Josh and Digs thoughts

Italian Bills

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

They are smart enough to look at the AFC and say even with these injuries the Bills are top 2 in the AFC. Looking league wide they are top 3… so yes they know they still have a very good chance. Especially since the AFC looks like hot garbage this year.

Even if you are a Pats fan you are always polite, full of good words for the Bills and objective. 

I appreciate this very much, you are very loyal. Hat off. 

9 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Imagine what would happen...I mean they only lead the entire NFL in points per game since Dorsey has taken over at 29.2...

Maybe they'd average 40. IMO, this Dorsey hate is literally the most delusional thing I have ever seen.

He has run the most successful offense in the NFL since he has been OC in terms of scoring points and converting 3rd downs.

Maybe he lacks of creativity, what you think ? Besides all the right things you mentioned i mean. 

9 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Trade deadline comes up at the end of Oct. I am sure Beane is working the phones looking for help especially on defense. Curious to see what he can do.

Uhmmm… i’m not so sure, of course it would help. 😁

4 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Don’t know if someone else started a similar thread, if so mods feel free to merge this. 

I’m curious to know what you think about this thing: 

in all their private thoughts, what do you think are the Josh’s and Stefon’s feelings about our real chance to compete for the SB after the London debacle, the way the offense performed and considering all the brutal injuries we suffered ? 

Do you think they still are positive about the big picture and their chance to get there, that they still think we have all the weapons needed to reach that goal, or do they think that at the moment, considering everything, it could become another season headed nowhere, maybe a round or two in the playoffs at max ? 

What will be their vision right now ? With all that is happening again to them this year, i wouldn’t blame them if thinking that this could be another season without having chance to win the SB. 

I think they both are students of recent NFL history and have only to go back to the Brady Bucs SP win to see that a team playing very average with a 7 - 5 record was able to go on a role and win a Super Bowl.

I also think that they would tell you that the SB window is still open this year but would be open even wider if they were unleashed more. 

12 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Imagine what would happen...I mean they only lead the entire NFL in points per game since Dorsey has taken over at 29.2...

Maybe they'd average 40. IMO, this Dorsey hate is literally the most delusional thing I have ever seen.

He has run the most successful offense in the NFL since he has been OC in terms of scoring points and converting 3rd downs.

Dorsey is very inconsistent, and seems to lack in game adjustments

We will know exactly where Dorsey stands by the end of the season. We have had 3 good games and 2 bad ones on offense this year.  Not all Dorsey's fault on the bad but I still have concerns.

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Dorsey is very inconsistent, and seems to lack in game adjustments

We will know exactly where Dorsey stands by the end of the season. We have had 3 good games and 2 bad ones on offense this year.  Not all Dorsey's fault on the bad but I still have concerns.

Except when it comes to scoring points and converting 3rd downs and then he is the best in the NFL.

Makes sense to me

7 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Even if you are a Pats fan you are always polite, full of good words for the Bills and objective. 

I appreciate this very much, you are very loyal. Hat off. 

Maybe he lacks of creativity, what you think ? Besides all the right things you mentioned i mean. 

Uhmmm… i’m not so sure, of course it would help. 😁

I think people don't watch enough football to see how other teams play and how they struggle to move the ball, something the Bills do effortlessly most games.

After seeing Bills games, other games are near unwatchable most times.

Edited by BillsUberAlles
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

When the Bills signed Emmanuel Sanders as our #2 WR was the first time I thought that Allen could be LeBron James in Cleveland the first time around. 

An elite talent, stuck in an organization that values a balanced team and continuity more than elite talent. 

Beane has built a balanced roster and clearly has prioritized bringing back as many 2020-2022 pieces as possible to 2023, but isn't it clear that they added Diggs in 2020 and stopped when it came to adding another explosive playmaker? 

They weren't in on D. Adams, AJ Brown, T. Hill (I give the Bills a pass here because no way the Chiefs are trading him to the Bills), but will the Bills be involved in this trade deadline? With Hopkins, they made a run after all the FA money had been spent and they could only offer the veteran minimum. 

Gabe Davis' stat line looks good, but his 6-100-1 came in garbage time. I think he's holding the offense back, and of course Dorsey's pedestrian scheme. Allen and Diggs are overcoming Dorsey and generally, mediocre receiving talent. 

Unfortunately everybody here was here this past season hoping that the FO to makes the “big splash” adding another studd thread at this offense.. but it never happened and honestly this was very delusional. 

With a due like Diggs and one of those mentioned above, good luck at trying to stopping us “other nfl teams”. 

Just now, BillsUberAlles said:

Except when it comes to scoring points and converting 3rd downs and then he is the best in the NFL.

Makes sense to me

see the 2 bad games then get back to me. Last year he had no answers in many games too

You can see what you want but I'm not overly thrilled with him and we shall see how it plays out. He does lack consistency.

My main concern is that McD's reaction to the loss of key defensive personnel is to pull the offense in even more tightly and use it to protect the D.  That means emphasizing TOP and long drives.  This will negatively impact the big plays that make the Bills O most deadly.  IMO this would be a mistake and likley exasperate the problems associated with losing some of our best Defensive players.

I'm hoping that the Bills staff gets together and rethinks the strategic direction of the team in light of the injuries and decides to open up the offense and defense.  That is return to a big play more Allen centric (including Allen running the ball) offense.  And on D take even more risks knowing you will give up big plays but also get more 3 & outs and TO's.  Giving up a 70 yard TD pas on an all out blitz at least gets the O back on the field fast against a worn out D.

The worst thing IMO that can happen is teams routinely go on 15 play TD drives that keeps out O stewing on the bench for 8 minutes.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

I think that we have two chances of winning the Superbowl this year: slim and none.

How the team and Josh and Stephon in particular respond to this will tell alot about their intestinal fortitude.

On the one hand, they are bound to be discouraged but on the other hand they are professionals and presumably have ways of mentally dealing with adversity.

The key will be how they and the team respond when they are several scores down in a game: do they roll over and play dead or do they fight back?

So far the team's intestinal fortitude is a question mark in my mind. Here I'm thinking back to the team's collapse at the end of last season.

For Srephon and Josh there may be a silver lining to the clound here: the pressure will be off to win it all. Now it's just a "go out and so your best season." 

My 2 cents

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

see the 2 bad games then get back to me. Last year he had no answers in many games too

You can see what you want but I'm not overly thrilled with him and we shall see how it plays out. He does lack consistency.

Playcalling is often blamed when it should be execution that is blamed.

Dorsey didn't drop those balls or underthrow Diggs who was wide open for a TD.

Stop acting like every play called by other teams works.

Edited by BillsUberAlles

31 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

I think that we have two chances of winning the Superbowl this year: slim and none.

How the team and Josh and Stephon in particular respond to this will tell alot about their intestinal fortitude.

On the one hand, they are bound to be discouraged but on the other hand they are professionals and presumably have ways of mentally dealing with adversity.

The key will be how they and the team respond when they are several scores down in a game: do they roll over and play dead or do they fight back?

So far the team's intestinal fortitude is a question mark in my mind. Here I'm thinking back to the team's collapse at the end of last season.

For Srephon and Josh there may be a silver lining to the clound here: the pressure will be off to win it all. Now it's just a "go out and so your best season." 

My 2 cents

“ For Srephon and Josh there may be a silver lining to the clound here: the pressure will be off to win it all. Now it's just a "go out and so your best season." “

Why not after all ? It could very be that way. 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This is so far off

So much detail.  Slow down.

2 hours ago, BBFL said:

Can’t say I’ve ever seen the lad “give up easily”. I’ve seen him be dejected, frustrated and unhappy with what’s unfold/ing/ed on the field but never once “given up” let alone “easily”. 

Do not think there is a player under McDermott’s lead who has given more to the team game in, game out than Josh. 

Everyone is certainly entitled to their views/opinions but if you really believe that portion of your post then I don’t know what to say… Good luck!

Well his pouty puss cost us a couple of drives early in the game.  Absolutely he pushed at the end but that was too late.  It’s a sixty minute game…..he needs to be in the game for all of it, not most of it,

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Old Coot said:

My 2 cents

Hear that? That’s ’slim’ firing up the car to leave town.

There’s enough talent on the team to overcome the injuries and manage a successful season. But Super Bowl? Highly unlikely this now. 

I’d say they’re still pretty positive…in all the things that went wrong in that game if Dawkins played like 10% better we would’ve won.  Brown gets a ton of help with chips and whatnot so Dawkins has to hold up.

diggs and Allen have gotta feel like as long as they’re both playing well the team is in good enough  shape

I believe both Josh and Stef are hoping the Bills acquire one more playmaker on offense!! I like Gabe, but I feel like he's a 3rd option at receiver. I'd also like to see the Bills consider giving Harris/Murray the bulk of the carries. This offense needs players who can consistently score or move the chains. Diggs and Allen are the only known quantities so far

Josh and Diggs missed connecting for 2 deep TD's

one was the pass where Diggs had to stop and wait for the ball that was completed for a large gain...but a better throw and it's a TD

the other, Allen needed just a tad more air / Diggs needs to win the contested catch 

Diggs could have easily finished with 200 yards and 3 TDs 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.