Colts: Anthony Richardson out for the Season

Warcodered

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

The kid showed promise. Colts are a hard luck team. Every damn year!

Colts are a hard luck team??? They had Peyton Manning & Andrew Luck back to back, its no ones fault but their own they only have one championship to show for it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

From the small body of work he looked a lot better than I thought he would. However, I don't see him having a long career unless he learns to protect his body better. 

31 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Colts are a hard luck team??? They had Peyton Manning & Andrew Luck back to back, its no ones fault but their own they only have one championship to show for it

Exactly. Same reasoning is why I dislike the Packers. They had roughly 30 years of Favre/Rodgers and turned it into just 2 Super Bowls. I'm not sure between the Colts and Packers which team squandered the opportunity worse.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

From the small body of work he looked a lot better than I thought he would. However, I don't see him having a long career unless he learns to protect his body better. 

Exactly. Same reasoning is why I dislike the Packers. They had roughly 30 years of Favre/Rodgers and turned it into just 2 Super Bowls. I'm not sure between the Colts and Packers which team squandered the opportunity worse.

And the Bills had Kelly and Have Josh...

Dare I say "Stones and glass houses"?

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

And the Bills had Kelly and Have Josh...

Dare I say "Stones and glass houses"?

Well, now you're talking about differ eras, coaching staffs, even ownership. It's a bit different. 

Luck was a "generational talent" and Manning was a top 2 QB of his era. Manning easily within that top 10 all time QB list. 

Rodgers and Favre were in the top 3 of their era. Rodgers, like Manning, easily within the top 10 all time QB list. Favre somewhere in that 35-50 all time area. 

Josh's career isn't over. His story is still being written. And Kelly was great...but taking the Homer glassed off I don't think Kelly was a Top 3-5 QB of his era. Probably in the same top 35-50 all time area that Favre is. 

This is like comparing McIntosh to Granny Smith to a box of Lucky Charms IMO.

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

C’mon, Man.🙄 You know damn well I mean since Luck. Reich was screwed by their tough luck. 

52 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Well, now you're talking about differ eras, coaching staffs, even ownership. It's a bit different. 

Luck was a "generational talent" and Manning was a top 2 QB of his era. Manning easily within that top 10 all time QB list. 

Rodgers and Favre were in the top 3 of their era. Rodgers, like Manning, easily within the top 10 all time QB list. Favre somewhere in that 35-50 all time area. 

Josh's career isn't over. His story is still being written. And Kelly was great...but taking the Homer glassed off I don't think Kelly was a Top 3-5 QB of his era. Probably in the same top 35-50 all time area that Favre is. 

Actually I'm not.  Kelly did things that will never be repeated in a harder Era. Allen hasn't done anything yet just like luck.  

Taking off the rose colored glasses, 3 franchises wasting 6 great to potentially great QB's.  2 of the 3 franchises at least have a superbowl win.  

Fans can get upset all they want, McDermott and beane are wasting the most pure talented QB we have ever had.  And if something doesn't change, he and Luck will have a lot in common.

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Disagree 2

8 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Actually I'm not.  Kelly did things that will never be repeated in a harder Era. Allen hasn't done anything yet just like luck.  

Taking off the rose colored glasses, 3 franchises wasting 6 great to potentially great QB's.  2 of the 3 franchises at least have a superbowl win.  

Fans can get upset all they want, McDermott and beane are wasting the most pure talented QB we have ever had.  And if something doesn't change, he and Luck will have a lot in common.

I'd like to hear what it is that Kelly did that will never be repeated? Keep in mind, making 4 straight Super Bowls is a team accomplishment and at least one of those years Reich had more to do with us getting through the playoffs than Jim did. 

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The Colts weren’t going anywhere this year anyway might as well get the better draft picks

They were playing really well thoigh. They are in every game. And his biggest issue is not playing enough. 

he’s more talented but kinda reminds of EJ’s rookie year. There were flashes and then he would get hurt. Kills your development. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

You're talking to a person who said "we are stuck with Josh for the next three years". Not worth trying to debate with this person.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Forget Jim Kelly. The fact they didn’t come away w/ one SB with a TEAM FULL of HOFers in all 3 phases is a travesty of the highest magnitude. Damn you Ralph. Damn you…

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'd like to hear what it is that Kelly did that will never be repeated? Keep in mind, making 4 straight Super Bowls is a team accomplishment and at least one of those years Reich had more to do with us getting through the playoffs than Jim did. 

LMAO ok. I can tell I am not going to argue with you on this. 

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

nah, after manning and luck, they have several more years of QB purgatory to endure.  sorry

I tend to agree, even though he did make some promising throws and runs, many people forget that staying healthy is not all about luck.

Some athletes are able to absorb physical contact more positively than others. Unknown at this point where Richardson will fall on that spectrum but my feeling is he may need to avoid playing like Allen even though his body type may suggest he can.

• Like (+1) 1

My daughter went to Eastside High and we watched him in high school both football and basketball  You could tell he was a special freakish athlete but he also got dinged a ton from minor contact  Love his family and wish him nothing but the best moving forward My wife will be bummed , she enjoy watching/rooting for Ant

• Like (+1) 2

Sucks for him and the Colts. The lead up to the draft and regular season was all about how he’s this “big athletic freak” who’ll be able to be a difference maker with speed and size on the game. Shame he isn’t durable as they have been a good watch when he’s played. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The Colts weren’t going anywhere this year anyway might as well get the better draft picks

But you also want to know what you have in the player. 

Not to mention, this sucks for this young man. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.