Irsay On 2014 Arrest - Happened Because He's A White Billionaire

H2o

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38957988/jim-irsay-cites-status-white-billionaire-2014-arrest

"I am prejudiced against because I'm a rich, white billionaire," Irsay said during the interview, which aired Tuesday night. "If I'm just the average guy down the block, they're not pulling me in, of course not."

He might be the next sports owner semi-forced out. If anything, it's the other way around. Billionaires get away with murder compared to the average Joe like you or me. It couldn't be the fact that he was wasted, nooooooo. Pretty much everything that comes out of this guy's mouth is tone deaf or ridiculous. I can't believe he's made it this long. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

9 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

An absolute moron.  Without his means this guy would be in jail or dead.  

Yeah, the rich white male billionaire just can't get ahead in this world...

Where they live the police show up when called faster than anywhere else, what else could that be but obvious oppression. 😏

• Haha (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Nitro said:

He is a sad case.  I live Indy and he was a know drinker and rumored pill popper.  It was a matter of time before he got caught.  Totally clueless dude.

Pretty sure those rumors have long been confirmed as fact. Wasn’t he found with, let’s say, “more than a month’s supply” of opioids during the very arrest he’s talking about?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Pretty sure those rumors have long been confirmed as fact. Wasn’t he found with, let’s say, “more than a month’s supply” of opioids during the very arrest he’s talking about?

yes.  I worked in local PD back then.  A normal dude would have a dealing charge.  He got the light slap on the wrist.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

i suppose it is possible he is correct, he could be a sherman mccoy type of target, but still, he's not smart mentioning it.

and based on his inability to "read the room", i'd suggest he provided more than a few reasons to be targetted.

Poor billionaires indeed.

...and every time I have to jump through a zillion hoops to get my kid's tiny dose of meds at the pharmacy now with all the "controlled substances" hoops and confusing rules, I think fondly and thank the Sacklers and their Purdue pharmaceutical business that pushed oxycontin products like a Mexican drug cartel.

Create an opioid epidemic and as long as they had the $ to pay a 6 billion dollar settlement no one does any jail time.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I heard he had a month's supply in his stomach.

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Nitro said:

yes.  I worked in local PD back then.  A normal dude would have a dealing charge.  He got the light slap on the wrist.

See if he wasn't rich they'd assume he was dealing, but because he is they stereotype him as a massive drug addict, such discrimination. 😏

• Like (+1) 3

Irsay has evidently been dipped in sh-t

Ya gotta be a special sort of DS(see above) to be a billionaire and get busted, what a schmuck,

1 hour ago, H2o said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38957988/jim-irsay-cites-status-white-billionaire-2014-arrest

He might be the next sports owner semi-forced out. If anything, it's the other way around. Billionaires get away with murder compared to the average Joe like you or me. It couldn't be the fact that he was wasted, nooooooo. Pretty much everything that comes out of this guy's mouth is tone deaf or ridiculous. I can't believe he's made it this long. 

~Lifestyles of the rich and the famous
They're always complainin'
Always complainin'
If money is such a problem
Well they got mansions
Think we should rob them~

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So, Jim's handling things well today....

Either he has trouble with the English language or it almost seems he may have been blitzed typing his response. That white billionaire oppression is hard to live with on a daily basis I guess. The only way to comfort one's self is to brag about the $$$ you (supposedly) hand out looking for the ole "atta boy" and pat on the back. 

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

To be fair white billionaires are a minority.  I've never met a single one 

Are they classified as an endangered species yet?

Just sad that he likely fried his brain cells on his drinking and then added a drug addiction with a drug that also is harmful when abused.  

I imagine he isn't sober and it wouldn't surprise me the league isn't actively trying to push him out.  I hope his heirs aren't following in his lifestyle choices.  I imagine even a change to an heir has to be approved in someway for it to be official.  If the league finds the heir unsuitable a forced sale at that point may be pushed by league.

Edited by AuntieEm

40 minutes ago, wppete said:

Makes sense. The worst kind of money. 

It's not the money that is the problem with Irsay. He's just an idiot, whether it is an effect of his alcoholism and opoid abuse or is he just an idiot because he never had to do an honest days work -- I don't know now really care to find out.  

4 hours ago, SWATeam said:

An absolute moron.  Without his means this guy would be in jail or dead.  

Yeah, the rich white male billionaire just can't get ahead in this world...

Exactly. I'm a not rich white male but somehow I've managed to navigate my life pretty easily. God I hate privileged people

11 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Exactly. I'm a not rich white male but somehow I've managed to navigate my life pretty easily. God I hate privileged people

I don't think you should mix God with anything even resembling hate.  I personally pity privileged people as they have disadvantages due to their wealth. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.