Around the NFL - Week 10 - Sunday, November 12th

RiotAct

Every team that has beaten us this year lost yesterday, mostly in embarrassing and/or excruciating fashion, and yet all I read is “I can’t believe we lost to X or Y.”

This is not how schadenfreude works, folks.  After the drought you all should be better at this. 

Let it go. 

Edited by BRH

24 minutes ago, BRH said:

Every team that has beaten us this year lost yesterday, mostly in embarrassing and/or excruciating fashion, and yet all I read is “I can’t believe we lost to X or Y.”

This is not how schadenfreude works, folks.  After the drought you all should be better at this. 

Let it go. 

One issue the Bills face is they get every teams best game. The Bills aren’t always their best. Teams get up for the Bills. Jets Jags, and Patriots celebrated like it was the Super Bowl. Bengals act disrespected whenever they play the Bills.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

I saw all 4 teams the Bills lost to yesterday look very ordinary in their losses. But what I found most interesting is that the 4 teams that won seemed to have prepared thoroughly for their opponents. Even the Raiders had a good game plan for the Jets and their vaunted defense. Its something that troubles me game in and game out with the Bills. You never know if the Bills have particular strategy to target their opponents weak points. Sometimes that is evident and other times it looks like nobody watched any game film the week before and they are just resting on their laurels.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

28 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I saw all 4 teams the Bills lost to yesterday look very ordinary in their losses. But what I found most interesting is that the 4 teams that won seemed to have prepared thoroughly for their opponents. Even the Raiders had a good game plan for the Jets and their vaunted defense. Its something that troubles me game in and game out with the Bills. You never know if the Bills have particular strategy to target their opponents weak points. Sometimes that is evident and other times it looks like nobody watched any game film the week before and they are just resting on their laurels.

I know Josh is getting a lot of criticism for not being a film guy, but I'm starting to wonder if anyone at TBD is, for this very reason. It doesn't feel like the Bills try to target opposition weakness as much as they should.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, kkim0904 said:

Great Sunday for Bills... Bills won today without playing single snap..  Beat Broncos..

Loss: NE, Jets, Bengals, Chargers, Jaguars 

Still a very good day but depends on how you look at it. Expectations right now for myself is I just want to see bills in the playoffs. So NE losing now 2-8 means nothing. They aren’t making playoffs. In fact now i want some wins (not against bills) to hurt their draft status. Jaguars happy they loss because it was to a NFC team but almost certainly will win division so meh. Bengals happy they got the L but look at Texans schedule who are legit contender for wildcard. That game was a toss up for me. Best one of the day was Lions beating chargers. NFC team over a threatening afc wild card team. Love that

A great day for me would have been Packers beating the Steelers. NFC team over a wild card threat afc team. Also ravens beating browns (division winner over wild card threat) once again if goal is just get in playoffs, these would have been more beneficial. All that said what matters #1 of course is tonight. Go bills!!!

Frustration is starting to show in Gang Green land.

“I’m tired of this.” - #Jets WR Garrett Wilson on offensive struggles that have now spanned two years, two systems & two coordinators pic.twitter.com/5fzbPdfn9B

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) November 13, 2023

“We’re not playing complementary football.” - #Jets CB Sauce Gardner when asked if he’s surprised this team is 4-5 with how well defense is playing.

Gardner also said defense feels they have zero margin for error with offense struggling, but added that also because coaches tell… pic.twitter.com/KVQfeKT4EQ

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) November 13, 2023

9 hours ago, kkim0904 said:

Great Sunday for Bills... Bills won today without playing single snap..  Beat Broncos..

Loss: NE, Jets, Bengals, Chargers, Jaguars 

I learned something a long time ago about a playoff race. Don’t worry about other teams until the final week or 2 of the season. The hardest part is always our part. 

Im hearing so much talk about playoff odds. It’s pointless. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I learned something a long time ago about a playoff race. Don’t worry about other teams until the final week or 2 of the season. The hardest part is always our part. 

Im hearing so much talk about playoff odds. It’s pointless. 

Very true.  Like, the Ravens could drop two more starting next week and then BAM!  All of a sudden, we’re tied with them.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I agreed with your statement but taking the Bills into account I don't think they will be alive by weeks 17 and 18.

I disagree with you there - I think we’ll definitely still be at a bare minimum “in the hunt” heading into Week 18 at Miami.  Although, I could picture a drought era-esque scenario where we need to win and then hope for eleven or twelve galaxies to align in order to sneak in 😂

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, zow2 said:

Watch again.  All hands were up and someone swatted the back of Wilson’s hand, who still came very close to getting it. But at least the DBs were aware of the ball in flight and where it was coming down 

They were swatting without contact.   The most effective at keeping Wilson from catching the ball was his own teammate.  They were even discussing it on the late night sports replay shows.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.