Twitter - Josh, Von called players only meeting (reporter also mentioned possibility at McD presser)

BillsFan619

Well the dude did say that he was told the player's only meeting was going to be early tomorrow morning. Since today is always yesterday's tomorrow maybe we'll get some legitimate follow-up info about this mystical player's only meeting by the time this thread hits 20 pages?

What I really want to know is who told this highly regarded dude that has a couple followers on X that used to be Twitter about this player's only meeting. Maybe everybody has to use the secret handshake to get in and nobody can remember it?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Honestly, I don't care. People are going to dislike what I said, that's fine.  The next time you get called out at the office by someone who is a non-contributor let me know how motivating you find that.

Besides, if they needed a meeting to get themselves together at this point there are much bigger problems.

IF the non-contributor was a future HOF player who played very well last year before he was hurt and won multiple Super Bowls I think you'd listen.  If it was someone like you who hasn't done much and who they didn't respect anyway, probably not.

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

IF the non-contributor was a future HOF player who played very well last year before he was hurt and won multiple Super Bowls I think you'd listen.  If it was someone like you who hasn't done much and who they didn't respect anyway, probably not.

The work football analogy is closer to somebody who has been to like 12 straight presidents clubs, has been the key note speaker at a few conferences, and lead the entire industry in revenue, leading a team meeting after coming back from medical leave. 

OP is some guy in the back yelling “but how much did you sell last month Von”. He is the guy that gets fired. 

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Sources from deep within have confirmed that high level business meetings occurred… FACT!

But this wasn't a high level business meeting... it was a secret player's only meeting. At least that's what the dude with a couple followers on X that used to be Twitter said that somebody told him. I still think they all screwed up on the secret handshake and nobody got into the meeting.

• Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, RichStadiumGuy said:

But this wasn't a high level business meeting... it was a secret player's only meeting. At least that's what the dude with a couple followers on X that used to be Twitter said that somebody told him. I still think they all screwed up on the secret handshake and nobody got into the meeting.

That is an inside joke about a poster from a long time ago who pretended to have inside information, but constantly had to run to "high-level business meetings." 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, RichStadiumGuy said:

Some context: https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/search/?q="high level business meeting"&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=1

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Follow the formula. Someone says something you don't like attack the person who said it.  It's the way the world works now.

More like someone who is clueless that doesn't know how the world works.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Keep in mind JJ Watt only ever played for the Texans and Cardinals....

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

according to JJ Watt on Pat Macafee today if you're having players only meetings your season is over

I was sort of surprised to hear him so dismissive of these and definitive about that

Based on JJ Watt's history, I'm not surprised he was never part of a productive team meeting. What has he ever won, besides personal accolades?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

On 10/23/2023 at 2:27 PM, Gregg said:

Maybe they are planning to kidnap McDermott and Dorsey. Tie them up somewhere so they can't be at the stadium Thursday night and just play the game coach less.

Why the hell not, 😁👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

according to JJ Watt on Pat Macafee today if you're having players only meetings your season is over

I was sort of surprised to hear him so dismissive of these and definitive about that

He's right because they'll be too many different players with too many different reasons for the struggles.  Then different conflicts arise that makes the decision for this meeting a disaster. 

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's right because they'll be too many different players with too many different reasons for the struggles.  Then different conflicts arise that makes the decision for this meeting a disaster. 

The O problem is a simple fix. Tell Josh to play his way and to ignore the no running crap. 

24 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The players only meeting doesn't bring those things into existence. They already exist.

A players meeting done right filters and condenses those issues so that they can be effectively and efficiently remedied.

JJ Watt is not wrong.

McClappy lost this team in the 13 seconds.

If anyone thinks our beloved Bills are going to rally the remainder of the scheduled season and playoffs, we'll I don't know what to tell you.

Sure... they can win Thursday night but after that, the collapse will continue. 

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 2

21 minutes ago, JTown said:

JJ Watt is not wrong.

If anyone thinks our beloved Bills are going to rally the remainder of the scheduled season and playoffs, we'll I don't know what to tell you.

Ready to leave NYG already? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JTown said:

JJ Watt is not wrong.

Yeah the way they won 13 games last season, losing the other 3 by a combined 8 points, showed how much McDermott had lost the team. Couldn't be clearer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JTown said:

JJ Watt is not wrong.

There was this season after where we won 13 games and a playoff game... doesn't seem like they were "lost" then.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sunshynman said:

The O problem is a simple fix. Tell Josh to play his way and to ignore the no running crap. 

I'm starting to believe that's the direction he (they) need to go. Maybe not full blown week 1 reckless version but this castrated version doesn't work for him.  Open him up and keep stressing ball security and qb sliding.  

47 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The players only meeting doesn't bring those things into existence. They already exist.

A players meeting done right filters and condenses those issues so that they can be effectively and efficiently remedied.

Of course they already exist. That's why you have the desperation of a called players only meeting.  Then once the meeting starts different player factions will argue over different problems.  It's exactly what McAfee and JJ confirmed. They both said they don't ever remember seeing a positive outcome from such meeting.  

• Like (+1) 1

Meetings like this can actually turn out quite beneficial. I do these with my teams every year. Working for a worldwide company,  there can be a lot of change and from my chair and having so many people I'm responsible for, it's hard to get the true pulse of all of them. I typically launch the meeting and then turn it over to my team leaders. Then I work with my team leaders and work out a plan. Then we set a follow up meeting, present what we can do and explain reasons as to why other items may not be able to be changed. The key is the follow up and how it's handled. Obviously I can't fix/change everything, but in most cases, I can resolve a few of them. Getting them involved allows them to feel as part of the solution. It can be quite motivating. I would imagine it could be similar here. Some people/players may be hesitant to speak freely to who pays them but is willing to open up to their peers. It not like the entire team is a clusterf***. Slight improvement in a couple of spots could make a world of difference. 

Just my opinion. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah the way they won 13 games last season, losing the other 3 by a combined 8 points, showed how much McDermott had lost the team. Couldn't be clearer.

And how did last year turn out.  I guess you and McClappy are satisfied.   Keep drinking the kool-aid.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 2

18 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Of course they already exist. That's why you have the desperation of a called players only meeting.  Then once the meeting starts different player factions will argue over different problems.  It's exactly what McAfee and JJ confirmed. They both said they don't ever remember seeing a positive outcome from such meeting.  

And there are other players who say they've worked. Players that have actually won championships. You choose who's advice you want to take.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I dont see an issue with such a meeting as well. In an organization, employees sometimes feel the need to commiserate and talk about issues openly without the presence of management. I have encouraged such meetings as I feel there are some things which I am better off not knowing (as with kids) as long as the outcome is positive for the employees. 

In this case, perhaps they wanted to air out and sort through issues between themselves. Shows leadership of Miller and Allen. Lets give them kudos instead of bashing them - Miller has earned his right to mentor and teach others. 

The outrage expressed in this thread is baffling. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Listening to the all-22 review about the failings of the Buffalo defense against NE the season just might be over. 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

There was this season after where we won 13 games and a playoff game... doesn't seem like they were "lost" then.

So they won 13 games this season and a playoff game?

Ok... step away from the crack pipe.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm starting to believe that's the direction he (they) need to go. Maybe not full blown week 1 reckless version but this castrated version doesn't work for him.  Open him up and keep stressing ball security and qb sliding.  

Week 1 was still the same problem. He forced the ball instead of taking off!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.