Week 9 thread - We’re on to Cincinnati

BillsFan619

12 minutes ago, boyst said:

I have been keeping tabs on this and surprised so many here hate the Bengals. I don't. They'll be irrelevant in 2 years when they can't afford and won't pay anyone. They're just a pimple, they won't be around forever.

However, the city of Cincinnati is loathed. They're so freaking trashy there. They have one entity which props up the entire city, Proctor and Gamble and then they have the mafia to help inflate everything (the IRS). They don't have much pride, always wishing they were as cool as even Cleveland or crying about the shadow of the Cbus. Hell, Cincinnati is just Lorain with more people.

Anyone I have met from Cinci might as well be a hillbilly from Kentucky. They have more in common with those folks than what is truly the heart of America.

I don't hate the Bengals. The only thing I hate is punk ass Miami fans atm.  Not all of them.  Just the ones that think they are king ***** all of a sudden.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, boyst said:

I have been keeping tabs on this and surprised so many here hate the Bengals. I don't. They'll be irrelevant in 2 years when they can't afford and won't pay anyone. They're just a pimple, they won't be around forever.

However, the city of Cincinnati is loathed. They're so freaking trashy there. They have one entity which props up the entire city, Proctor and Gamble and then they have the mafia to help inflate everything (the IRS). They don't have much pride, always wishing they were as cool as even Cleveland or crying about the shadow of the Cbus. Hell, Cincinnati is just Lorain with more people.

Anyone I have met from Cinci might as well be a hillbilly from Kentucky. They have more in common with those folks than what is truly the heart of America.

So this is a true representative of Bills Mafia?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, 26TrapDraw said:

Nope he’s just marking the Trolls for the rest of us.

Gotcha, in all my years of posting on message boards I can tell you that not once have I read a Benglas fan trash the city of Buffalo and ALL the people that live there, much less an entire state like that.  Interesting to see that you condone this.

Bengals beat the Ravens for Buffalo, rooted for the Bills in the playoffs thereafter, and Cincy totally respected the Hamlin incident.  Trash like that simply reeks of jealousy and childish anger due to the Bengals current success, IMHO.  You guys stay classy and do you.

2 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Gotcha, in all my years of posting on message boards I can tell you that not once have I read a Benglas fan trash the city of Buffalo and ALL the people that live there, much less an entire state like that.  Interesting to see that you condone this.

Bengals beat the Ravens for Buffalo, rooted for the Bills in the playoffs thereafter, and Cincy totally respected the Hamlin incident.  Trash like that simply reeks of jealousy and childish anger due to the Bengals current success, IMHO.  You guys stay classy and do you.

This Burrow's mom?

32 minutes ago, boyst said:

Feels like they can say the same thing about Buffalo in terms of the bills being a pimple

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I really want to hate Mike McDaniel, but I just can't...the dude seems like a good guy and is a cool dork...kinda reminds me of myself actually

McDaniel seems genuinely mystified to be talking to a sports reporter who actually knows what the eff he's talking about and isn't just fishing for clickbait or asking nonsensical questions.

I'd have to think that's at least a little refreshing, lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, boyst said:

Really bad take, my friend!  It's beyond stupid to take a broad swipe like this.  Dumb!  Ignorant!  Not cool!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, boyst said:

I thought hillbillies were the heart of America 🤔(the United States)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

6 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

Really bad take, my friend!  It's beyond stupid to take a broad swipe like this.  Dumb!  Ignorant!  Not cool!  

Cincinnati is disgusting.

31 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Why are you back? We can start a GoFundMe, that way you can have worthwhile hobbies.

27 minutes ago, 26TrapDraw said:

Nope he’s just marking the Trolls for the rest of us.

Someone is paying attention 

45 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Jealous of the Bengals recent success?  I don't think Bills fans are Jealous of the Bengals (could be wrong though).  The Bills have been one of the winningest teams since 2020.  The Bengals have a SB appearance, but lost (Bills fans have been there done that times 4).

32 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

I thought hillbillies were the heart of America 🤔(the United States)

Absolutely effing not.  Not ever.

and as far as cincy goes, That area with the three stadiums on the water is pretty awesome.  I drive back and forth from North Texas to Central NY once or Twice every year and that is a cool area....the traffic backing up when you are heading north across the bridge from kentucky sucks however.

looks like a fun place to go to a game.  I really would like to stop one of these years when the reds are home and go to a game.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Jealous of the Bengals recent success?  I don't think Bills fans are Jealous of the Bengals (could be wrong though).  The Bills have been one of the winningest teams since 2020.  The Bengals have a SB appearance, but lost (Bills fans have been there done that times 4).

You may be right, but Im not sure how else to explain the current vitriol the last 2 years towards Cincy by Bills fans?  Obviously much more on social media, mostly Twitter.  This has been a topic of ours a few times wondering why some Bills fans have done a 180 and acted like the awful individual here.
We are honestly like... "I thought our fanbases liked each other?"

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

Absolutely effing not.  Not ever.

and as far as cincy goes, That area with the three stadiums on the water is pretty awesome.  I drive back and forth from North Texas to Central NY once or Twice every year and that is a cool area....the traffic backing up when you are heading north across the bridge from kentucky sucks however.

looks like a fun place to go to a game.  I really would like to stop one of these years when the reds are home and go to a game.

I dont live in Cincy but there often, the bridge traffic is horrendous.  When the Reds are actually good their game day experience is extremely well done.  I attended a few during their mini win streak this summer.

• Like (+1) 1

Man, I really don't like how it's becoming some sort of consensus that JA is 3rd behind Mahomes & Burrow.

Mahomes has earned his top spot. But Burrow?  I respect his game, but in no way would I ever trade Allen for him.  Allen can do more & is a better improviser, imo.  

The argument always seems to come down to, well, he's made a SB.  He likely wouldn't have if we held on in the 13 seconds game.  And it's a thin argument, anyway.

17 hours ago, Caesar said:

2021  Guy cant do sprints due to ACL MCL PCL reconstructions.
2022 Guy had major surgery and lost 20 pounds immediately before the season.  Josh could lose 20 pounds and likely not be impacted that much, but not Joe.
2023 Guy missed the entirety of the preseason, which is kind of important for a QB.  The offense was limited to 40% of the play book.  He couldnt plant and throw, couldnt move at all.  This is more of a critique of our pathetic backup QB room, to go along with the worst TE and RB rooms.

I think it only makes sense to informed ball knowing folks to see him start a season healthy first before making this claim, but you be you.

Until he doesn’t start slow- he’s a slow starter.  Don’t get hurt next summer and start poorly Joe Cool.  Then you won’t be labeled a slow starter.  

It’s not fair that Josh Allen isn’t recognized as the best QB in football.  He never had Andy Reid, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill.  He’s never had talent like Chase, Higgins, Mixon and Boyd.  He’s not on a loaded offenses like Philly and San Fran.  His team has suffered massive injuries to the best defenders on each of the last 3 teams.  

He’ll never be the best until he wins a Super Bowl. No one cares WHY he didn’t didn’t one.  No one cares about 13 secs. No one cares about injuries to von, hyde, daquan, ed.  no one cares about injuries to Milano, daquan and Tredavious.  No one cares.  Reasons.  Excuses.  Whichever you wanna call them.  No one cares.  If he wins a Super Bowl, some will think Josh will be the best.  If he doesn’t get hurt in the summer and starts strong, he won’t be regarded as a slow starter.  

ps-  I remember you- spreading lies on the bengals board last year-  Exaggerating everything you tattled about like a 3 year old.  You were so proud.  Good One Lol GIF by Justin

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

And you’re the true representative of bengal fans or whatever you call yourselves?  

Dude makes an account on opposing fan forums so he can bait, tattle and flex so maybe he can make a friend or 2.  

11 minutes ago, Special K said:

Any word on if or how much Douglass or Joseph will play on Sunday??

No.  There won’t be

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

And you just gtho.  We know what you are.  You aren’t the first.  And you won’t be the last.  You’re just like Burrow without Jamaar Chase.  Just another guy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Until he doesn’t start slow- he’s a slow starter.  Don’t get hurt next summer and start poorly Joe Cool.  Then you won’t be labeled a slow starter.  

It’s not fair that Josh Allen isn’t recognized as the best QB in football.  He never had Andy Reid, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill.  He’s never had talent like Chase, Higgins, Mixon and Boyd.  He’s not on a loaded offenses like Philly and San Fran.  His team has suffered massive injuries to the best defenders on each of the last 3 teams.  

He’ll never be the best until he wins a Super Bowl. No one cares WHY he didn’t didn’t one.  No one cares about 13 secs. No one cares about injuries to von, hyde, daquan, ed.  no one cares about injuries to Milano, daquan and Tredavious.  No one cares.  Reasons.  Excuses.  Whichever you wanna call them.  No one cares.  If he wins a Super Bowl, some will think Josh will be the best.  If he doesn’t get hurt in the summer and starts strong, he won’t be regarded as a slow starter.  

ps-  I remember you- spreading lies on the bengals board last year-  Exaggerating everything you tattled about like a 3 year old.  You were so proud.  Good One Lol GIF by Justin

Lol, you struggle.  And yes if Burrow is injured it is weird to call him a slow starter.  You like to get in pissy battles for some reason, but allow me to agree with you on one thing:

I totally agree that Josh has had the least amount of support.  I agree that Josh is leaned upon more than Mahomes and Burrow.  I like Josh, I love his game.  He is not as "dynamic" as Mahomes who has done some crazy stuff, he is not as accurate or good a processor as Burrow, but he can do things both of those cannot do.  Only Herbert can come close to Josh's cannon arm, he is unmatched as to his overall strength - especially in the pocket, and his running is top tier albeit different than Lamar.

I have always thought if Josh could stop making so many dumb mistakes he would be QB1, but this year he hasnt been bad mentally, it is obvious the Bills simply need to get him another weapon.  Mahomes was won too much to be unseated for now, Burrow and Allen are both great in different ways with the season results being the only differentiator in most peoples eyes.

Kelce doesnt have much longer and Reid may not either, I would not be surprised to see Josh take the throne, especially if the Bills win a Super Bowl.  You like many others on Twitter are personally offended by QB rankings.  But the truth of the matter is that Josh is Top 3 in most everyone's mind and could easily rise to QB1 overall and I would not be surprised.

• Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And you just gtho.  We know what you are.  You aren’t the first.  And you won’t be the last.  You’re just like Burrow without Jamaar Chase.  Just another guy. 

"Has it ever occured to you, Master Ninefingers, that a sword is different from other weapons?

Axes and maces and so forth are lethal enough, but they hang on the belt like dumb brutes. But a sword...a sword has a voice.

Sheathed it has little to say, to be sure, but you need only put your hand on the hilt and it begins to whisper in your enemy's ear. A gentle word. A word of caution. Do you hear it?

Now, compare it to the sword half drawn. It speaks louder, does it not? It hisses a dire threat. It makes a deadly promise. Do you hear it?

Now compare it to the sword full drawn. It shouts now, does it not? It screams defiance! It bellows a challenge! Do you hear it?"

Joe Abercrombie, The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)

One of my current favorite authors and this quote came to mind as you were politely pointing the way to the exit door.

Edited by WideNine
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Lol, you struggle.  And yes if Burrow is injured it is weird to call him a slow starter.  You like to get in pissy battles for some reason, but allow me to agree with you on one thing:

I totally agree that Josh has had the least amount of support.  I agree that Josh is leaned upon more than Mahomes and Burrow.  I like Josh, I love his game.  He is not as "dynamic" as Mahomes who has done some crazy stuff, he is not as accurate or good a processor as Burrow, but he can do things both of those cannot do.  Only Herbert can come close to Josh's cannon arm, he is unmatched as to his overall strength - especially in the pocket, and his running is top tier albeit different than Lamar.

I have always thought if Josh could stop making so many dumb mistakes he would be QB1, but this year he hasnt been bad mentally, it is obvious the Bills simply need to get him another weapon.  Mahomes was won too much to be unseated for now, Burrow and Allen are both great in different ways with the season results being the only differentiator in most peoples eyes.

Kelce doesnt have much longer and Reid may not either, I would not be surprised to see Josh take the throne, especially if the Bills win a Super Bowl.  You like many others on Twitter are personally offended by QB rankings.  But the truth of the matter is that Josh is Top 3 in most everyone's mind and could easily rise to QB1 overall and I would not be surprised.

I like to get into pissy battles when a pisser is a poser.  Posing as a fan looking for great football talk.  If you weren’t just posing, you would simply ignore the negative posts.  But you don’t.  You quickly engage.  You engage and the tattle to your bengal brethren, exaggerating and moving the goal posts as you do so.  You have a great team.  Enjoy it.  Don’t try and make our fan base look bad on your forums.  It’s a bad look…. and will be met with pissy battles, that you clearly enjoy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

No, they've said he needs to be careful with his body...that's not the same thing.

I think where Beane and the coaches got to this season, is that in theory, it is NOT the same thing

In practice, for Josh...it seems to be, because once he starts running, his competitive nature comes out, and he'll fight for every grass blade instead of "being careful with his body"

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I like to get into pissy battles when a pisser is a poser.  Posing as a fan looking for great football talk.  If you weren’t just posing, you would simply ignore the negative posts.  But you don’t.  You quickly engage.

That was my point to the guy....if he's here for great football talk, engaging in what you call "pissy battles" (I like it) not only isn't great football talk

.....It will cause a number of strong football posters to look at what he posts, categorize him as a troll/ s h i t stirrer and ignore him.

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

Lol, you struggle.  And yes if Burrow is injured it is weird to call him a slow starter

Why do you feel Joe Burrow requires "a pass" on his performance?

Other QB have started the season slowly, perhaps due to lingering injury (Mahomes at the start of 2021)

Other QB have been injured during the season and played through it, slowing them down (Josh in mid-2020, end of 2022, now)

Do they get a pass, or do they get "he's in a slump" or "see, he's not that good" or yes, maybe "off to a slow start"?

Edited by Beck Water

20 minutes ago, zow2 said:

A bit off topic, but is there any way the Bills could draft Marvin Harrison Jr.  I think he’d be a nice fit here. 😜

Sure. It would take a Ricky Williams/Julio Jones style, trade away the entire draft for one guy, type trade. But it is possible. 

and I agree. I wouldn’t even be surprised if someone took him first overall.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Caesar said:

I'm gonna go to the eagles board and draw up support for the Vikings. 

18 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Other QB have started the season slowly, perhaps due to lingering injury (Mahomes at the start of 2021)

Other QB have been injured during the season and played through it, slowing them down (Josh in mid-2020, end of 2022, now)

Do they get a pass, or do they get "he's in a slump" or "see, he's not that good" or yes, maybe "off to a slow start"?

Fact. Jon kitna had better starts for the Bengals 🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Caesar said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/eli-apple-stefon-diggs-damar-hamlin-tweet-bengals-bills/hpfg0v3iogjgyevmbk7qovhw

On 10/29/2023 at 9:27 PM, strive_for_five_guy said:

If this game doesn’t bode well, I don’t know what will.  We’ve got a few extra days to prepare and no new injuries.  No excuses if we lose this one.

Well, for starters, a QB who doesn't DNP Weds with a sore shoulder.  Don't you think an uninjured starting QB could be a key factor?

2 hours ago, Caesar said:

I have always thought if Josh could stop making so many dumb mistakes he would be QB1, but this year he hasnt been bad mentally

Josh has been bad mentally in several games, starting with the opener at the Jets.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Sure. It would take a Ricky Williams/Julio Jones style, trade away the entire draft for one guy, type trade. But it is possible. 

and I agree. I wouldn’t even be surprised if someone took him first overall.  

I'll settle for George Pickens in exchange for our first. 

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I think any player, especially QB, gets a pass playing hurt.  I defended Allen and Herbert last season.  I may be alone in this thought but in order to play QB well any injury is going to impact every aspect of their game.

34 minutes ago, bills742 said:

Eli Apple is not a Bengals fan nor is he on the team, and many Bengals fans chastised him many times.  We dont miss the guy.  Im not harping on the Bills because McKenzie made some strange comment about playing in the snow. 

28 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Josh has been bad mentally in several games, starting with the opener at the Jets.

You would know much better than me, the redzone turnovers last season were just so bad, I havent seen him have any of those.  I did watch the Jets game and his play cost you guys.   But from an outsides point of view he seems more under control this season thus far.

Edited by Caesar

I don’t agree with the decision to have Fournette inactive. This staff’s obsession with process and trust is a bit too much.

he doesn’t know most of the playbook yet, fine.  Scheme half a dozen plays for him including red zone carries

why is that so hard?

you’re telling me Ty Johnson is going to make more of an impact than Lenny? Or a 5th LB, 4th Safety?  

we NEED physicality for this game especially. Disappointing

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Josh Norman elevated for tmrws game. 

per bills app

Is Benford expected to play?  I have no idea of his advanced stats but he looks very good in the games Ive watched.  

Are you guys expecting him Rasul to play much?  He is not very fast but he is a big strong body, he would be tough for us vs Tee Higgins, who himself is not very fast.

I definitely prefer Norman over either of these guys.... thanks in advance for any info.

2 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Is Benford expected to play?  I have no idea of his advanced stats but he looks very good in the games Ive watched.  

Are you guys expecting him Rasul to play much?  He is not very fast but he is a big strong body, he would be tough for us vs Tee Higgins, who himself is not very fast.

I definitely prefer Norman over either of these guys.... thanks in advance for any info.

Uhhh what? Did you you type the last part wrong?

3 hours ago, Success said:

Man, I really don't like how it's becoming some sort of consensus that JA is 3rd behind Mahomes & Burrow.

Mahomes has earned his top spot. But Burrow?  I respect his game, but in no way would I ever trade Allen for him.  Allen can do more & is a better improviser, imo.  

The argument always seems to come down to, well, he's made a SB.  He likely wouldn't have if we held on in the 13 seconds game.  And it's a thin argument, anyway.

I don't think it's just that he's won a Superbowl.

Burrow seems to be more of a system QB, by which I mean nothing negative, just that he's shown he can play effectively and consistently within the structure of the offensive play design (system), take advantage of his elite weapons, and effectively use what the defense gives him.  And he does have 3 elite receiving weapons and the support of a strong run game.

Allen to date has at times played within the structure of the offensive play design and taken advantage of what the defense gives him, but he also goes outside the playbook and creates when he doesn't have to at times.  This is a double edged sword. He can be brilliant, and he can also contribute majorly to the loss of the game.  I think both to elevate his game to the next level, AND to be perceived as a top QB, Allen needs to show mastery of operating within the structure of the offense on a more consistent basis.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't think it's just that he's won a Superbowl.

Burrow seems to be more of a system QB, by which I mean nothing negative, just that he's shown he can play effectively and consistently within the structure of the offensive play design (system), take advantage of his elite weapons, and effectively use what the defense gives him.  And he does have 3 elite receiving weapons and the support of a strong run game.

Allen to date has at times played within the structure of the offensive play design and taken advantage of what the defense gives him, but he also goes outside the playbook and creates when he doesn't have to at times.  This is a double edged sword. He can be brilliant, and he can also contribute majorly to the loss of the game.  I think both to elevate his game to the next level, AND to be perceived as a top QB, Allen needs to show mastery of operating within the structure of the offense on a more consistent basis.

Great points.  I can share that Bengals and KC fans go back and forth with the, "If Pat had Chase, Higgins, Boyd...", and we reply if, "Joe went to a playoff team out of college, a solid org with money, HOF TE Kelce, Tyreek Hill, and Andy Reid...."

But there is no retort when it comes to Josh, he hasnt had a bevy of weapons, Daboll was really solid but no Andy Reid & the current OC is a still a question mark.  The Bills are a better overall org than Cincy, but Josh came from a community college and Wyoming whereas Joe learned at Ohio State and LSU.  

When it comes to opportunities given, Josh has risen so much higher with less than almost every QB.  

Edited by Caesar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Rewatching the playoff game last night and saw a lot of Joe Burrow climbing the pocket. Our edge rushers simply over pursued upfield leaving huge gaps for Burrow to climb the pocket and deliver accurate 2nd window throws to Chase, Hurst, Higgins.

My guess is McDermott will have a plan in place to rush tighter or collapse the interior pocket, either through running stunts, or sending delayed pressure from Bernard, Johnson, or Poyer. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.