Around the NFL - Week 10 - Sunday, November 12th

RiotAct

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

No he wasn't?

Cook got a lot of carries at the end of the season but I'm with you ............. as far as I know Singletary was still the starter.  Cook has never been able to pass block well and considering we run about 10 times a game our RB's are mostly pass blockers.

16 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Maybe it’s the added competition to knock off a competitor. Look at all the garbage teams in just the last 10/15 years throughout Manning and Brady’s careers who played exceptionally better football than the rest of their season… Same you see with KC. 

These are the seasonal Super Bowl wins for bottom end teams. 

I definitely think this is one element, and I think teams smell blood in the water facing us. 

All these "bad" teams see they have a legit chance of winning, so players go all out hoping to pull off the upset.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bob Jones said:

C’mon Homer, that pass was a “dime” to a guy on the run, DEEP downfield. You haven’t seen anything like that from JA all year long.

There was nobody within 15 yards in any direction. All of Allen's deep passes have been 50/50 balls (where our WR gets outworked). I can think of one where Diggs had a step and Allen overthrew him. Not even close to that wide open.

Just now, DapperCam said:

There was nobody within 15 yards in any direction. All of Allen's deep passes have been 50/50 balls (where our WR gets outworked). I can think of one where Diggs had a step and Allen overthrew him. Not even close to that wide open.

This is a real problem for us. Diggs, for as great as he is, isn't a separator

13 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Maybe we shoulda held onto singeltary for another year 

Cook is as good a runner (and a little faster) and we wanted some power.  So we signed Harris.  If we used our RB's we could probably get more production out of Cooks but since they mostly pass block it's entirely possible Singletary was a better fit.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.