Dane Jackson should be benched

Ya Digg?

While much of the criticism of last night is on the offense (and rightfully so), as I’m watching that game last night I just kept thinking how I’m done watching Jackson play. The one semi-decent okay he made all night he ended up inadvertently injuring Hyde. He got incredibly lucky on 2 throws against him-one that Boyd dropped going into the endzone and the deep ball where he was BADLY burned by Chase and Burrow under threw him.

The last straw for me was the touchdown by the bengals tight end. The tight end leaked out and Jackson was the closest defender (though not very close. Jackson put in little to no effort to actually try to catch him, he just kind of jogged after him. I’m tired of watching him play 10 yards off, watch his guy catch it what seems like 90% of the time, and never make an impactful play.

Thank God for Douglas who will hopefully take his place on the field!!

• Eyeroll 6
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Jackson - new Forum whipping boy …

He should be depth … but injuries have meant he is on the field more than we would like…

Beane has recognised this and tried to address it ( Hello Douglas) …. But I see Benford has tweaked a hammy so likely more of Dane ahead  …

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

There’s enough being said about the other stuff, just wanted to throw someone else on the crap fire 

Dane is the 4th CB on the roster, and was a big part of Bills D that held the Bengals to 3 points in the second.  Bills D bailed out the Offense.  If Bills offense showed up every week, the Bills would be undefeated. Every Bills loss I blame the offense.  The Bills D is getting done with spit and duct tape.  The offense is full strength, and they fail the Bills again and again

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

While much of the criticism of last night is on the offense (and rightfully so), as I’m watching that game last night I just kept thinking how I’m done watching Jackson play. The one semi-decent okay he made all night he ended up inadvertently injuring Hyde. He got incredibly lucky on 2 throws against him-one that Boyd dropped going into the endzone and the deep ball where he was BADLY burned by Chase and Burrow under threw him.

The last straw for me was the touchdown by the bengals tight end. The tight end leaked out and Jackson was the closest defender (though not very close. Jackson put in little to no effort to actually try to catch him, he just kind of jogged after him. I’m tired of watching him play 10 yards off, watch his guy catch it what seems like 90% of the time, and never make an impactful play.

Thank God for Douglas who will hopefully take his place on the field!!

Best part was him celebrating these 2 straight up drops.

• Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Personally I think of all games this season, Elam should have been playing last night. Man is his jam.

The ankle though.  I think you pointed out last night though that the Bills would still in zone way longer than they should.  Maybe McD needs to back off his love for zone against some of these

smarter QBs in the league.  I for one am getting sick of these long drives against our defense that are still ending up in points and keeping Josh off the field.  By the time Josh gets the ball, he’s got to be thinking don’t screw this up, bc I might not get the ball again!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What an untimely and stupid thread.  Jackson was actually one of the best players on the field yesterday.

who would replace him?  Josh Norman?  36 year old Josh Norman, who was relaxing on his couch 2 weeks ago

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Pretty sure all22 will confirm he was best player on defense yesterday

Collinsworth complemented him several times yesterday. (I know this board despises him and I will admit he can be biased, but I personally think he does a great job color comementating). 

Dane Jackson is a good player.  Former seventh round pick and someone I feel does fine as CB#2.  Ideally you would like him as a backup but it's the NFL and reality is players get hurt.  I'm glad Dane is on our team and I hope Beane resigns him, as long as the numbers make financial sense.

If our pass rush was getting home, our secondary would look a lot better. I think the bigger problem is the offenses inconsistenty and lack of identity. 

• Like (+1) 6

20 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Pretty sure all22 will confirm he was best player on defense yesterday

Probably the best game of his career,  tbh.   

He clearly got the message that the intent was to replace him with Douglas..........which would have really put a crimp in his plans to score in unrestricted free agency.

Fortunately for Dane,   Benford further injured his hamstring(as foreshadowed this week by Shill Capaccio).........so Dane will likely remain in the starting lineup and Rasul will probably move into Benford's role as the press corner.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Probably the best game of his career,  tbh.   

He clearly got the message that the intent was to replace him with Douglas..........which would have really put a crimp in his plans to score in unrestricted free agency.

Fortunately for Dane,   Benford further injured his hamstring(as foreshadowed this week by Shill Capaccio).........so Dane will likely remain in the starting lineup and Rasul will probably move into Benford's role as the press corner.

Damn, hope Benford isn’t out for too long.  Would be nice to at least have him back by the Chiefs game.

28 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What an untimely and stupid thread.  Jackson was actually one of the best players on the field yesterday.

If he was, then the defense played worse than I thought. He was terrible. Again, the one play he made last night he was beaten badly by Chase and did not skillfully break up that play, he got flat out lucky. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.