RIP Suzanne Sommers

AlCowlingsTaxiService

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

I have fond memories of watching her as Carol Lambert on Step by Step growing up.  One of the all-time great TV Milfs.  Unfortunately created some completely unrealistic expectations of what I expected my friend's Moms to look like

RIP 

Aren't you supposed to be playing football, Zach? 🤨

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I have fond memories of watching her as Carol Lambert on Step by Step growing up.  One of the all-time great TV Milfs.  Unfortunately created some completely unrealistic expectations of what I expected my friend's Moms to look like

RIP 

I knew a mom who was MILF standard.  She was a best friend's mother and no I do not have a picture from 50 years ago.

Only remember seeing Christine Summers on Three's Company and one guest appearance on the Ropers.

She had a lot of problems with both career and life early in life and I am glad she was happier in later part of life.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

RIP 

I had no idea she was the same actress from Threes Company, that's neat.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I knew a mom who was MILF standard.  She was a best friend's mother and no I do not have a picture from 50 years ago.

Only remember seeing Christine Summers on Three's Company and one guest appearance on the Ropers.

She had a lot of problems with both career and life early in life and I am glad she was happier in later part of life.

Yes, it was good to see her doing so well later on, as her acting career was very short lived.

I wish that there have could have been more straightforward comedy for her instead of the silliness and wacky comedy that she mostly got.

RIP

16 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, it was good to see her doing so well later on, as her acting career was very short lived.

I wish that there have could have been more straightforward comedy for her instead of the silliness and wacky comedy that she mostly got.

RIP

The story is that she was the unlucky actor who got hosed by the networks. They colluded and decided that the best way to keep actor salaries down was to play hardball with the next one to ask for a new deal and make an example of them rather than negotiate in good faith. That is why she was replaced on Three's Company.

My father used to live in Blackhawk, CA. One day his next door neighbor asks him over to meet his niece. My dad goes over and Suzanne Somers is sitting there. He said she was very nice and personable. She also said that she made way more money doing advertisements for the Thighmaster than she ever did acting.

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The story is that she was the unlucky actor who got hosed by the networks. They colluded and decided that the best way to keep actor salaries down was to play hardball with the next one to ask for a new deal and make an example of them rather than negotiate in good faith. That is why she was replaced on Three's Company.

My father used to live in Blackhawk, CA. One day his next door neighbor asks him over to meet his niece. My dad goes over and Suzanne Somers is sitting there. He said she was very nice and personable. She also said that she made way more money doing advertisements for the Thighmaster than she ever did acting.

Reportedly she claimed false injuries after they refused to give her raise she wanted and at one point they had her film her scenes separately.

Sounds like one of the players under contract demanding new one and when management refuses come up with phantom injuries.

43 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Reportedly she claimed false injuries after they refused to give her raise she wanted and at one point they had her film her scenes separately.

Sounds like one of the players under contract demanding new one and when management refuses come up with phantom injuries.

I don’t remember that, but I do know that it got ugly and her being replaced was a big deal at the time. I can’t remember if that change caused its decline or if it was already happening.

20 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

RIP 

I remember that show very fondly as well but well never looked at her like that at that age.  She seemed the cool and good mom.  Although I remember her and Frank always wanted to get it on 😅

When I started getting older though I looked at her and Peg Bundy differently like that.  Haha

Rest well.  She seemed a good person in general 

Edited by Another Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I remember that show very fondly as well but well never looked at her like that at that age.  She seemed the cool and good mom.  Although I remember her and Frank always wanted to get it on 😅

When I started getting older though I looked at her and Peg Bundy differently like that.  Haha

Rest well.  She seemed a good person in general 

That was always the running joke even back then...her and Frank had to have been the horniest couple on a Family sitcom of all-time 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I don’t remember that, but I do know that it got ugly and her being replaced was a big deal at the time. I can’t remember if that change caused its decline or if it was already happening.

Multiple citations of this and I remember it in the trade magazines at the time.  Here is one.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/oct/15/suzanne-somers-actor-threes-company-american-graffiti

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Very underrated actress imo, carried Threes Company to #1. Never the same when she left. 

I also liked the show better with the Ropers. Nothing against Don Knotts as Mr. Furley who was also a very talented actor.

Edited by Gregg

Suzanne Sommers and my Mom... both had long fights with cancer and lost. Suzanne fought it for 23 years. Mom was once declared cancer free, only to have it reappear after 15 years. Breast cancer sucks. Make sure your loved ones get yearly mammograms.

May they rest in peace.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Flags were flying half mast at the Tonawanda vs. Medina football game last night.  Someone asked me if it was in honor of Suzanne Sommers.  I said, I don't think any flag was ever at half mast around Suzanne Sommers.

Lmao why would a football team in Western New York fly their flags at half mast for an actress with no relation to the schools 

I feel a strong sense of melancholy reading reports like this.  Three’s Company was a staple of my youth.  We just didn’t appreciate then that women were suppressed and exploited in every way.  I also didn’t remember just how attractive she was.

RIP Suzanne…

29 minutes ago, eball said:

I feel a strong sense of melancholy reading reports like this.  Three’s Company was a staple of my youth.  We just didn’t appreciate then that women were suppressed and exploited in every way.  I also didn’t remember just how attractive she was.

RIP Suzanne…

There is always these discussions on which was better.  Ginger or Mary Ann,  Bailey or Jennifer, Joyce or Chrssy.

I always was on Bruinette side; I guess that is partly why I married an Asian.  I am also allergic to peroxide and I discovered later sillicones.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

There is always these discussions on which was better.  Ginger or Mary Ann,  Bailey or Jennifer, Joyce or Chrssy.

I always was on Bruinette side; I guess that is partly why I married an Asian.  I am also allergic to peroxide and I discovered later sillicones.

I’ve never been a “blonde bimbo” kind of guy, which is why I was surprised at how attractive Suzanne was when I saw some old clips this week.  At the time I went the brunette angle as well…

Jo from Facts of Life…aye caramba…

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

For me it was Mary Ann over Ginger, Bailey over Jennifer, and Chrissy over Joyce. I would also add Cheryl Ladd as my favorite "Angel" from Charlies Angles.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.