Dane Jackson should be benched

Ya Digg?

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

While much of the criticism of last night is on the offense (and rightfully so), as I’m watching that game last night I just kept thinking how I’m done watching Jackson play. The one semi-decent okay he made all night he ended up inadvertently injuring Hyde. He got incredibly lucky on 2 throws against him-one that Boyd dropped going into the endzone and the deep ball where he was BADLY burned by Chase and Burrow under threw him.

The last straw for me was the touchdown by the bengals tight end. The tight end leaked out and Jackson was the closest defender (though not very close. Jackson put in little to no effort to actually try to catch him, he just kind of jogged after him. I’m tired of watching him play 10 yards off, watch his guy catch it what seems like 90% of the time, and never make an impactful play.

Thank God for Douglas who will hopefully take his place on the field!!

It's weird how 2 people can have 2 completely different views but that's what makes sports fun imo, I thought Jackson had an excellent game. He's not perfect by any means but I thought he was our best corner. I'm not sure what happend to Taron Johnson but he has been playing terrible lately imo. But I agree I think Douglas is going to be an excellent addition as well and looking forward to see what he can do.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

It's weird how 2 people can have 2 completely different views but that's what makes sports fun imo, I thought Jackson had an excellent game. He's not perfect by any means but I thought he was our best corner. I'm not sure what happend to Taron Johnson but he has been playing terrible lately imo. But I agree I think Douglas is going to be an excellent addition as well and looking forward to see what he can do.

Mine complaint is probably more of a compilation of his play over the course of the season, and maybe I was just looking for that one final thing to put me over the edge. I thought he got lucky on the plays he did break up, and I feel he is the king of always being right there when the receiver is catching it

Johnson has also played quite poorly. Obviously it’s all linked-the def line isn’t generating as much pressure which makes the corners jobs even harder 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsM@fia said:

Collinsworth complemented him several times yesterday. (I know this board despises him and I will admit he can be biased, but I personally think he does a great job color comementating). 

Dane Jackson is a good player.  Former seventh round pick and someone I feel does fine as CB#2.  Ideally you would like him as a backup but it's the NFL and reality is players get hurt.  I'm glad Dane is on our team and I hope Beane resigns him, as long as the numbers make financial sense.

If our pass rush was getting home, our secondary would look a lot better. I think the bigger problem is the offenses inconsistenty and lack of identity. 

That was the least insufferable Collinsworth has ever been, actually. I didn't mind much of what he said at all. Very rare.

And yes, Dane Jackson played well. I'm not sure what some fans were watching. I think they don't understand what they are watching, sometimes.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

Some serious displaced aggression here. Jackson had a great game. The defense in general was much better than I expected. 

Maybe let's focus on the completely healthy offense that fell off a cliff a month ago and can't score any points.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Mine complaint is probably more of a compilation of his play over the course of the season, and maybe I was just looking for that one final thing to put me over the edge. I thought he got lucky on the plays he did break up, and I feel he is the king of always being right there when the receiver is catching it

Johnson has also played quite poorly. Obviously it’s all linked-the def line isn’t generating as much pressure which makes the corners jobs even harder 

I hear you and I think the corners of this era have to have luck as well as talent, with these athletic QB's extending plays it has to be hard to run around with these athletic , tall widerecievers. 

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

I said in a later post I know he wasn’t initially guarding the TE, but his effort to try and tackle him was really poor 

I get it, Jackson has his fans…I’m just not one of them any more. At least not a fan of him being a starter and getting most of the snaps. He’s fine as a backup, but in my mind he’s been exposed as a starter 

Dane had a good game yesterday. I also don't feel comfortable with him out there but that play wasn't on him

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What an untimely and stupid thread.  Jackson was actually one of the best players on the field yesterday.

Yeah, this is kind of an odd thread. "Our 3rd string CB, who is only playing because of injuries, isn't good enough and should be benched."

Meanwhile he just played pretty well on a deleted defense that forced 4 punts, a turnover on downs, and kept the "hottest team in the NFL" to 3 points in the second half. Pretty far down the list of reasons the Bills lost this game is Dane Jackson.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

If he was, then the defense played worse than I thought. He was terrible. Again, the one play he made last night he was beaten badly by Chase and did not skillfully break up that play, he got flat out lucky. 

I repeat... anyone thinking Dane Jackson was the problem last night wasn't watching.

• Agree 3

11 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Pretty sure all22 will confirm he was best player on defense yesterday

Joe Marino heaped praise on Dalton Kincaid.  He was the only stud.  Taron and Dodson got honorable mention studs.  Duds- too many to list here.  Von, Shnowman, Cyrus, Brown, Josh

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Joe Marino heaped praise on Dalton Kincaid.  He was the only stud.  Taron and Dodson got honorable mention studs.  Duds- too many to list here.  Von, Shnowman, Cyrus, Brown, Josh

How was Stefon Diggs not a stud?  I guess we just take him for granted.

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I repeat... anyone thinking Dane Jackson was the problem last night wasn't watching.

Never said he was the problem, there’s plenty of threads talking about the offense. If you’re watching him play and don’t think he’s a constant liability then you haven’t been watching at all this season 

Just now, Doc Brown said:

How was Stefon Diggs not a stud?  I guess we just take him for granted.

Diggs was most definitely a stud.  That two point catch was awesome!  Diggs, Kincaid, and Shakir going forward- that is one thing going right with Buffalo now

12 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

While much of the criticism of last night is on the offense (and rightfully so), as I’m watching that game last night I just kept thinking how I’m done watching Jackson play. The one semi-decent okay he made all night he ended up inadvertently injuring Hyde. He got incredibly lucky on 2 throws against him-one that Boyd dropped going into the endzone and the deep ball where he was BADLY burned by Chase and Burrow under threw him.

The last straw for me was the touchdown by the bengals tight end. The tight end leaked out and Jackson was the closest defender (though not very close. Jackson put in little to no effort to actually try to catch him, he just kind of jogged after him. I’m tired of watching him play 10 yards off, watch his guy catch it what seems like 90% of the time, and never make an impactful play.

Who we putting in? Still have to rotate players as well….

17 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Umm ok then. He played lights out and was all over the field making tackles and breaking up passes. He's not perfect but no CB is. Dane played great!!!! 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, theRalph said:

This utter nonsense. GET FILM. WATCH FILM. UNDERSTAND FILM.

It’s not-watched the game, know what I’m looking for. Watch his effort on the TE touchdown, there was no effort. He was beaten BADLY by Chase on that deep ball, got lucky it was severely under thrown. Was completely turned around by Boyd on the ball at the goal line that Boyd dropped.

Again, this game was the final straw for me, it wasn’t just this game. He’s good enough for a backup role, but shouldn’t be playing as many snaps as he does because he gets exposed. Like I said in my OP, good thing Douglas is here to take his starting spot 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.