Around the NFL - Week 10 - Sunday, November 12th

RiotAct

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

Stroud is a better passer than Allen already, not as good, better.   I think at this point the trade offer would be Allen and a first for Stroud and the Texans would still reject it.

Allen is on the decent already and has a massive contract, Stroud is coming up and cheap for years to come.

Allen has a way larger body of work. NFL defenses could get some film on Stroud and find things to limit his effectiveness still. Everybody knows what Allen is about, and he still is near the top of the QB stats every year. 

• Agree 1

Yikes... Suffice to say that a bunch of AFC teams have and will continue to lap us.  Cleveland and Houston (the friggen Texans) are now light years ahead of where we are supposed to be.  Gonna be tough to catch back up over the next several years with this aged roster and cap issues.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Didn’t exactly deny it

Just now, DCofNC said:

Stroud is a better passer than Allen already, not as good, better.   I think at this point the trade offer would be Allen and a first for Stroud and the Texans would still reject it.

Allen is on the decent already and has a massive contract, Stroud is coming up and cheap for years to come.

Oh okay. 

Allen on the descent.

Give me a freaking break. 

• Like (+1) 2

I love how Stroud is having a purple patch and people are already wishing we could trade for him. Josh has sustained his form over three years. Shall we see what happens across the season, and possibly with a different HC/OC before throwing Josh in the bin and sucking up to a rookie or someone in the draft?

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The 1:00 hour was remarkably devastating for the Bills. It feels like they lost without playing.

The Buffalo Bills have a 37% chance of making the playoffs after wins by the Texans, Browns, and Steelers.

I think Pittsburgh is going to start losing, and the Texans are very inconsistent. Bengals losing was huge for the wild card. I would call it a wash.

I'm not sure if the Bills are going to start winning or not, so it may all be moot anyway.

• Agree 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I thought the around the NFL thread couldn't possibly be dumber than the game day thread 😂😂

I didn't think serious discussions about trading Josh would take place without him even throwing an interception or overthrowing a receiver this weekend (yet).

28 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

If we continue to win Texans can’t catch up. 

Look at our remaining schedule and then look at theirs. I think at this point it's likely they finish with the same record or better than ours, and probably a better conference record which gives them the h2h over us.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, henry jones said:

Yikes... Suffice to say that a bunch of AFC teams have and will continue to lap us.  Cleveland and Houston (the friggen Texans) are now light years ahead of where we are supposed to be.  Gonna be tough to catch back up over the next several years with this aged roster and cap issues.  

Holy crap is this an extreme amount of hyperbole. Lap the Bills? Light years ahead? I get it, you love doom and gloom, but breathe, take a Xanax, go for a walk…it’ll be ok  

Just now, DapperCam said:

I think Pittsburgh is going to start losing, and the Texans are very inconsistent. Bengals losing was huge for the wild card. I would call it a wash.

I'm not sure if the Bills are going to start winning or not, so it may all be moot anyway.

AFC north and South teams still have a bunch of Division games still. Things will shake out much different once they are played.

5 minutes ago, henry jones said:

“Light years” 😂

10 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

This is stuff we'd say during the drought. I'm. It ready to be back to that just yet. Final wild. Are is not going to cut it. The schedule coming up is brutal. 

I don't disagree, just stating the facts. Not a good feeling to be in the position we are in right now

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The 1:00 hour was remarkably devastating for the Bills. It feels like they lost without playing.

The Buffalo Bills have a 37% chance of making the playoffs after wins by the Texans, Browns, and Steelers.

It will quickly change, when we beat Broncos on Monday.  60% and higher...

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, henry jones said:

Jesus.  We’re 5-4 and so are they. 

They’re where we are right now.  

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

It’s such a fair weather take 

A guy with 18 TDs, 2nd in completion percentage. 6 more TDs rushing, 4th in passing yards and he’s descending. 

Lamar choked again.

Burrow had 2 Ints and won’t face a lick of media criticism.

The Chargers are on their way to losing at home. 

And we’re whining about CJ Stroud, a guy who we had 0 chance of getting, doesn’t play in our division, and hasn’t played the Bills.

Whatever. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

A guy with 18 TDs, 2nd in completion percentage. 6 more TDs rushing, 4th in passing yards and he’s descending. 

Lamar choked again.

Burrow had 2 Ints and won’t face a lick of media criticism.

The Chargers are on their way to losing at home. 

And we’re whining about CJ Stroud, a guy who we had 0 chance of getting, doesn’t play in our division, and hasn’t played the Bills.

Whatever. 

Absolutely, perfectly stated. 

28 minutes ago, mannc said:

We’re going to have to win the AFCE…it’s our best chance…fish are in late-season fade mode

Decent chance that week 18 game against them is for the division... might even be a lose and you're out of the playoffs game. Which means McDermott maybe coaching for his job on Sunday Night Football. Very cool stuff, great to see this season is living up to expectations.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, kkim0904 said:

It will quickly change, when we beat Broncos on Monday.  60% and higher...

Very incorrect. It's only 42% if we beat the Broncos. And only 49% if we beat the Broncos AND the Jets.

The Bills are at the point where they're going to have to beat the Cowboys and Chargers AND pull a major upset (one of @PHI, @KC, or @MIA) to make the playoffs.

Just now, HappyDays said:

Decent chance that week 18 game against them is for the division... might even be a lose and you're out of the playoffs game. Which means McDermott maybe coaching for his job on Sunday Night Football. Very cool stuff, great to see this season is living up to expectations.

As much as I've been positive on this thread, at this stage I'd be delighted if the Bills were in a position to win the division heading to Miami.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

What's your prediction for record leading into that game 

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Holy crap is this an extreme amount of hyperbole. Lap the Bills? Light years ahead? I get it, you love doom and gloom, but breathe, take a Xanax, go for a walk…it’ll be ok  

Bills fans have been waiting for the other shoe to drop since they started winning in 2020. Now that they have hit a bit of adversity, they are overreacting. 

26 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Oh the Texans had 550 yards of offense?

that’s impossible, they have a defensive head coach. Only offensive head coaches can succeed, Bills fans told me

Bobby Slowik appears to be an excellent OC. Dorsey was an uninspiring hire from the beginning.

But what you have to accept is that we are not going to permanently improve our offensive coaching unless that change comes at the top. Look at what happened to the Falcons after Kyle Shanahan got hired away. I think there's a decent chance Houston and Detroit go through a similar drop off when their OCs inevitably get hired as head coaches.

Very incorrect. It's only 42% if we beat the Broncos. And only 49% if we beat the Broncos AND the Jets.

The Bills are at the point where they're going to have to beat the Cowboys and Chargers AND pull a major upset (one of @PHI, @KC, or @MIA) to make the playoffs.

So let’s do it then. 

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Was last week the Bengals Super Bowl?????

Just kidding. But it does go to show how the whole week-to-week league thing is very real.

Choke it down national media. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I still believe the Bengals losing to Houston was a good thing, but having both the Browns and Steelers win was indeed not helpful.

Cleveland has an easier remaining schedule than the Steelers imo, and it's hard to see them losing 5 of their final 8 to fall short of 10 wins. Pittsburgh should fall back, however that may be to the benefit of Cincy as they still play each other twice and I expect a sweep there. Houston's remaining schedule is very manageable.

On top of all that, we currently hold tiebreakers over exactly zero of those teams. It's going to be an uphill battle to make the playoffs for sure, but it is doable. Any run has to start with holding serve against the Broncos and Jets at home. 

Edited by buffblue

Just now, HappyDays said:

Bobby Slowik appears to be an excellent OC. Dorsey was an uninspiring hire from the beginning.

But what you have to accept is that we are not going to permanently improve our offensive coaching unless that change comes at the top. Look at what happened to the Falcons after Kyle Shanahan got hired away. I think there's a decent chance Houston and Detroit go through a similar drop off when their OCs inevitably get hired as head coaches.

Sure, god knows I want Dorsey gone like yesterday. 

I think Frank Reich would be a cool OC if he bails on Carolina.

I’ll take those odds …

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.