NFL Trade Deadline Oct 31 - Rumored List of Players Available

ngbills

I don’t think we will make a move but if I had to rank likeliest trade candidates:

1. Harrison Phillips - with Cousins down, the rebuild that was expected in 2024 starts early. About 2 million is owed to Phillips for the rest of the year, he knows the system, and he would start next to Ed the next day.

2. Kendall Fuller - This week was the Commies last stand, they have now fallen to 0-3 in the division. Rivera and McD have a relationship. His contract is a bit more expensive at about 4.5 left for the year.

3. Josey Jewel - The Broncos had a few goals this year. Beat the Chiefs, see what players are worth keeping around and lose a lot of games to get a young QB. Jewel is on the last year of his contract and Drew Sanders is expected to be a longer term player. About 2 million is still owed.

Others I’d be shocked if we landed, but may be obtainable by someone for a big price:

1. Derrick Brown

2. DeForest Buckner

3. Jonathan Allen

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I don’t think we will make a move but if I had to rank likeliest trade candidates:

1. Harrison Phillips - with Cousins down, the rebuild that was expected in 2024 starts early. About 2 million is owed to Phillips for the rest of the year, he knows the system, and he would start next to Ed the next day.

2. Kendall Fuller - This week was the Commies last stand, they have now fallen to 0-3 in the division. Rivera and McD have a relationship. His contract is a bit more expensive at about 4.5 left for the year.

3. Josey Jewel - The Broncos had a few goals this year. Beat the Chiefs, see what players are worth keeping around and lose a lot of games to get a young QB. Jewel is on the last year of his contract and Drew Sanders is expected to be a longer term player. About 2 million is still owed.

Others I’d be shocked if we landed, but may be obtainable by someone for a big price:

1. Derrick Brown

2. DeForest Buckner

3. Jonathan Allen

They will make at least one move … probably for a DT would be my guess

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The relatively big name WR who makes the most sense for their team to move given their record is probably  Marquise Brown.

With Kyler Murray ready to return soon..........if they don't subtract some offensive talent........that team might actually win 3-4 games the rest of the season and ruin their shot at Williams/Maye in the draft.

Bills need someone that can take the top off of defenses 

My choices:

DT (priority)

1. Andrew Billings, DT, Chicago
  2. Harrison Phillips, DT, Minnesota
  3. Calais Campbell, DT, Atlanta
  4. Grover Stewart, DT, Indianapolis (returns from suspension December 4)
  5. Homerun hitting:  Kenny Clark, DT, Green Bay
  6. Homerun hitting:  Leonard Williams, DT, New York

OTHERS

1. TJ Edwards, LB, Chicago
  2. Jordan Hicks, LB, Green Bay
  3. AJ Dillion, RB, Green Bay
  4. Sterling Shepard, WR, New York

I don't trade for CBs - the Bills have four! rotating around the practice squad.  I'd rather try those guys first.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, dpberr said:

My choices:

DT (priority)

1. Andrew Billings, DT, Chicago
  2. Harrison Phillips, DT, Minnesota
  3. Calais Campbell, DT, Atlanta
  4. Grover Stewart, DT, Indianapolis (returns from suspension December 4)
  5. Homerun hitting:  Kenny Clark, DT, Green Bay
  6. Homerun hitting:  Leonard Williams, DT, New York

OTHERS

1. TJ Edwards, LB, Chicago
  2. Jordan Hicks, LB, Green Bay
  3. AJ Dillion, RB, Green Bay
  4. Sterling Shepard, WR, New York

I don't trade for CBs - the Bills have four! rotating around the practice squad.  I'd rather try those guys first.  

I am only trading for a CB if they're a perfect scheme fit and are available for nothing more than a late round pick swap. I know that means you aren't getting a great player but I'll take the depth if they fit the scheme. Otherwise I'm all over the DT and LB market and I think AJ Dillon would be a very interesting addition to the backfield. I am also looking at RB's who excel in pass protection. 

6 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

I am only trading for a CB if they're a perfect scheme fit and are available for nothing more than a late round pick swap. I know that means you aren't getting a great player but I'll take the depth if they fit the scheme. Otherwise I'm all over the DT and LB market and I think AJ Dillon would be a very interesting addition to the backfield. I am also looking at RB's who excel in pass protection. 

I think that out of the areas that can use help, CB is the most difficult to address.  Those players really need to understand the playbook.  I don't think a player coming in from another team, even if they have a high football IQ, are going to hit the field and know what they are doing.  

Linebacker is also difficult - I choose Edwards and Hicks because they are linebackers who are known to pick up playbooks fast, and have a high football IQ.  TJ Edwards seems to be productive regardless of defensive strategy.  Is he the very best linebacker in the NFC, no, but his value is in concert with what I'd be willing to pay.  

I see DT and RB more plug and play, provided you get vets who know what they are doing and are motivated.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

CJ Caggiano....the guy who always gets the Bills schedule early  has mentioned the Bills *might*  be bringing in Donkey Kong Suh for a physical 

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Bills have apparently shown interest in CB Jaylon Johnson.

We won't get him if other teams are interested 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

CJ Caggiano....the guy who always gets the Bills schedule early  has mentioned the Bills *might*  be bringing in Donkey Kong Suh for a physical 

We won't get him if other teams are interested 

I'd be fine with Suh. Doesn't cost any draft capital.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I'd be fine with Suh. Doesn't cost any draft capital.

If the rumors of Suh are legit, then it leads me to believe (hope) that Beane is targeting CB or LB via trade. He is dealing with limited resources so as much as we would all love for him to make big splash trades to fill the holes left by injury, it's just not feasible. My hope is that he has identified his target, and is attempting to plug/patch some of the other holes with cheap vet signings so he can commit what resources he does have to land his preferred target. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ytownblofan said:

If the rumors of Suh are legit, then it leads me to believe (hope) that Beane is targeting CB or LB via trade. He is dealing with limited resources so as much as we would all love for him to make big splash trades to fill the holes left by injury, it's just not feasible. My hope is that he has identified his target, and is attempting to plug/patch some of the other holes with cheap vet signings so he can commit what resources he does have to land his preferred target. 

The thing is, if we are looking at Suh and is any better than what we currently have (🙏) or is even  close to what DJ was, then the LB issue isn't so bad. 

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Jaylon Johnson has allowed a passer rating of 22.2 when targeted.  #1 among CB's

Offer them Elam and a 2nd.   Extend him.   Win.    

Elam should field a 3rd on the highest end (if there's competition), more likely a 4th or a 5th. I'm not offering a 2nd and a 3-5 unless I know we can get him back. That's a steep price for just 9 games and the Playoffs (which isn't guaranteed right now). And it's not just as simple as just "extend him". He and his people more likely than not will want to test his market.

I suppose we can get a 3rd or 4th comp pick back for him if we can't re-sign him. But that would include him getting a massive contract and us having to be conservative in FA, handicapped by making sure we sign less than we lose.

Elam and a 3rd would be the highest I would possibly go. Especially if we don't know if he has an interest in a contract extension.

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It wasn't going to happen. That's too much money for us to pay for 9 games of a RB, let alone Draft compensation on top of it. Any slim hopes of it possibly happening went out the window with the Fournette signing this morning. We wouldn't have bothered with that if Henry was still in the equation.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Elam should field a 3rd on the high end, more likely a 4th or a 5th. I'm not offering a 2nd and a 5th unless I know we can get him back. That's a steep price for just 9 games and the Playoffs (which isn't guaranteed right now). And it's not just as simple as "just extend him". He'll probably want to test his market.

I suppose we can get a 3rd or 4th comp pick back for him if we can't re-sign him. But that would include him getting a massive contract and us having to be conservative in FA, handicapped by making sure we sign less than we lose.

Elam and a 3rd would be as high as I would go. Especially if we don't know if he has an interest in a contract extension.

I would assume a trade for him would include assurances between Beane and his agent that the parameters of a deal could be worked out long term.  

He’s been open to signing with Chicago and it hasn’t come to fruition.  I’m sure there’s an idea of what he’s looking for and whether or not we could make that happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I would assume a trade for him would include assurances between Beane and his agent that the parameters of a deal could be worked out long term.  

He’s been open to signing with Chicago and it hasn’t come to fruition.  I’m sure there’s an idea of what he’s looking for and whether or not we could make that happen. 

Yeah, I would need to know what his parameters are on an extension and if he would sign one and if we would be willing to pay it before offering anything higher than a 3rd.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

I say Brandon trades away 2 players for draft picks then goes to bed

You guys will be pissed

The only thing I'm expecting us to do is Trade Elam for whatever we can get. Hopeful we can get at least a depth player at CB, DT, or LB. But *expecting* a serious difference maker is to set yourself up for disappointment. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The only thing I'm expecting us to do is Trade Elam for whatever we can get. Hopeful we can get at least a depth player at CB, DT, or LB. But *expecting* a serious difference maker is to set yourself up for disappointment. 

To be honest,  I wouldn't be totally shocked if we don't trade Elam.

On 10/29/2023 at 4:11 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

No way. DTs take years to develop. They need to win now. Draft OT and WR that can play day 1.

Get your DT in free agency or via trade.

I did mention both FA and draft ?
 Short term and long term would be wise.

perennial contenders they are not at this point anyways. It would take great luck to go all the way.

4 hours ago, Process said:

If we trade for him and then let him walk next offseason we'd be in line for a nice comp pick, wouldn't we?

Depends on who else lose via FA and sign via FA.  We could for sure.  This seems like the move imo.  

would love a LB too though.  The Dobson/Rapp timeshare has been putrid to my eye

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

I did mention both FA and draft ?
 Short term and long term would be wise.

perennial contenders they are not at this point anyways. It would take great luck to go all the way.

It takes great luck for anyone to go all the way imo.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

How about Chase Young for a 3rd and a 6th?   

He can move around the line.

He has 5 sacks on the year.

A change of scenery could help him become an All-Pro player again 

Still only 24

We don't need another End. It's probably the deepest position we have on the team.

Miller's reps are ramping up as he's getting healthier and starting to get pressures. Leonard Floyd is exceeding expectations. Greg Rousseau is on the other side. AJ Epenesa is easily playing his best ball.

That's 4 starting quality ends. Most teams are lucky to have two. And why would we take reps away from any of those players with how they're performing?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

19 hours ago, LEBills said:

1. Derrick Brown

2. DeForest Buckner

3. Jonathan Allen

1 and 3  are easy and yes

Jewel is absolutely on my radar

dont know about Fuller. But if you ay so , lets do it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.