Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Come on now. The people who criticize or are pessimistic get crucified on the board. It's not even remotely close comparing it to the opposite spectrum. 

In theory only you are correct. 

No way man, I've seen the people who criticize this team go crazy on people being positive. It goes both ways here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

You have to give the players a day or two at your facility to heal up and get their work in. Then fly out on Wednesday. You get two days at home with your facilities and your bed to rest in. Then on Wednesday you travel and that gives you three days before game day to adjust. 

That would make the most sense to me

I travel every week for work. The farther away from travel day you can get the better off you are. If they needed Monday for injuries the should have left Tuesday morning. JMO but I have flown for work 50 times a year for 15 years even short trips mess ya up for at least a day.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Out of sync, they looked like they were running in jello. Uncharacteristic holding and interference because they were not at their best, and finally multiple injuries only to the Bills. This team was not ready to play and they looked jet-lagged.

Meh.

They didn’t look jet lagged in the 4th quarter on offense.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

You have to give the players a day or two at your facility to heal up and get their work in. Then fly out on Wednesday. You get two days at home with your facilities and your bed to rest in. Then on Wednesday you travel and that gives you three days before game day to adjust. 

That would make the most sense to me

Yeah. Maybe fly out on Tuesday night (gives them the 2 days at home still) and get there Wednesday morning, but basically I agree with your thinking.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I have to say looking at these current games being played and the rest of the day, having buffalo play jax at 9:30 in the morning with the horrible NFL Network broadcast was a major miss

That game should have been played in Buffalo at 4:25 with the potential for best game of the week.

What a bunch of nonsense the london games are.

• Agree 2

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Are injuries controllable by anyone?

It just feels like the Chiefs never lose key players for the season. I know that it's just luck, but losing three key starters likely for the season is just brutal and it doesn't seem to happen to them. I think that injury luck is more important than almost anything in this game.

• Like (+1) 1

Some things are acceptable in a loss. What’s not acceptable:

Being totally unprepared for the Jags going for the two point conversion.

The team not being ready to play.

The regression of the running game.

Lack  of focus and discipline (penalties).

I think all of these things (and more) were attitude and planning issues which go back to coaching.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Beast said:

The jet lag theory is nothing more than a bull#### excuse.

The Jags had a clear advantage, being able to acclimatise for such a longer period compared to the Bills. I think that played a part today. Does that excuse everything which went wrong? No.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

worried about the rush. They needed to open it up more earlier. 

Somebody (Dorsey) was too enamored with run. Still can’t figure out why we can’t get two ball catchers on this team. 

my disappointment mounts as my favorite ever BB, generational QB has another birthday. 

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

It just feels like the Chiefs never lose key players for the season. I know that it's just luck, but losing three key starters likely for the season is just brutal and it doesn't seem to happen to them. I think that injury luck is more important than almost anything in this game.

Exactly. Luck. So anyone weeping and donning the sackcloth over them is being more than a little irrational 

On the bright side, AJE looked like TJ Watt out there. 

Once we get Rousseau back and Von up to speed, I can’t think of anyone in the league with a better EDGE room. 

Praying Daquan can come back this season and Poona can hold it down until then, because this DL is going to be what we need to rely on with Hyde/Poyer on their last legs, a disaster class behind Benford/Jackson and what looks to be Milano done for the year. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SCBills said:

On the bright side, AJE looked like TJ Watt out there. 

Once we get Rousseau back and Von up to speed, I can’t think of anyone in the league with a better EDGE room. 

Praying Daquan can come back this season and Poona can hold it down until then, because this DL is going to be what we need to rely on with Hyde/Poyer on their last legs, a disaster class behind Benford/Jackson and what looks to be Milano done for the year. 

What happened with von?

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

What happened with von?

I don’t think anything.  I think he was on a pitch count and with the turf clearly being in our guys heads (they commented on it after the game), I don’t think they were in any hurry to play him heavy snaps. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Are injuries controllable by anyone?

Not so much controllable, but sound training, diet, sleep/rest and other common sense things contribute.  But at the end of the day tackle football is a collision sport with players using their bodies as weapons.  Injuries are going to happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CodeMonkey said:

Not so much controllable, but sound training, diet, sleep/rest and other common sense things contribute.  But at the end of the day tackle football is a collision sport with players using their bodies as weapons.  Injuries are going to happen.

Exactly, so no need to expend precious bodily fluids crying about it 

Just now, Roundybout said:

Pitch count. Nothing more

That's good, was wondering about it 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The Jags had a clear advantage, being able to acclimatise for such a longer period compared to the Bills. I think that played a part today. Does that excuse everything which went wrong? No.

The Bills defense didn’t look jet lagged for 3 quarters. Did they have a different travel itinerary than the offense?

• Agree 1

• Simon pinned this topic
Just now, Beast said:

The Bills defense didn’t look jet lagged for 3 quarters. Did they have a different travel itinerary than the offense?

How many 3rd Down's did they let through their grasp after looking decent on that score in preceding weeks, including against the much better Dolphins offense? Blown coverage, basic errors. The defense did well, but a lot of plays slipped by.

But, yes, bad play calling and executing played a part on offense.

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Process said:

How are so many people confused by this? Maybe it's me that's wrong?

Outside of two minutes injuries don't stop the clock. So once he was off the field the clock would have started again. Bills would have to use a TO regardless?

The refs have returned time outs called on injury plays. Maybe the debate is we called it before the player went down but I have never seen a team have to keep the timeout in use after an injury.

The intentional batting of the ball out of bounds was also a penalty. 

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Bills defense couldn’t get off the field and the game would have been a blowout if not for big individual plays in the red zone.

It was a great effort, but it was their worst game of the year by far and they definitely looked jet lagged.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

How many 3rd Down's did they let through their grasp after looking decent on that score in preceding weeks, including against the much better Dolphins offense? Blown coverage, basic errors. The defense did well, but a lot of plays slipped by.

But, yes, bad play calling and executing played a part on offense.

We started the game with our top 2 corners out.  After 3 quarters the Jags had 11 points and the Bills were down Milano, Miller, and Jones.  And we were trailing.  Sure, let’s blame the D.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I am reading a lot of people talking about the Jaguars like they are some trash team from 3 years ago.

That team won their division and a playoff game last year.  They are likely going to run away with the South again this year.  I am not trying to say they are juggernauts or anything but at the end of the season, I don't think that this loss will look as atrocious as some of you are taking it, injuries aside. 

We played poorly with a decimated defense and still had the ball down 1 score at the end. 

The sun will rise again tomorrow everyone.  Preferably on US EST for our Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, juscoo said:

anytime someone tells you to calm down it's only one game early in the season, tell them to get back to you when they're playing a playoff game in arrowhead once again.

mcdermott isn't good enough, dorsey is just plain bad. this franchise is going to waste allen's entire career flipping the field with pansy ass punts.

So far this season Dorsey has only had two good games. Dolphins I’ll admit was a flawless game plan. The raiders was also well coached. 

but every other game has had a mediocre offensive performance to include the commanders game. Keep in mind with all those turnovers, we still only had 16 points going into the 4th quarter. It was the Epenesa TD that turned that game on its head. 

dorsey is holding this team back. Almost to the point we may want to consider firing him in season to get more juice out of our offense. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Bills defense couldn’t get off the field and the game would have been a blowout if not for big individual plays in the red zone.

It was a great effort, but it was their worst game of the year by far and they definitely looked jet lagged.

No. No they didn’t.

They were down Rousseau, Daquan Jones, had a Von Miller in there who is getting acclimated, had Lawson out, Milano out, Tre White out,  Christian Benford out….and they played their asses off.

Did AJ Epenesa look jet lagged to you?

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

If they are making you go to Europe, it should be an away game for both teams. Losing a home game for this crap is bs.

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

The jet lag theory is nothing more than a bull#### excuse.

Having currently spent the past week+ in Europe (and several times before this), I assure you the first few days are rough.  And I’m an East Coast kid that can go West without much trouble. 🤷‍♂️👽

Of course, also guessing Josh and Co didn’t drink 5,000 drinks on the way over, so maybe it’s just me… 🤔🙃

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How do we look so great at times then just so lost? It’s like contagious in 1 direction or the other. When it’s good, it’s great and when it’s bad it’s pitiful 

That's been the Buffalo Bills offense since 2019. Some call it "The Josh Allen Experience". Although I don't blame him much for this one...which I guess means it's contagious and the other players and even the offensive coordinator have become infected even when he himself is not showing symptoms.

Edited by Wayne Arnold
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

5-12 on 3rd down, <22 mins t.o.p, one first down in the first 4 drives. Other stats from the game. 

And how many drives ended because of drops/penalties? The Bills need to let Josh run too, and they’re coaching him not to. It’s leading to some indecision.

5 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

So far this season Dorsey has only had two good games. Dolphins I’ll admit was a flawless game plan. The raiders was also well coached. 

but every other game has had a mediocre offensive performance to include the commanders game. Keep in mind with all those turnovers, we still only had 16 points going into the 4th quarter. It was the Epenesa TD that turned that game on its head. 

dorsey is holding this team back. Almost to the point we may want to consider firing him in season to get more juice out of our offense. 

You want to install a new offensive system mid-season? Our bye week isn't until after Thanksgiving.

15 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I have to say looking at these current games being played and the rest of the day, having buffalo play jax at 9:30 in the morning with the horrible NFL Network broadcast was a major miss

That game should have been played in Buffalo at 4:25 with the potential for best game of the week.

What a bunch of nonsense the london games are.

I agree, but as I'm sure you know, it's ALL about the $$$ (for the NFL....jersey/hat sales, online streaming services, etc). Sort of surprised the NFLPA agreed with it. I really don't think that by playing games overseas the players are getting more money than the exorbitant amount they already get.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.