Confirmed Trades Thread 2023

bills742

• bills742 changed the title to Official Trades Thread 2023
  • bills742 changed the title to Confirmed Trades Thread 2023
15 minutes ago, bills742 said:

I'm not sure if I saw an official trades thread so here it is and please merge if necessary.

This is a pretty big trade. The Seahawks are going all in and doing it around D. They are currently the #2 seed in the NFC, although they have a very tough schedule: SF twice, Philly, at Dallas, and at the Ravens. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

This is a pretty big trade. The Seahawks are going all in and doing it around D. They are currently the #2 seed in the NFC, although they have a very tough schedule: SF twice, Philly, at Dallas, and at the Ravens. 

That seems dumb, like who thinks even with a better defense they've got a shot?

• Agree 1

I predict very few trades before the deadline but I hope I'm wrong. 

Bears should be sellers. Imagine that would be the #1 landing spot for the next highly sought after HC this winter. Tons of picks and cap $$, probably 2 picks in the top 5. Easier division overall. Classic franchise that has been down for a while but if YOU turn it around... 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Bears should be sellers. Imagine that would be the #1 landing spot for the next highly sought after HC this winter. Tons of picks and cap $$, probably 2 picks in the top 5. Easier division overall. Classic franchise that has been down for a while but if YOU turn it around... 

And they have a REALLY young middle linebacker. 😉

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

They have Geno Smith at QB, they aren't winning anything even if they are currently the 2 seed in the NFC

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Bears have a talented CB jaylon Johnson on the last year of his deal, we could use a CB and the bears should rebuild, get it done Beane! 

*I have no idea what defense Chicago runs or if we would even be a fit.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

A 2nd and a 5th doesn’t seem like all in to me.  The niners are vulnerable. The eagles are vulnerable.  Dallas has Dak.  The afc is still a conundrum of confusion.  If seattle can become a top 3-5 D, anything can happen.  They have tremendous weapons

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

A 2nd and a 5th doesn’t seem like all in to me.  The niners are vulnerable. The eagles are vulnerable.  Dallas has Dak.  The afc is still a conundrum of confusion.  If seattle can become a top 3-5 D, anything can happen.  They have tremendous weapons

exactly!

Why not Seattle? Until Detroit (who Seattle has beaten twice in a row) proves the Lions are for real, it's Eagles, then everyone else in the NFC. 

All it takes is a bad snap or a timely fumble in some winter weather in January in a close playoff game and suddenly the Eagles lose 17-14 or something and it's wide open. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I don't think there are any juggernauts like the last few years. The Chiefs have struggled a bit here and there, but have Mahomes so maybe they are the closest thing. But they have proven to be very beatable. 

The rest of the league has flaws. 

It looks like this season, more so than others, may come down to who gets hot when, and plays great in the run, pass, and all 3 phases. It feels like the NFL is favoring balance this year. 

5 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Bears have a talented CB jaylon Johnson on the last year of his deal, we could use a CB and the bears should rebuild, get it done Beane! 

*I have no idea what defense Chicago runs or if we would even be a fit.

Apparently he would fit us perfectly per the Athletic. Also a low remaining cap hit we could absorb.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't think there are any juggernauts like the last few years. The Chiefs have struggled a bit here and there, but have Mahomes so maybe they are the closest thing. But they have proven to be very beatable. 

It looks like this season, more so than others, may come down to who gets hot when, and plays great in the run, pass, and all 3 phases. It feels like the NFL is favoring balance this year. 

Imagine a Browns - Seahawks SB. That is a thing that could happen.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

There were a number of people who picked them for the SB in the NFC prior to the season beginning...I was NOT one of them, but the NFC right now feels a lot more wide open than it did to start the season.  Niners have lost 3 straight, Eagles have a great record but look more beatable than once believed, Det just got destroyed last week by the Ravens, and Dallas is well still Dallas.  

So I don't blame Seattle for making this move.  

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

exactly!

Why not Seattle? Until Detroit (who Seattle has beaten twice in a row) proves the Lions are for real, it's Eagles, then everyone else in the NFC. 

All it takes is a bad snap or a timely fumble in some winter weather in January in a close playoff game and suddenly the Eagles lose 17-14 or something and it's wide open. 

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

I mean who knows maybe this will be the shittiest playoffs ever and they'll be the last crappy team standing....feels like a weird strategy for them to pin their hopes on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.