?  

Anyway, when you see this happen repeatedly, and it's not because your offense is bad, you HAVE to point back to coaching at some point.  But in 2019, it did go the other way around.  I guess playmakers that forced turnovers was the difference that year.

7 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

You know what's funny?  The ONE exception to this under McDermott was the 2019 Bills.  This is obviously the year before Allen took off as a player, but we made the playoffs because typically the defense was able to protect leads at the end of close games and even if we took a lead with ~5 minutes left, the defense would protect that lead the rest of the way.  At least a few of those games ended with the defense forcing turnovers.  As I recall, Tre White had at least a couple of those by himself.  

I can't really remember any close game trends one way or the other in 2020, but I do remember Allen coming back to beat the LA Rams after we blew a huge lead and had to re-claim it.  

But it seems like ever since 2021, we have had this bizarre trend of being among the NFL's best in point differential, yet being noticeably worse than other "elite" teams when it came to winning close contests.  In 2021 specifically, I remember at one point it felt like we were either blowing teams out or losing, hence the 7-6 record, in which only 1 of those games were lost by more than 1 TD (Colts).  Does that sound familiar?  

Anyway, when you see this happen repeatedly, and it's not because your offense is bad, you HAVE to point back to coaching at some point.  But in 2019, it did go the other way around.  I guess playmakers that forced turnovers was the difference that year.

I look at it differently. This team is mentally soft. Time and time again they collapse when they should be stiffening in the moment. Time and time again this team looks completely unprepared to play a football game coming out of the locker room…in BOTH halves. Put all of that together and you know why fans are starting to believe it’s coaching. (I’ve known that for some time.) 

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I look at it differently. This team is mentally soft. Time and time again they collapse when they should be stiffening in the moment. Time and time again this team looks completely unprepared to play a football game coming out of the locker room…in BOTH halves. Put all of that together and you know why fans are starting to believe it’s coaching. (I’ve known that for some time.) 

SoCal is spot on.  Not ready to go at the beginning.  Great in the middle.  Can't finish at the end.  

I didn’t have any expectations for this season because I didn’t feel we were a good team last year for the exception of the Rams game. I figured we would bottom out this season and finish with 6 wins and fire McD. 

Most fans of other teams felt the same heading into this season. We aren’t very good.

Sunday evening, Monday and Tuesday are always miserable and I have this feeling like I have been kicked in the gut. By the time Wednesday morning rolls around I convince myself that the bills are on their way to the Super Bowl and I’m ready for Sunday again. It’s simply a mental illness we all share 

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

Same here. The second the game was over, I quietly turned the channel to Shark Tank (because Mark Cuban soothes my soul). 

Shortly thereafter, I went outside and replaced my Bills flag with my holiday-themed flag (we’d decorated the porch before the game started). 

Then I went on with the remainder of my Sunday. 

I will get excited again when we have a new head coach. 

once that game went into overtime i think we all knew what was coming.  that's the problem...there's too much evidence of failure over and over.  i certainly watch the games on sunday but my interest right now is drought level low.  right now i can't imagine going into next season with the same staff.

13 hours ago, SWATeam said:

That’s the Novocain 

i'm under general anesthesia at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, teef said:

once that game went into overtime i think we all knew what was coming.  that's the problem...there's too much evidence of failure over and over.  i certainly watch the games on sunday but my interest right now is drought level low.  right now i can't imagine going into next season with the same staff.

Are you sure it wasn’t a roofie? 

18 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

Yeah I am the same way after a bad loss. For me, the worst part is how the frustration makes it hard to get a good night’s sleep after game day. 

It’s definitely hard to just “shut off” I’ve tried detaching a bit after a loss which means staying away from national and local coverage and social media.   Here too - though the fact I get suspended every time I start a topic has made that part easy 🤣🤣🤣

But in the end, I think it’s typical for most sports fans that are heavily invested in a team.  There’s highs and lows and rarely feelings in between.   And once you’re all the way in and invested in a time, it’s impossible to stop.  It’s like it’s hardwired in.  

I think that’s why this place is popular.  A lot of use it to vent or overreact because in the end, there’s absolutely nothing we can do to change the outcome.

The key is not to let it affect your real life.   What has helped me is to think about how meaningless the NFL is in the grand scheme for most of us compared to family, friends, career etc…

1 hour ago, teef said:

I did as well.  The Bills always find a way to lose in overtime.

While the FG might have been the logical decision I really hated not going for it on 4th and 6.  I knew that if we didn’t score a TD Philly wouldn’t match down the field.  Even if we failed, the defense would still need to be in the same position to make a stop. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I envy the ones who get over it. I know it’s just a game but I have such an unhealthy love for bills football and wanting one Super Bowl win. I’m really struggling this year getting over games. I can take the bills being outplayed. But the jets loss in opener losing on a punt return td (missed tripping call) the turnovers just had no business losing that game. The patriots game-Mac Jones who literally gets benched every single week goes down field game winning TD.  Broncos game- a lot to say but 11 guys on field then bills win. Game over.  Eagles game-even more to say (officiating, coaching, 2 missed kicks) but if 59 yarder in rain doesn’t go in or Allen/davis connect game over.  Just brutal unbelievable losses.

On 11/28/2023 at 3:00 PM, teef said:

i'm oddly numb to it.

Same. After 13 seconds, I half expect the collapse, and then the L.

If you accept that the L is inevitable, it makes it a lot easier to go forward with your life.

I remember way back when, after Norwood’s wide right, that stuck with me for days, and I had trouble sleeping for a while.

But with McD, and what the Bills have done under his watch in the last 6 years, it’s not as unsettling because again, I expect it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.