Confirmed Trades Thread 2023

bills742

The psychology of NFL owners/GMs is so strange. The Titans were planning a firesale, but then they got a good game from a rookie QB and now they are all-in on competing this year. The Falcons are adding players to a team with no QB. It's pressure from fans to compete every year. NFL fans won't except rebuilding like other sports fans. Maybe it's better that way.

• Like (+1) 2

Sorry for putting this here, but this headline from the Athletic made me laugh:

No trade interest shown for Patriots QB Mac Jones

Despite some speculation, the Patriots have not received any trade calls for QB Mac Jones, per sources.

Just now, BRH said:

Sorry for putting this here, but this headline from the Athletic made me laugh:

No trade interest shown for Patriots QB Mac Jones

Despite some speculation, the Patriots have not received any trade calls for QB Mac Jones, per sources.

I laughed then cried inside thinking of him driving down the field with ease against us.....

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

12 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The psychology of NFL owners/GMs is so strange. The Titans were planning a firesale, but then they got a good game from a rookie QB and now they are all-in on competing this year. The Falcons are adding players to a team with no QB. It's pressure from fans to compete every year. NFL fans won't except rebuilding like other sports fans. Maybe it's better that way.

I don’t think they’re all in on winning. They’re more likely thinking it’s a good idea to keep weapons around Levis to get an honest assessment of his play instead of ruining his confidence after a fire sale. 

i think that's right.  if cap grows you want to add top quality players when you can.  if we added wrs and OL and a young pass rusher prior to allen, they'd be here and be balling out and might have put us over the top.

there is so much randomness, injuries, etc, you just can't plan the whole thing to a t.

imo, the super star model is stronger than ever.  get transcendent players where you can, a get value free agents and rookies who can contribute.  i think our team, on d in particular, is a bit stuck in that we have such a specific idea of who has to do what and how, that we aren't as flexible as we need to be in drafting and free agency on D.

we spent a 2nd on boogie, a 3rd on williams, and a 1st on elam over 3 years, one's off teh team and the other two are riding the pine when there are injuries to starters at their positions.  that just doesn't make sense to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, colin said:

i think that's right.  if cap grows you want to add top quality players when you can.  if we added wrs and OL and a young pass rusher prior to allen, they'd be here and be balling out and might have put us over the top.

there is so much randomness, injuries, etc, you just can't plan the whole thing to a t.

imo, the super star model is stronger than ever.  get transcendent players where you can, a get value free agents and rookies who can contribute.  i think our team, on d in particular, is a bit stuck in that we have such a specific idea of who has to do what and how, that we aren't as flexible as we need to be in drafting and free agency on D.

we spent a 2nd on boogie, a 3rd on williams, and a 1st on elam over 3 years, one's off teh team and the other two are riding the pine when there are injuries to starters at their positions.  that just doesn't make sense to me.

Poor development. That’s coaching 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Well I hope Bills fans can accept it,aswe need to clean house next year amd focus on a rebuild

2 minutes ago, colin said:

It's simple, Beane hasn't drafted well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

On 10/30/2023 at 3:07 PM, FrenchConnection said:

Imagine a Browns - Seahawks SB. That is a thing that could happen.

A PJ Walker - Geno Smith showdown requires some great marketing.

How about Revenge of the Journeymen?

Edited by stuvian

21 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I used to live on Kentavius Street. Tough neighbourhood!

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Great pick up for the bears. They will for sure extend him. He’s a great player. 

no one has the heart to tell them their season is already over

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I laughed then cried inside thinking of him driving down the field with ease against us.....

He was the proverbial blind squirrel in that game.  Just happened to find an acorn for once in his life.

I prefer to look at it as, nobody even wants to contemplate having him lead their football team.

Rasul Douglas and a 5th to us for a 3rd

Edited by BRH

I'm more worried about the DT situation.

Me too.  I'm curious why the Bills didn't jump into the Leonard Williams deal considering the teams connection to the current Giants GM/HC combo.  That move could have put us back on track for this season.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.