Josh and Digs thoughts

Italian Bills

Don’t know if someone else started a similar thread, if so mods feel free to merge this. 

I’m curious to know what you think about this thing: 

in all their private thoughts, what do you think are the Josh’s and Stefon’s feelings about our real chance to compete for the SB after the London debacle, the way the offense performed and considering all the brutal injuries we suffered ? 

Do you think they still are positive about the big picture and their chance to get there, that they still think we have all the weapons needed to reach that goal, or do they think that at the moment, considering everything, it could become another season headed nowhere, maybe a round or two in the playoffs at max ? 

What will be their vision right now ? With all that is happening again to them this year, i wouldn’t blame them if thinking that this could be another season without having chance to win the SB. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

They are not stupid. Every single person who is close to this team knows that the three guys we have lost for the year within the last two weeks are big players for this team and includes two guys who have been first team all pros. 

Our SB chances are, without doubt, diminished. They know that. Everyone does.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Next man up.   They think they may need to score a few more points from here on out and they look forward to the challenge.   Their vision is unchanged.   Keep in mind, there have been SB winning teams who have lost key players early in the season, late in the season, in the playoffs.  Having over 20 people on IR is not unheard of.   You simply move on with who you have and they still have a real opportunity.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Don’t know if someone else started a similar thread, if so mods feel free to merge this. 

in all their private thoughts, what do you think are the Josh’s and Stefon’s feelings about our real chance to compete for the SB after the London debacle, the way the offense performed and considering all the brutal injuries we suffered ? 

Do you think they still are positive about the big picture and their chance to get there, that they still think we have all the weapons needed to reach that goal, or do they think that at the moment, considering everything, it could become another season headed nowhere, maybe a round or two in the playoffs at max ? 

What will be their vision right now ? With all that is happening again to them this year, i wouldn’t blame them if thinking that this could be another season without having chance to win the SB. 

You will get bashed and negative rep for this, but my buddy and I had this discussion late Sunday.  After all the injuries so far and letdowns like Sunday... I wonder if they are thinking exactly that.  No matter what many fans say, these 2 are human, and they want to win, but you have to wonder if the "here we go again " mindset hasn't creeped in.

I remember watching SB 28, and after Thurman fumbled early 2nd half, you saw the "$#@! Here qe go again" go across every Bills face amd it was over.  

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They are not stupid. Every single person who is close to this team knows that the three guys we have lost for the year within the last two weeks are big players for this team and includes two guys who have been first team all pros. 

Thank-you Bill. Many fans forget they are human.  You know Diggs isn't thrilled as he wants a SB win.

I am going to get torn to shreds, but I got big shoulders...you can't tell me at least once it hasn't crossed Josh's mind that he may not win a SB here. Sorry no way in hell it hasn't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

I'm sure they curl up in the corner like the other 75,000 QB's or WR's that started out their careers and now ring up gas receipts at the local convenience store. There's no resiliency they've ever shown to help them fight through whatever they've faced to get to the peak of success. Yupp.

Kidding aside, I'm sure it's not an easy pill to swallow, but no matter how many night's McDermott dreams of stuffing an opponent on 4th and Goal at the 2 yard line for victory, this team rides or dies on the offense. They'll need the defense, but McDermott has schemed around injuries to guys like Kuechly and Davis before. 

Information is best. Losing them now, in one of the softer parts of the schedule, is knowledge. Use it to your advantage, plan for the lack of White, Milano, and probably Jones.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Thank-you Bill. Many fans forget they are human.  You know Diggs isn't thrilled as he wants a SB win.

I am going to get torn to shreds, but I got big shoulders...you can't tell me at least once it hasn't crossed Josh's mind that he may not win a SB here. Sorry no way in hell it hasn't.

They won't be thrilled. They know their chance of winning the Superbowl this year just took a major hit. But equally they get it. It is the NFL. It is brutal. Injuries can rip seasons apart. They will all say "next man up" but they know you can't just next man up Matt Milano.

• Thank you (+1) 1

If anything there may be a bit more urgency on the offensive side of the ball to get off to great starts. 

We may need to score 30-35 points a game at a minimum.

It’s still a long season, have to adjust and I guess we will see what that looks like over the next couple weeks before the trade deadline. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Bills are as good as any team in the AFC. KC is beatable. Everyone saw what they did to the fish. Ravens are 3-2, Bengals are 2-3. There is no real dominant team in the AFC that is unbeatable. Now in the NFC the 49ers are a different story. I know there is still a lot of football left but they have to be considered the favorites to win it all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Diggs:  Wants to win.  Never say die.  Emotion focused on winning, maybe too much emotion.

Allen: wants to win.  Gives up too easily in game.  Can always fall back on Hollywood.  At the bottom of it all…..satisfied.

Reality: The Bills took major hits….almost unfair hits…to their health but still have a strong team.  SF has a legit juggernaut, everybody else can be beaten except for maybe the refs assisting Taylor Swift and the gang.

Conclusion:  The Bills have a better chance than most teams in most years and there is no reason to give up but Allen specifically has to grow up and become what he can be.  He needs to be unsatisfied but he appears spoiled.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Next man up.   They think they may need to score a few more points from here on out and they look forward to the challenge.   Their vision is unchanged.   Keep in mind, there have been SB winning teams who have lost key players early in the season, late in the season, in the playoffs.  Having over 20 people on IR is not unheard of.   You simply move on with who you have and they still have a real opportunity.

Our offense is pretty healthy and to me, enough talented to win every single game against everyone, but they have to find a way to play better consistently, game after game after game, not three game a A GAME and then here we go again with a C GAME. 

I hope they will find how to play their football style, schemes and execution, most of all schemes, so Dorsey need to create a more creative offensive plan with the luxury to have Josh as his QB. 

Question: is he capable in this task ? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Diggs:  Wants to win.  Never say die.  Emotion focused on winning, maybe too much emotion.

Allen: wants to win.  Gives up too easily in game.  Can always fall back on Hollywood.  At the bottom of it all…..satisfied.

Reality: The Bills took major hits….almost unfair hits…to their health but still have a strong team.  SF has a legit juggernaut, everybody else can be beaten except for maybe the refs assisting Taylor Swift and the gang.

Conclusion:  The Bills have a better chance than most teams in most years and there is no reason to give up but Allen specifically has to grow up and become what he can be.  He needs to be unsatisfied but he appears spoiled.

Yes.. too many times Josh’s look is discouraged when things don’t go our way… Diggs different story, he always has that fierce, ferocious look in his eyes… no matter what. 

If only Josh could reach that mental status, we would become pretty unbeatable. 

I mean, sorry bills brotherhood, the GOAT had it all of his career. 

• Vomit 1

Stefon is a Diva and can be abrasive and irritable.   From everything you hear though, he's a great teammate and provides spark in practice and on the sidelines.  Even during the London game, the reporter said the Bills bench was quiet and downtrodden when it was 11-0 and Diggs was the one guy pumping everyone up even the defense.  He wants to win so bad and probably can't figure out why we haven't won it already.

Josh is arguably the best player in the league and in his prime.  He's a nice guy.  I wish he would have more of an assassin mentality.  Sometimes on the field, yelling at someone might be necessary. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Yes.. too many times Josh’s look is discouraged when things don’t go our way… Diggs different story, he always has that fierce, ferocious look in his eyes… no matter what. 

Josh CAN do it.  It’s just a matter of whether he will.

It already feels like the Bills have let the typical close games they should have won slip away. The game that if they would have won would have gotten them the 1 seed and more importantly than the first-round bye, the more favorable divisional round match up. Get ready for BIlls @ Chiefs VI this January. If that happens, since 2020 we will have somehow played the Chiefs at Arrowhead 6 times and in Buffalo once. 

41 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Stefon is a Diva and can be abrasive and irritable.   From everything you hear though, he's a great teammate and provides spark in practice and on the sidelines.  Even during the London game, the reporter said the Bills bench was quiet and downtrodden when it was 11-0 and Diggs was the one guy pumping everyone up even the defense.  He wants to win so bad and probably can't figure out why we haven't won it already.

Josh is arguably the best player in the league and in his prime.  He's a nice guy.  I wish he would have more of an assassin mentality.  Sometimes on the field, yelling at someone might be necessary. 

Exactly about Josh, it’s called Brady mentality. How many times we saw him screaming at some teammates or ref with that looking in his eyes ? 

But hey, can you teach that way to be ? Don’t think so, or you have it or maybe one day that mentality appears by itself, but you can’t teach or train it. 

1 hour ago, Italian Bills said:

I don’t think they’re bipolar like a lot of people on this site. 
Some of you get too high on a win and then sound like you want to commit suicide after a loss. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

I don’t think they’re bipolar like a lot of people on this site. 
Some of you get too high on a win and then sound like you want to commit suicide after a loss. 

I don’t see it that way, it is just a conversation on an aspect that is real, a normal human being answer after a hard hit. 

We've been both spoiled and unhealthily enamored with having a #1/#2 Defense.

Defense isn't what wins Super Bowls in this league now, Offense is!  Just look at the last three winners and look at the scores for the winning teams generally speaking.  Hell, look at our playoff exits.  

Having said that, our offense is fine and if there's any question there, it's our ability to, or lack thereof being more accurate, to out coach the opposing DC/HC to be able to capitalize against the better, read playoff caliber, teams.  

Using the proper personnel, in the right situations, and not routinely calling plays that are blatantly destined to lose yards or fall short in key situations, is requisite.  

We have the talent to set a new franchise record for scoring, and in no small way!  

We finally have a solid OL.  

We can win a Championship with a middle of the road D just like KC did last season.  

If anything's going to prevent that, apart from injuries on Offense, it's coaching.  

We have a defensive-minded coach when we need an offensive-minded one.  

And yes Gunner, I realize you disagree.  🤨😉

Edited by PBF81
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Italian Bills said:

Jordan may have had it all of his career, although LeBron developed IT eventually in his career too.  And even Jordan needed to learn to trust his teammates.  Everyone has their own path.

Teams just don't win a Super Bowl solely carried by an elite defense anymore. You need an elite offense supplemented with a great pass rush. The losses we've had on defense the past 2 weeks are a very big deal. But we still have the pieces in place on the defensive line and on offense to win games in January and February. 

But yeah it would be nice to get the 1 seed for once and those chances took a huge blow in the first month of the season.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

We've been both spoiled and unhealthily enamored with having a #1/#2 Defense.

Defense isn't what wins Super Bowls in this league now, Offense is!  Just look at the last three winners and look at the scores for the winning teams generally speaking.  Hell, look at our playoff exits.  

Having said that, our offense is fine and if there's any question there, it's our ability to, or lack thereof being more accurate, to out coach the opposing DC/HC to be able to capitalize against the better, read playoff caliber, teams.  

Using the proper personnel, in the right situations, and not routinely calling plays that are blatantly destined to lose yards or fall short in key situations, is requisite.  

We have the talent to set a new franchise record for scoring, and in no small way!  

We finally have a solid OL.  

We can win a Championship with a middle of the road D just like KC did last season.  

If anything's going to prevent that, apart from injuries on Offense, it's coaching.  

We have a defensive-minded coach when we need an offensive-minded one.  

And yes Gunner, I realize you disagree.  🤨😉

I disagree the Chiefs don't win last year's Super Bowl without a defensive TD. Also critical stops on D to cause the Eagles to get FGs vs TDs allowed the game to be manageable. Can we win with a middle of the pack? Sure but winning is easier when your D isn't giving up points see this past game, had the offense done anything in fhe first half minus the last minute drive or was able to double dip the halves we're talking about a different game entirely. Holding a team to 11 points in 3.5 quarters makes winning a whole lot eaiser than asking your offense to score 35 plus a game. 

12 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I disagree the Chiefs don't win last year's Super Bowl without a defensive TD. Also critical stops on D to cause the Eagles to get FGs vs TDs allowed the game to be manageable. Can we win with a middle of the pack? Sure but winning is easier when your D isn't giving up points see this past game, had the offense done anything in fhe first half minus the last minute drive or was able to double dip the halves we're talking about a different game entirely. Holding a team to 11 points in 3.5 quarters makes winning a whole lot eaiser than asking your offense to score 35 plus a game. 

Disagree as you may, they allowed their 4th most 1st-Downs, 4th most total yards, and 5th most passing yards that they did all season in the Super Bowl.  

The Eagles were also in the game due to offense.  The total for that game was 73.  Not sure how any one claims that defense won it.  

Three of the Chiefs' scoring drives were 75 yards, another was 66 yards.  The Eagles had three 75s, a 68, and a 60.

Without that defensive TD, which was one play, the Eagles win it, ... because of their Offense.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They won't be thrilled. They know their chance of winning the Superbowl this year just took a major hit. But equally they get it. It is the NFL. It is brutal. Injuries can rip seasons apart. They will all say "next man up" but they know you can't just next man up Matt Milano.

Yeah, there is no next man up for Milano, and his loss is a much bigger hit than many want to admit.

39 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Why wouldn't they feel great?

If you are asking this question you never played competitive sports.

Never been a pro, ma played soccer for about 25 years, i ski and i’m a road cyclist, so i know something about sport and competitiveness. 

It’s a just a normal reaction that you can have when your team lose 2/3 starters because bad injuries and you feel your team is not strong enough anymore to win the championship. 

This doesn’t mean that you are a joke. 

39 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Jordan may have had it all of his career, although LeBron developed IT eventually in his career too.  And even Jordan needed to learn to trust his teammates.  Everyone has their own path.

It could be that way also, of course. 

8 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Never been a pro, ma played soccer for about 25 years, i ski and i’m a road cyclist, so i know something about sport and competitiveness. 

It’s a just a normal reaction that you can have when your team lose 2/3 starters because bad injuries and you feel your team is not strong enough anymore to win the championship. 

This doesn’t mean that you are a joke. 

It could be that way also, of course. 

On that level you never feel that way. And why would they?

People are acting like they have gone from a top 3 D to worst in the NFL.

Give me a fxxking break.

This will AT WORST be a top 10-12 D. Like Shanahan's scheme limits the importance of the QB, McD's scheme on D limits the importance of any one piece in favor of a group of players playing as a cohesive unit and being fundamentally sound and in the right place based on the defense called.

Plenty good enough to win a Super Bowl with. Better than KCs D in either of their last 2 Super bowl wins.

At the end of the day, it is going to depend on the offense just like it always was once they got to the playoffs.

Edited by BillsUberAlles

7 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

On that level you never feel that way. And why would they?

People are acting like they have gone from a top 3 D to worst in the NFL.

Give me a fxxking break.

This will AT WORST be a top 10-12 D. Like Shanahan's scheme limits the importance of the QB, McD's scheme on D limits the importance of any one piece in favor of a group of players playing as a cohesive unit and being fundamentally sound and in the right place based on the defense called.

Plenty good enough to win a Super Bowl with. Better than KCs D in either of their last 2 Super bowl wins.

At the end of the day, it is going to depend on the offense just like it always was once they got to the playoffs.

I supported the same concept about the offense, with the difference that Dorsey have ton of talent to work on, maybe is time to use it the right way. 

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Can’t say I’ve ever seen the lad “give up easily”. I’ve seen him be dejected, frustrated and unhappy with what’s unfold/ing/ed on the field but never once “given up” let alone “easily”. 

Do not think there is a player under McDermott’s lead who has given more to the team game in, game out than Josh. 

Everyone is certainly entitled to their views/opinions but if you really believe that portion of your post then I don’t know what to say… Good luck!

Edited by BBFL
sp
  • Agree 1

Allen and Diggs know playoff football is a single elimination game, and would be confident they can eliminate anyone in a one game series. You don’t have to beat KC, SF, Phi 4 times to win. Go get the #1 seed and close out the final 12 games of the regular season by setting records. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

100% correct, while at the same time being 2 of the NFLs most competitive players at their respected positions there’s little doubt they believe they can and should win every game on the schedule as long as they remain healthy.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

crystal ball love GIF by HERSHEY’S Cookies ’n’ Creme

8 minutes ago, julian said:

100% correct, while at the same time being 2 of the NFLs most competitive players at their respected positions there’s little doubt they believe they can and should win every game on the schedule as long as they remain healthy.

Yea for sure, they will use it as fire. It is who they both are. But there is no doubt that they know the chances are slimmer without some of their most talented teammates. 

• Agree 1

They are smart enough to look at the AFC and say even with these injuries the Bills are top 2 in the AFC. Looking league wide they are top 3… so yes they know they still have a very good chance. Especially since the AFC looks like hot garbage this year.

49 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

I supported the same concept about the offense, with the difference that Dorsey have ton of talent to work on, maybe is time to use it the right way. 

Imagine what would happen...I mean they only lead the entire NFL in points per game since Dorsey has taken over at 29.2...

Maybe they'd average 40. IMO, this Dorsey hate is literally the most delusional thing I have ever seen.

He has run the most successful offense in the NFL since he has been OC in terms of scoring points and converting 3rd downs.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

This is so far off

When the Bills signed Emmanuel Sanders as our #2 WR was the first time I thought that Allen could be LeBron James in Cleveland the first time around. 

An elite talent, stuck in an organization that values a balanced team and continuity more than elite talent. 

Beane has built a balanced roster and clearly has prioritized bringing back as many 2020-2022 pieces as possible to 2023, but isn't it clear that they added Diggs in 2020 and stopped when it came to adding another explosive playmaker? 

They weren't in on D. Adams, AJ Brown, T. Hill (I give the Bills a pass here because no way the Chiefs are trading him to the Bills), but will the Bills be involved in this trade deadline? With Hopkins, they made a run after all the FA money had been spent and they could only offer the veteran minimum. 

Gabe Davis' stat line looks good, but his 6-100-1 came in garbage time. I think he's holding the offense back, and of course Dorsey's pedestrian scheme. Allen and Diggs are overcoming Dorsey and generally, mediocre receiving talent. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.